So If Corporations Are Considered Equal To Persons...

MarcATL

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2009
Then who do we arrest when one of them breaks the law?

The CEO, the Board Members, the Stock Holders...WHO?

The winger with another ignorant pseudo-point

Corporations are not individuals... and those responsible for the infractions involving crime within a corporation are held responsible for their actions...

Corporations do not have the rights of an individual citizen.. as they are not individual entities in and of themselves... corporations are things that are not cognizant... corporations would not exist without the individuals funding and working within them.. just as private property does not exist without a citizen or individual to own it

Simple. A corporation isn't really a person. It is given recognation as a quasi person so i can do business, hold assets, produce documents etc under the identity of the corporation and not the people in it. It can also be held liable in civil court as an entity. This was desgined originally to distinguish between private assest and the corporations. Without this a person could sue the compainies stockholders for thier personal assests, regardless of source.

As for criminal liability crimes have and will continue to be charged against the person responsible. accounting crimes against accountant and management, other crimes against the person who did it under the guise of the organziation.

Corporations is people is a simplification of the concept.

So to sum up the response from the few Neo-Cons that cared to reply:

Corporations can run to the rights and freedoms of individuals when it best suits them and then run back to the freedoms and rights of Corporations when it best suits them.

OK, I get it.

Thanks.

So to sum up the response from the few Neo-Cons that cared to reply:

Corporations can run to the rights and freedoms of individuals when it best suits them and then run back to the freedoms and rights of Corporations when it best suits them.

OK, I get it.

Thanks.

1) Try and understand exactly what a neo-con is... before continuing to use it as you typically do in your complete ignorance
2) Nice attempt to twist words to fit your babbling.... not gonna work though

First issue:

How do you know I am a neo-con. I did not go into opinion on the rules, just how I see them.

Second I did not say corportations are a person. They are a quasi-person, or an amaglamation of people that is given certain abilities for interactive purposes.

For example they do not get a vote, or a census count. But they can be taxed and regulated. They can be taken to court and forced to pay settlements, but they cant go to jail (people in them can).

The issue you are alluding to in a heavy handed way is more about speech, and in particular how political speech is paid for. The question is about how a corporation can used declared income for the publication of opinions made by the corporation (really the board of directors, actual people)

OK, for the forty-eleventh time, if you find yourself agreeing with and/or supporting the likes of Karl Rove, Billy Kristol, Krauthammer, et al...you're a Neo-Con.

However, if this does not apply to you, then I take it back...just this once.

I would hate for you people to get your panties so twisted up into tight bunches for no reason, as I'm such a nice guy you see.

Yep Krauthammer is the man. Neo-con it is.

He actually pisses some conservatives off with his views on carbon taxes, less for Global warming, more for Energy Independence.

OK, for the forty-eleventh time, if you find yourself agreeing with and/or supporting the likes of Karl Rove, Billy Kristol, Krauthammer, et al...you're a Neo-Con.

However, if this does not apply to you, then I take it back...just this once.

I would hate for you people to get your panties so twisted up into tight bunches for no reason, as I'm such a nice guy you see.

So because a vegetarian agrees with Hitler's stance on being a vegetarian, that makes them a Nazi?

You are a complete buffoon

At least try and understand what a neo-con is, before throwing the term around even more in ignorance

Wow Denzel that's really deep!

How many votes does a corporation get in a federal election, I mean compared to ACORN?

img.jpg

Can you show me where the Supreme Court said corporations are equal to people first?

The person who was responsible for the action. Duh. Corporate officers are carted off to jail all the time.

The myth of the corporate "person" took form with the 1886 Santa Clara case. Specifically a corrupt "clerk" (former railroad president) misrepresented the court's decision in the case notes and ever since then the malignancy described as corporate "personhood" has metasticized into a full-body cancer on US law.

Interestingly the folks who wrote the 14th amendment deleted "natural born" from the "persons" part SPECIFICALLY with intent to facilitate corporate personhood.

There is no moral basis for it. "Entity" is a better word. Not to mention entities can be more closely regulated within the constitution than persons, because persons have clear and specific rights no business was ever intended to have or should have.

What tickles me about corporate "personhood" is the number of halfwits who accept it as gospel - and even more hilariously, as something good. It isn't.

Corporations with "personhood" are functionally above the law because as someone figured out above, only corporate employees are subject to the law on the usual basis. To declare a corporation a criminal enterprise and prosecute it under criminal is not an easy thing to do. Obviously corporations get sued every day. Hilariously, halfwits tend to be against that, even though corporations poison them and their children as well as brutalize them in about every way possible. Fuck people that stupid. They deserve the fucking their lords and masters give them - the funny part to me is these are the people who blame everything on liberals. Again, they deserve lives of misery.

One expects nutball leaders to support corporate hegemony, but it is somewhat sad the Democrat party sold out in the 1980s. Then came scum like Clinton and Holder- arrivestes who can be bought on the come and paid off on the back end - fit dead-on into the nutball mold of "that is how it should be and fuck soldiers and the flesh and blood persons who do the actual work of building, maintaining and protecting the United States".

Last edited:

Forum List

Back