So if a private business owner says one has to be vaxxed to work there

HIPAA still applies.

A covered entity is permitted, but not required, to use and disclose protected health information, without an individual’s authorization, for the following purposes or situations:

When required by law

Public health activities

Victims of abuse or neglect or domestic violence

Health oversight activities

Judicial and administrative proceedings

Law enforcement

Functions (such as identification) concerning deceased persons

Cadaveric organ, eye, or tissue donation

Research, under certain conditions

To prevent or lessen a serious threat to health or safety

Essential government functions

Workers compensation

Maybe I'm not understanding it, but, i have a feeling they will be able to find a way around hipaa.

Damn, you're just an expert at everything including HIPAA. I think you better read the HIPAA law again. Here's a little bit about it.

Why don't you suck both nuts, hooker? I never claimed to be an expert. But since you're apparently the expert, point out my flaws.

Maybe I'm not understanding it, but, i have a feeling they will be able to find a way around hipaa.
So let's go from here. What is a covered entity?
Why don't you suck both nuts, hooker? I never claimed to be an expert. But since you're apparently the expert, point out my flaws.
Point out your flaws? Just look in the fucking mirror fool. You need to lookup covered entities too.

Is that why CCP Joe will not allow LEGAL immigration across the Canadian or Mexican borders, but illegals with covid are welcomed with open arms? More COVID BULLSHIT, I don't believe ANYTHING anymore.
Don't get angry with me, I'm just pointing out what I heard and the direction it appears to be heading. I heard Glenn beck talking about it on his radio program today.

Maybe so. That hooker Debbie provided a nice read. You should check that out. This is another interesting take from a law review.

Maybe so. That hooker Debbie provided a nice read. You should check that out. This is another interesting take from a law review.

Oh, wow you have become a big cry baby. Instead you should really be researching what HIPAA really means and what entities are covered.

While your at it go research EEOC and ADA and who can be exempt from a mandatory vaccine

You need a mandatory bottle of bleach to drink.

So let's go from here. What is a covered entity?

Point out your flaws? Just look in the fucking mirror fool. You need to lookup covered entities too.
Covered Entities

The following types of individuals and organizations are subject to the Privacy Rule and considered covered entities:

Healthcare providers: Every healthcare provider, regardless of size of practice, who electronically transmits health information in connection with certain transactions. These transactions include claims, benefit eligibility inquiries, referral authorization requests, and other transactions for which HHS has established standards under the HIPAA Transactions Rule.

Health plans: Entities that provide or pay the cost of medical care. Health plans include health, dental, vision, and prescription drug insurers; health maintenance organizations (HMOs); Medicare, Medicaid, Medicare+Choice, and Medicare supplement insurers; and long-term care insurers (excluding nursing home fixed-indemnity policies). Health plans also include employer-sponsored group health plans, government- and church-sponsored health plans, and multi-employer health plans.

Exception: A group health plan with fewer than 50 participants that is administered solely by the employer that established and maintains the plan is not a covered entity.

Healthcare clearinghouses: Entities that process nonstandard information they receive from another entity into a standard (i.e., standard format or data content), or vice versa. In most instances, healthcare clearinghouses will receive individually identifiable health information only when they are providing these processing services to a health plan or healthcare provider as a business associate.

Business associates: A person or organization (other than a member of a covered entity’s workforce) using or disclosing individually identifiable health information to perform or provide functions, activities, or services for a covered entity. These functions, activities, or services include claims processing, data analysis, utilization review, and billing.

I'm going to assume your employer is a covered entity, meaning they are not allowed to inquire or disclose your personal health information, but, the exemption removes that limitation from them.

If your employer is not considered a covered entity, then hipaa doesn't apply to them anyway, right?

What can the employee do? As of today? At will employment says all power is with the employer.
I guess you can try a lawsuit if they lock you out for failure to follow company policy, but not sure how that will work out for you. Did you stand up an object when companies with government approval instituted drug testing? Stuff the government lets companies do, that they are not allowed to do to you on their own aren't pleasant and may not be right as the logical mind still knows it is the government allowing.
I would not get too worked up over it, though, if you do not personally have a medical history of reactions to vaccines and exotic medications. This one is for your own good, whether against your principles of person freedom or not, and certainly not worth sacrificing a decent job to assuage your sense of person liberty rights and especially not as a political stance if that enters into it.
Good luck to ya.

Don't get angry with me, I'm just pointing out what I heard and the direction it appears to be heading. I heard Glenn beck talking about it on his radio program today.
Not angry with you, limitations of the written word. I am frustrated with the sheer number or contradictory directives, news releases, and supposed "science" that isn't science that is being disseminated as fact. Also not particularly happy with the number of lemmings that are just blindly following and not using common sense.

This is a lie. According to CDC, only 6% of that number have died FROM covid. The other fatalities were people WITH covid and life threatening comorbidities. More Bullshit.
"That means that 6% of those who died with COVID-19 didn’t have any other reported conditions" And that is pretty rare. The cause of death is the event that lead to the chain of events that resulted in death. For example, a person dies has Covid, heart disease, diabetes, and COPD. If the chain of events are Covid causes respiratory failure and the respiratory failure, cause the heart failure then it is Covid that causes the death because Covid initiated the chain of events that led to the death.

Last edited:
This is a lie. According to CDC, only 6% of that number have died FROM covid. The other fatalities were people WITH covid and life threatening comorbidities. More Bullshit.

That’s is damn stupid and CDC did not say that nonsense.

Just because you have hypertension or diabetes DOES NOT mean you can’t be killed by getting sick with Covid.

As far as in aware, no company, until this point, could force vaccinations. Granted, im not versed in corporate law and don't know the policies of every company, but, as of yet, I've never seen it.

Now, the ambiguity is gone, gov said companies can mandate vaccinations.
When I was a medical resident, they would have suspended me without pay for not getting influenza vaccine. It wasn’t that anyone was opposed to vaccines, we just had a lot of shit to do and put it off.

But yeah, it was required.

I've seen a lot of health care worker's who could not keep their job if they did not get a flu shot. One was a nursing home my wife used to work for. Year's ago.
Well, Healthcare workers have always been in that special category, as you tend to work around other sick people, so you don't want to risk exposing someone to something.

But, I'm not disagreeing with you. We are already seeing employers madate vaccines, and I feel that will continue to grow.

Forum List

Back