So if a private business owner says one has to be vaxxed to work there

What can the employee do? As of today? At will employment says all power is with the employer.
As of right now, the employee has two options, either be vaccinated, or find a new job.

The government just gave all employers unfettered ability to force their employees to be vaccinated.

Yes unions are becoming powerless and that boxes really bad for workers. That us how easy it is to find workers.

Companies have always had the power.
Not really, i mean, I've never seen a company mandate that getting a flu vaccine is condition of employment.

Perhaps they could, but they never did. This is different. Many employers will likely push this.

The government just gave all employers unfettered ability to force their employees to be vaccinated.
Wrong.

It has nothing to do with ‘the government.’

Employers have always been at liberty to establish employment policies and conditions of employment.

As conservatives always say: ‘if you don’t like how your employer treats you or his policies, go find a job elsewhere; your employer is under no obligation to accommodate his employees.’

The government didn’t give the employers the ability to fire people. They just decided not to get involved.

The government that governs least, right?
As far as in aware, no company, until this point, could force vaccinations. Granted, im not versed in corporate law and don't know the policies of every company, but, as of yet, I've never seen it.

Now, the ambiguity is gone, gov said companies can mandate vaccinations.

They can demand but HIPAA states that they cannot inquire if you have had it unless medical vaccination was a requirement to assume the position.
One way they may be able to also is if you get your insurance through your employer. I don't for example.

Wrong.

It has nothing to do with ‘the government.’

Employers have always been at liberty to establish employment policies and conditions of employment.

As conservatives always say: ‘if you don’t like how your employer treats you or his policies, go find a job elsewhere; your employer is under no obligation to accommodate his employees.’
Im not aware of any law that states a company can force you to take an injection. Perhaps you could point this out for me?

1628206921036.png

And if a employer says he doesn't want any vaccinated there that appears to be the employers right too.

*****SMILE*****

:)

They can demand but HIPAA states that they cannot inquire if you have had it unless medical vaccination was a requirement to assume the position.
One way they may be able to also is if you get your insurance through your employer. I don't for example.
Digital vaccine passports are coming, and your vaccinations are held by some government health service. I forget which one. Basically, gov knows if you've been vaccinated and this digital passport will be linked to that database.

Forum List

Back