So I got this notice on my door today....

Feeding Crows

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2021
It says, and i quote, "We need your help. We noticed that you have a pet..." I'm not gonna type the whole thing, but it's hysterical to me.

So they want to charge me for having a pet. Which I don't have. So I left a voicemail that if you're going to charge cockroaches as pets, you can suck my royal ass! I can't wait for their reply. :)

Last edited:
And btw, cockroaches do come up the drain. I was always told they didnt. But they do. Ever since I put a stopper on every drain, I've never seen a roach.

When I took the stopper off my kitchen sink last week in order to use it, there was a roach underneath waiting to be let out. So I didn't believe it, but it's true! They somehow know to swim through the J valve when it should be pitch black for them!

It says, and i quote, "We need your help. We noticed that you have a pet..." I'm not gonna type the whole thing, but it's hysterical to me.

So they want to charge me for having a pet. Which I don't have. So I left a voicemail that if you're going to charge cockroaches as pets, you can suck my royal ass! I can't wait for their reply. :)

You are an American, you are NOT royalty.

I, as a Canadian on the other hand...

:auiqs.jpg:
:laugh2:

And btw, cockroaches do come up the drain. I was always told they didnt. But they do. Ever since I put a stopper on every drain, I've never seen a roach.

When I took the stopper off my kitchen sink last week in order to use it, there was a roach underneath waiting to be let out. So I didn't believe it, but it's true! They somehow know to swim through the J valve when it should be pitch black for them!
Pour bleach down the sinks and bathtub drains.

I pour boiling water. Because I'm usually out of bleach.
Bleach is cheap at the market and just pour a cup of it down there and let it sit for about an hour with the stoppers in and that should start helping.

Do it once a week and the problem will go away.

Someone is pouring grease into the sinks and there is build up, so bleach will poison the food in the drains for the roaches…

I pour boiling water. Because I'm usually out of bleach.

Bleach could damage your pipes, especially in large amounts and if they reside in a catch pipe or elbow pipe.

I personally rarely ever put bleach down a drain. Though in small, diluted amounts I have.

Well, they're not my pipes, they're the landlords :)

They can spray, but it's not helping from the source, which is the sinks.

No, it doesn’t unless you are talking about old metal pipes.

Most places are PVC down here and have been doing it for years now.

Yeah I was going to add that caveat, we have metal in some areas so I avoid it.

Boiling water and stopping the drains work for me. I just always thought they came from other places, but they don't! They actually come up the drain, and I'm on the 2nd floor, which I find incredible!

Boiling water and stopping the drains work for me. I just always thought they came from other places, but they don't! They actually come up the drain, which I find incredible!

You should record them as they come up the drain, make them famous on youtube. You could even give them names, as if they were pets! :)

imagine that fookin roach, that climbs at least 2 stories of pitch black pipe, and then hits a pool of water, and decides to swim down into it! Without a light source, why would it do that?!? That's suicide! But somehow they know there's something on the other side! That fascinates me....

Borax Kills Roaches & most other household insects. Spread it around the house. Especially under, in, out & around cabinets, appliances, pipes, baseboards, rugs, window sills & doorways.

My last place, I actually saw one coming up the toilet bowl while I peed into it. And that place had the big mutant roaches. They are the fastest swimmers.

If I were to judge, and make the roach human size, that roach swimmed about 100mph. It just zipped through the water!

Borax Kills Roaches & most other household insects. Spread it around the house. Especially under, in, out & around cabinets, appliances, baseboards, rugs, window sills & doorways.
I don't have them in the house. They're just around the sink. Ever since I closed the drains, they're totally gone.

Earlier this week, I was a dumb-ass and left the sink drain open. The next day I see a roach, and that's when I realized that I left it open.

So besides locally treating my pipes with boiling water, there doesn't seem anything I can do for the long run. Or is there?

New Topics

Forum List

Back