So I bought the Mass Efect collection on Steam today.

What kind of performance can I expect from these old turds?

While I can't speak to performance on a console, I recently upgraded my niece's PC so she could play some system heavy games-- including the newest Mass Effect. Runs great on a Radeon RX 560 4GB w/16 GB of system RAM on an Intel i7 Devil's Canyon. I also found a Mod for her so she can play the game in first person view. I figure at 16, video games will keep her nerdy and away from boys that much more; she just got her driver's license and bought her first car. Yikes.

Mass-Effect-Andromeda-845321.jpg

• Banned

While I can't speak to performance on a console, I recently upgraded my niece's PC so she could play some system heavy games-- including the newest Mass Effect. Runs great on a Radeon RX 560 4GB w/16 GB of system RAM on an Intel i7 Devil's Canyon. I also found a Mod for her so she can play the game in first person view. I figure at 16, video games will keep her nerdy and away from boys that much more; she just got her driver's license and bought her first car. Yikes.

View attachment 212571
I'm playing on PC. GTX 1080 i7 with a vr mod.

View attachment 212571

Nice.

• Banned

View attachment 212571

Nice.
I don't post in the PC forum cause mobas and mmo's are for losers....lol

View attachment 212571
Steam is a download platform not a console! Good card you bought, you are going to want more ram!

View attachment 212571
I would need to know about video card and ram to know much at all. I am not familiar with the particular game you are speaking about.

View attachment 212571
I would need to know about video card and ram to know much at all. I am not familiar with the particular game you are speaking about.
I7 gtx1080 16gb ram if memory serves me right

View attachment 212571
fine for an older game

I haven't played any video games in while but I really enjoyed Mass Effect 1 & 2

View attachment 212571

Nice.
I don't post in the PC forum cause mobas and mmo's are for losers....lol
mobas?

Are you asking about the performance of the Steam app?

I've found them very solid and reliable. Of course, you're streaming most gameplay nowadays so its a matter of connection speed.

View attachment 212571
fine for an older game
Lol wut? I'm currently playing the new Tomb Raider in 4k.

My system runs the new games great. My question was a specific older game that wasn't originally optimized for pc.

View attachment 212571
fine for an older game

A 1080 and 16gb of RAM is just "fine for an older game"? The RTX cards just came out, a GTX 1080 is still near the top of the list for gaming cards as far as I know, and 16gb of RAM is more than enough for gaming from everything I've seen on the subject.

Forum List

Back