So Here's My Question

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
The Italian prosecutor has threatened to appeal the Amanda Knox appeal and re appeal for another trial...:cuckoo: Question, do you think the US will extradite her back to Italy given that we have a "double jeopardy" clause and she is now back on US soil?

The Italian prosecutor has threatened to appeal the Amanda Knox appeal and re appeal for another trial...:cuckoo: Question, do you think the US will extradite her back to Italy given that we have a "double jeopardy" clause and she is now back on US soil?

No I dont think we will extradite her. I don't think we should either. Just tell her "You can never go back to italy or else you will face prosecution"

If they have better evidence, I'd be fine with her getting sent back. Our legal system is neither here nor there. It is an Italian crime, it is their legal system that matters. They are not some whackjob regime. There is no reason for her not to face trial again.... if that is their decision.

If they have better evidence, I'd be fine with her getting sent back. Our legal system is neither here nor there. It is an Italian crime, it is their legal system that matters. They are not some whackjob regime. There is no reason for her not to face trial again.... if that is their decision.

I disagree. That would be the third trial. She has been acquitted. With your theory this could go on the rest of her life. She's in America now. And we don't believe in double jeopardy.

I disagree. That would be the third trial. She has been acquitted. With your theory this could go on the rest of her life. She's in America now. And we don't believe in double jeopardy.

It does not matter what we 'believe' in. What matters is the law. I don't know that much about the Italian justice system but, it would seem to err on the side of caution. The problem is that you use emotion instead of logic on the issue. It is never wise to form an opinion based on emotion.

Logically, it is more likely that she is guilty than innocent. I don't support anyone getting away with murder.

It does not matter what we 'believe' in. What matters is the law. I don't know that much about the Italian justice system but, it would seem to err on the side of caution. The problem is that you use emotion instead of logic on the issue. It is never wise to form an opinion based on emotion.

Logically, it is more likely that she is guilty than innocent. I don't support anyone getting away with murder.

gosh,, how do you figure that?

No. If the Judges decide to retrial her then she will be tried in absentia. If found guilty and she stays in this country there will probably be no extradition.

It would not be double jeopardy because the appeal process/trial was flawed and therefore a continuation of the original trial.

gosh,, how do you figure that?

I read up on the case. Take out the hyperbolic emotional crap and just look at the evidence. It does not look good for her. But, it's their legal system, and they chose to free her. It is what it is.

No. If the Judges decide to retrial her then she will be tried in absentia. If found guilty and she stays in this country there will probably be no extradition.

It would not be double jeopardy because the appeal process/trial was flawed and therefore a continuation of the original trial.

And if the victim had been American, and the perp was Italian, and the Italians said they wouldn't send that person back.... there would be an outcry about it. Just because she's American does not make her innocent.

And if the victim had been American, and the perp was Italian, and the Italians said they wouldn't send that person back.... there would be an outcry about it. Just because she's American does not make her innocent.

She has been acquitted in a court of law.

link me to the evidence by which you have convicted her.

See, there you go with the emotional reaction instead of logic. Do your own damned research, Willy.

I have not 'convicted' her. I have no more than an opinion formed on the evidence. This overly emotional crap is very dull.

See, there you go with the emotional reaction instead of logic. Do your own damned research, Willy.

I have not 'convicted' her. I have no more than an opinion formed on the evidence. This overly emotional crap is very dull.

You so "hate to see anyone get away with murder" you have no problem with her being tried again,, so yes, in your mind you have definitely conviced her based on something you've "read" I merely asked for your source. That is all.

You so "hate to see anyone get away with murder" you have no problem with her being tried again,, so yes, in your mind you have definitely conviced her based on something you've "read" I merely asked for your source. That is all.

You quote me as saying I "hate to see anyone get away with murder".... I did not use those words and it is disingenuous to quote me as having used that phrase. What is it with people that they can't quote what other actually say and instead prefer to lie about it? Don't lie about what I say, Willy.

I have no real opinion - other than I do happen to think it is more likely that she is guilty. In my opinion, she knows more about the crime than she admits to.

I have no 'source'.... I have a variety of sources. I tend to roll that way - I use more than one 'source' for research. I find I get a better balance of the facts that way.

You're becoming almost 'truthmatter-esque' about this.

She's guilty as sin. Don't know how she got off. Prolly because she's white. I'd feel a lot safer if she went back to Italy.

Last edited:

You quote me as saying I "hate to see anyone get away with murder".... I did not use those words and it is disingenuous to quote me as having used that phrase. What is it with people that they can't quote what other actually say and instead prefer to lie about it? Don't lie about what I say, Willy.

I have no real opinion - other than I do happen to think it is more likely that she is guilty. In my opinion, she knows more about the crime than she admits to.

I have no 'source'.... I have a variety of sources. I tend to roll that way - I use more than one 'source' for research. I find I get a better balance of the facts that way.

I bolded your words.

I bolded your words.

I know what I said.... It's you who is putting words into my mouth. I'm asking you not to. I speak my own mind... I do not need anyone to interpret for me.

I have an opinion. That is that she is more likely to be guilty than innocent. I have not 'convicted' her.... as you accuse. I also have an opinion on another trial... that is it up to the Italian legal system to decide what steps to take. If they choose to go for another trial, I have no problem with it. You might. I don't. I do not expect other countries to abide by the US legal system.

I bolded your words.

I know what I said.... It's you who is putting words into my mouth. I'm asking you not to. I speak my own mind... I do not need anyone to interpret for me.

I have an opinion. That is that she is more likely to be guilty than innocent. I have not 'convicted' her.... as you accuse. I also have an opinion on another trial... that is it up to the Italian legal system to decide what steps to take. If they choose to go for another trial, I have no problem with it. You might. I don't. I do not expect other countries to abide by the US legal system.

Well in view of the fact that they tossed out the evidence and acquitted her and she is now back on home soil maybe the deranged prosecutor will give it up. At least some Italians have good walking around sense.

I bolded your words.

Well in view of the fact that they tossed out the evidence and acquitted her and she is now back on home soil maybe the deranged prosecutor will give it up. At least some Italians have good walking around sense.

Well, one Italian does. From my reading of the articles on the case, Italians generally believe she is guilty.

New Topics

Forum List

Back