So, Do Democrats REALLY Oppose HydroxyChloroquine Only Because Trump Supports Using It? Seems So.....

Can Hydroxychloroquine save lives?

• No, it is snake oil

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Yes, and the goobermint should not intrude on doctor patient choices

Votes: 25 83.3%
  • I dunno, whose playing tonight?

Votes: 3 10.0%

• Total voters
We would rush trials to get them done ASAP, before making such an announcement, and the President would not be making that announcement..the Scientists or Doctor's would.
And months later, if not years later, after hundreds of thousands have died, you find out it works, but at least 1% of the people who would have e been given the drug over 10 years wouldnt have risked blindness, lol.
it would not take years, because the drug components have already been tested for their side effects, which are known.....

the one study done in France with only like 45 people, half received the drug, half did not....

out of the half that did not receive it 87% or so recovered completely in the testing period

out of the ones who took the H/C malaria drug, something like 93% recovered, but 1 person DIED.

IT DOES show promise....about 6% more people recovered during the time period.... but NOTE, 1 person taking the drug in the trial died,

and no one in the trial not taking the drug died....

we need to run trials WITH MORE PEOPLE, before it is proclaimed as a God given miracle....

This is just unbelievable, but Democrats are slamming on the use of Hydroxychloroquine merely because Trump recommends it, and of course ORANGE MAN BAD!

So The goobernor of Mitchagain and New Yahk restrict the patient doctor relationship to only using it in a hospital setting?

OMG!

Will this wake black voters up about the Dimocrat Death Party (of Abortion) and its very evil core nature?

Of course not.
We do not oppose it. We believe it needs proper trials on its efficacy.

Who does it work best on? 40-50 year olds, 60-70 year olds?

Female vs male?

At what time during the disease...before you're really sick, after you are sick, but before put on a ventilator?

What dosage works best? For what age, what weight? Child vs adult?

Like every other drug, we need to know these things...

Just like we are doing with all the other drugs created by our best and brightest scientists out there now, to combat the disease that are going thru trials, that are showing even greater promise than this drug for malaria....
can't make up this kind of stupid this jack monkey careless spews.

We would rush trials to get them done ASAP, before making such an announcement, and the President would not be making that announcement..the Scientists or Doctor's would.
And months later, if not years later, after hundreds of thousands have died, you find out it works, but at least 1% of the people who would have e been given the drug over 10 years wouldnt have risked blindness, lol.
it would not take years, because the drug components have already been tested for their side effects, which are known.....

the one study done in France with only like 45 people, half received the drug, half did not....

out of the half that did not receive it 87% or so recovered completely in the testing period

out of the ones who took the H/C malaria drug, something like 93% recovered, but 1 person DIED.

IT DOES show promise....about 6% more people recovered during the time period.... but NOTE, 1 person taking the drug in the trial died,

we need to run trials WITH MORE PEOPLE, before it is proclaimed as a God given miracle....
you watched the series episode of Resident, didn't you?

For someone in critical condition, go for it. Couldn't hurt. Probably.

But it still needs to be researched more, for this virus, before it's prescribed to everyone.
Lol they are taking it to avoid that point, doctor’s in the Er are taking it healthy.. stop watching fake news

you watched the series episode of Resident, didn't you?
no

Agreed, but that should not prevent anyone from prescribing it if the doctor thinks it can work.
i agree, if the doc thinks his patient could benefit from it! then the family could sue him, if their loved one was left with a heart condition or died! :D:D:D j/k

I notice that Democrats after a slow start now push a flavor of HYSTERIA, to keep the partisan attacks alive and well. The Media has been pushing continuous one sided attacks on the President from the start, with lies and bullcrap.

COVID-19 is an overblown/overrated virus that kills mostly the old and sick, little else.

Coronavirus Death Predictions Bring New Meaning to Hysteria

By Michael Fumento
April 01, 2020

Excerpt:

The U.S. is staring at a Netflix-type apocalypse. You know, with feral animals eating human corpses, mutant plants reoccupying streets and buildings, empty restaurants and malls across the landscape….

Well, that last part is true, anyway. Not because of the disease but rather hysteria.

You’ve heard the apocalyptic claims. Imperial College in London – in a claim that would later get walked way back to far less fanfare* – estimated as many as 2.2 million U.S. deaths, depending on how drastically the population is locked down, locked out, and locked in. To reduce that figure to a “mere” 1.1 million, we would need to live a gulag life “until a vaccine becomes available (potentially 18 months or more),” they said. The CDC has issued an estimate of as many as 1.7 million American deaths.

Yet with lesser measures in place now – and for a very short period – the market has crashed, we are experiencing more unemployment claims than at the height of the Great Recession, and there looms a real possibility of a worldwide depression. And there are those who say those measures aren’t nearly draconian enough.

Do we really need to destroy the country to save it?

LINK

=====

There are countries out there, that never locked down their people into homes, yet have a much smaller China flu effect.

This is just unbelievable, but Democrats are slamming on the use of Hydroxychloroquine merely because Trump recommends it, and of course ORANGE MAN BAD!

So The goobernor of Mitchagain and New Yahk restrict the patient doctor relationship to only using it in a hospital setting?

OMG!

Will this wake black voters up about the Dimocrat Death Party (of Abortion) and its very evil core nature?

Of course not.

Female vs male?

At what time during the disease...before you're really sick, after you are sick, but before put on a ventilator?

What dosage is good? For what age, what weight?

Just like we are doing with all the other drugs created by our best and brightest scientists out there now, to combat the disease that are going thru trials, that are showing even greater promise than this drug for malaria....
Preliminary tests tell the medical community that it works, and it works well. It would keep a lot of people alive if the DNC would take off its gloves. Sadly, the party importantes disapprove of every little thing President Trump suggests is effective. I just don't know what it takes, because some people down at the bottom of the totem pole have no hope without something that works considerably well to spite the face of death from COVID-19.. The professionals available to President Trump are not fly-by-nights. They're real good medical people who know a winner when their first tests are in and help people if they get the diagnosis soon enough. I love them for their wonderful work. :huddle:

If the Democrats take people's hope away because it hasn't been 40 years in the proof, many who take them on their disgust will die who might well have been saved if they knew the results of the prelims. My prayers are up for the infected people that they do the do and get well very soon. :hands:

I'm curious...

How exactly is the DNC preventing the drug from being dispensed?
Through common hate of anything and everything President Trump supports due to his research and decisiveness. Hate is a truly lethal commodity in fighting this coronavirus disease-19, and the Democrats need to get a perspective, as they have none.

Agreed, but that should not prevent anyone from prescribing it if the doctor thinks it can work.
i agree, if the doc thinks his patient could benefit from it! then the family could sue him, if their loved one was left with a heart condition or died! :D:D:D j/k
Must we review the Good Samaritan laws of this nation, or must we waste judicial time going there.

The reality is that some studies have shown some ways that hydroxychloroquine can be effective, but none of them claims hydroxychloroquine fights COVID-19.
What they say instead is that in later stages of COVID-19 infection, the actual cause of death is from an over activated immune system response. So then hydroxychloroquine can suppress the immune system and help keep the person alive, but that does nothing to stop COVID-19.
Then YOU dont take it, jack ass, but stay out of everyone elses way, beoch.

roflmao, stupid ass ideologue.
He doesn't seem to understand when he is asked for a link, he should provide it. I have a hunch he will be rated in the least effective propagandist in the Democrat Party if he keeps overlooking debate necessities that tell others he's not pulling lies outta his heiny.

This drug has not gone through any of the established testing and vetting protocols of any new drug. The trump administration has a record of ignoring established procedures, rules, and protocols regarding just about every issue. It's willy-nilly government based on anything this lunatic feels like doing, experts be damned. This scofflaw attitude cannot be allowed to dominate government, particularly during a national crisis. We are not supposed to live and die according to this vermin's gut instinct. I've never seen a farce such as this one.

Yeah, that's well stated. You can see how it is even possible that so many guzzle down the snake oil because someone with no pertinent qualifications, and no understanding of he matter, told them to.

Also, the medical community has worked out, over decades, testing and procedures meant to ensure they are actually following, "first, do no harm," as detailed by C4A. That is to say, even earlier than that, "Know what you are doing."

Everyone with a lick of sense in the medical community informs us, they do not know. That is so because the centerpiece of the scientific method - experiments with results that can be reproduced, so as to understand what they are doing, what works and why - is not applied. But the Dear Leader, the Orange dunce, knows better, and Breitbart, that noted medical journal, is on the case, as expected.

As I said previously, that prion disease eating Goober brains is far worse than the coronavirus. The brain is gone, so is whatever critical capacity there might have been, but they just "know" they are right. Because the Orange dunce said so.

I keep seeing people on this site talking about how well hydroxycholorquine is working. Where is this information coming from? I can't seem to find much about it outside of the 2 small studies that were what got it noticed as a possible treatment in the first place.

I have seen a few people saying that it helped them, but nothing about the sort of widespread positive outcomes that posters here appear to be claiming. Does anyone have any sort of articles or research they could post showing that this is working, other than the original French and Chinese studies that kicked this all off?

It would be great if this turns out to be an effective treatment, I just haven't seen anything one way or another to indicate that it is being effective in widespread fashion.
Montrovant, several days ago I read an article on the patients now using hydroxycholorquine, and I got the distinct impression the stuff is like N-Saids are to a headache: HOClQ just works, and people literally walk away well. I've heard nothing to the contrary, except that people waiting too late to take it are taking a quite lethal chance, particularly if they're very old or very immune system-compromised. I don't remember the stats if any, it's just a good way to walk away from the virus well in a few short days. Of course, people are required to stay away from others a good two or three weeks after they are declared "well." IOW, they want to get back to work instead of being 6 ft. under.

Everyone in the medical profession I have talked to said the exact opposite, that hydroxychloroquine is of little practical use.
If you do not have COVID-19 or have a very early case, then by hydroxychloroquine suppressing the immune system, it makes the COVID-19 infection far worse than it would have been without the hydroxychloroquine.
Only if you have an extremely severe case of COVID-19 is it possible that hydroxychloroquine might help a little.
It does 3 things. By suppressing the immune system, it brings down fevers that could be fatal all by themselves. By making cell membranes more permeable, they allow antibiotics to be more effective if the person has come down with bronchial pneumonia, bacterial infection. By making the cell more alkaline, the COVID-19 reproduction is reduced slightly.
If you give hydroxychloroquine to the patient too early, you are making it much more likely they will die.
My sources differ greatly from your unknown ones.
Thousands of Doctors: Yes, Hydroxychloroquine Works Against Wuhan Coronavirus

An international poll of thousands of doctors rated the Trump-touted anti-malaria drug hydroxychloroquine the best treatment for the novel coronavirus.

Of the 6,227 physicians surveyed in 30 countries, 37 percent rated hydroxychloroquine the “most effective therapy” for combating the potentially deadly illness, according to the results released Thursday.

The survey, conducted by the global health care polling company Sermo, also found that 23 percent of medical professionals had prescribed the drug in the US — far less than other countries.

"Outside the US, hydroxychloroquine was equally used for diagnosed patients with mild to severe symptoms whereas in the US it was most commonly used for high risk diagnosed patients,” the survey found.

The medicine was most widely used in Spain, where 72 percent of physicians said they had prescribed it.

This is an international study viewpoint. So do we go with the thousands of doctors who support the use of hydroxychloroquine or do we trust the Democrat Party's unique group after they lied about Trump for 3+ years, impeached him when he was found innocent of their projecting charges in which their leaders actually went after Trump by soliciting Russia for bad stuff on him, which turned out to be a little Faerie Tale written by none other than Hillary Rodham Clinton's former War Room buddies bought and paid for by Mrs. Clinton.

I hope those of you who read this make the right decision on avoiding death if you should succumb to COVID-19. You have both sides stated, and it's too bad there is jealousy and hatred in politics in an election year. We should be on each others' side at this time. :huddle:

My prayers are up for Aemricans. :hands:

Actually, based on the NY Post article that townhall apparently got it's information from, only 2171 doctors were asked which drug was the most effective, and 37%, or 803, said hydroxycholorquine. For comparison, 32% said none.

At this point, it seems like hydroxychloroquine may help some COVID-19 sufferers. It is not safe for everyone; from things I've read, some of the high-risk sufferers may have to take medications already which would react badly with hydroxychloroquine. In those who can safely take the drug combination, however, I don't see a problem giving it to them...so long as it isn't used so much that people with other conditions, who already take the drug, can't get it.

There seems to be a lot of partisan bickering about this drug. Trump supporters on this site appear likely to consider it some sort of miracle treatment, even a cure, and claim it is both being used widely and being successful widely, but rarely provide any evidence of that (thank you for the links, beautress).

Those who don't like Trump on this site appear likely to consider it useless, or oppose giving it even to those in severe distress.

Obviously those are the extremes. It ought not to be a political issue, but on USMB, everything is. :p
I just picked up a recent info blurb at Bing dot com and would like to share it with you, my dear pal Montrovant:

US deaths reach 10,000
Coronavirus deaths in the US have surpassed 10,000, according to tracking numbers from John Hopkins. As of 11:30 a.m. PT Monday, COVID-19 fatalities in the US sat at 10,335 with 347,000 cases nationwide. By comparison, deaths in Italy number 16,523, deaths in Spain are at 13,169, deaths in France number 8,093, deaths in the UK are at 5,383, deaths in Iran are at 3,739 and fatalities in China are at 3,335.

Hydroxycholorquine has pulled the stats down considerably. If the DNC has its way of squelching this product from public use, and I think they're making a heinous mistake by misleading their followers into not taking this helpful assist to survival among Democrats. We're frontline warriors for our fellow Americans of all parties, and we debated well into the evening hours last night. The Democrats are putting ego first and duty last. Bad combo, imho.

Not even death can stop the left from following it's political agenda. We have an actually approved and tested medicine with which to treat the Covid 19 virus that has been in use for decades now!

And because Trump touts it the left falls to ground crying and kicking their feet in a massive tantrum.
Never mind that people have used it to treat the corona virus and attest to it's efficacy.

The childish a-holes on the left object!

Last edited:

OMG!

Of course not.

Female vs male?

What dosage works best? For what age, what weight? Child vs adult?

The drug has been around for 75 years, Care....they kinda have an idea on the dosage and for how long.
Huh?

They know the dosage for covid patients?

They know who it works on and who it doesn't with covid?

They know when the best time is to administer it for covid?

They know how long to keep administering it?

They do NOT know any of those things yet for Covid, meister?
As far as I know they are giving it only to those in CRITICAL CONDITION and little chance of surviving, yet, with it, they are surviving.

OMG!

Of course not.

Female vs male?

What dosage is good? For what age, what weight?

Preliminary tests tell the medical community that it works, and it works well. It would keep a lot of people alive if the DNC would take off its gloves. Sadly, the party importantes disapprove of every little thing President Trump suggests is effective. I just don't know what it takes, because some people down at the bottom of the totem pole have no hope without something that works considerably well to spite the face of death from COVID-19.. The professionals available to President Trump are not fly-by-nights. They're real good medical people who know a winner when their first tests are in and help people if they get the diagnosis soon enough. I love them for their wonderful work. :huddle:

If the Democrats take people's hope away because it hasn't been 40 years in the proof, many who take them on their disgust will die who might well have been saved if they knew the results of the prelims. My prayers are up for the infected people that they do the do and get well very soon. :hands:

I'm curious...

How exactly is the DNC preventing the drug from being dispensed?
Through common hate of anything and everything President Trump supports due to his research and decisiveness. Hate is a truly lethal commodity in fighting this coronavirus disease-19, and the Democrats need to get a perspective, as they have none.

So if the DNC hated my doctor, my pharmacist, etc.... my doctor or pharmacist wouldn't treat me?

Honestly...your response was complete bullshit. Hate doesn't prevent the President from doing anything. Otherwise he wouldn't have looted the treasury to pay for a wall, be keeping kids in tiny cages, not giving the kids soap and toothpaste, banging adult film stars and paying them hush money.

Or any of the other 400 things the grotesque whoremonger you worship did.

For someone in critical condition, go for it. Couldn't hurt. Probably.

But it still needs to be researched more, for this virus, before it's prescribed to everyone.
Lol they are taking it to avoid that point, doctor’s in the Er are taking it healthy.. stop watching fake news

No they are not.
There is not a single doctor that has ever said Hydroxychloroquinine works against any virus.
The most anyone can says is that Hydroxychloroquinine is useful to reduce a potentially fatal, over active immune system response.

Forum List

Back