So, Do Democrats REALLY Oppose HydroxyChloroquine Only Because Trump Supports Using It? Seems So.....

Can Hydroxychloroquine save lives?

• No, it is snake oil

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Yes, and the goobermint should not intrude on doctor patient choices

Votes: 25 83.3%
  • I dunno, whose playing tonight?

Votes: 3 10.0%

• Total voters
Did you read his post that I responded to? It most certainly was not limited to COVID-19.

Even sticking with that subject, I’ve seen video of Cuomo downplaying the severity of the virus before NewYork was really hard hit, if you want blame to place on the other ‘side’

I agree that hydroxychloroquine needs to be further tested as a possible treatment for COVID-19. I find the aggressive support for it as some sort of cure worse than the tone of dismissal some have presented about it.That doesn’t mean that people’s reactions to the possibility of its use as a treatment aren’t informed by their political biases, particularly on this site, where every subject tends to be.:p

Ah, LL was squeezing in terrorists. So, I was wrong about that. BTW, it's still not wrong on everything.

You've seen a video, Cuomo downplaying the coronavirus. When did that happen? For all I have seen is rightards going on a witch-hunt, targeting Chinatown, before there even was the first confirmed case in New York, and folks with some decency objecting. And, months later, some rightards dig up the "videos" supposedly confirming... something. Did you fall for such a hamfisted plot?

And now we know, all are motivated in every statement by their political biases, because you've determined everyone's reactions are "informed by their political biases", and on "every subject". Did I get that right? Presumably, that is true for everyone except for you, right?

These are some of the comments. Unfortunately it's not all of them, because I believe in the video I saw he also said something like those at high risk should be isolated, while healthy people should just be careful.

This is from March 2. And I don't think Reuters is a "rightard" source.

Here's some of the comments quoted on a NY news site: Gov. Cuomo’s Finest Moment | Yonkers Times
So, saying covid has MORE THAN TWICE the mortality rate of the flu, is reassuring???

No, saying "the reality is reassuring" is reassuring. Implying the 1.4% mortality rate is exaggerated, as he did, is reassuring. He clearly was trying to make it seem as if the virus was not that big a problem. Did you watch the short video? Read the quoted transcripts? Sheesh.

Now, I hope he was simply trying to keep people from panicking, but he was absolutely downplaying the severity of COVID-19.

This is just unbelievable, but Democrats are slamming on the use of Hydroxychloroquine merely because Trump recommends it, and of course ORANGE MAN BAD!

So The goobernor of Mitchagain and New Yahk restrict the patient doctor relationship to only using it in a hospital setting?

OMG!

Will this wake black voters up about the Dimocrat Death Party (of Abortion) and its very evil core nature?

Of course not.
We do not oppose it. We believe it needs proper trials on its efficacy.

Who does it work best on? 40-50 year olds, 60-70 year olds?

Female vs male?

At what time during the disease...before you're really sick, after you are sick, but before put on a ventilator?

What dosage works best? For what age, what weight? Child vs adult?

Like every other drug, we need to know these things...

Just like we are doing with all the other drugs created by our best and brightest scientists out there now, to combat the disease that are going thru trials, that are showing even greater promise than this drug for malaria....
The drug has been around for 75 years, Care....they kinda have an idea on the dosage and for how long.

I took that stuff my 2d tour in Vietnam. We experienced the side effect of getting infection of minor cuts and scratches. I got my nose scratched on a thorn bush and two days later my nose was swelled three times it's size. I had to go back to base camp for 3 days of treatment. The doctors claimed later that my team was eating way too many pineapples and the citric acid in them was the catalyst for infection.
I’m glad to hear that you are okay. That was years and years ago. What if you don’t know that you have underlying sickness that you are not aware? Like heart or ulcer. They are now selling this medication on EBay ( good lord). Take one or 2 of this meds. What do you think will happen?

I wouldn't take anything that's not prescribed. The malaria pills we took in Vietnam were mandated by the DOD. I never had malaria.

So, saying covid has MORE THAN TWICE the mortality rate of the flu, is reassuring???
No, saying "the reality is reassuring" is reassuring. Implying the 1.4% mortality rate is exaggerated, as he did, is reassuring. He clearly was trying to make it seem as if the virus was not that big a problem. Did you watch the short video? Read the quoted transcripts? Sheesh.
Now, I hope he was simply trying to keep people from panicking, but he was absolutely downplaying the severity of COVID-19.
We are heading toward a shallow reef with our ship of state, but we see it and the rudder is moving the ship around so we can avoid it.

Unless we do something stupid and change our heading, we should do fine.

I am impressed with Cuomo's handling of this pandemic and his cooperation with the Trump administration and find this to be very reassuring, as I do Trump's policies.

Now we need to gauge how fast, where and what means we use to come out of this lockdown and get back to a normal economy.

A frozen economy causes suicides, drug overdoses and domestic violence to rise, of which we have tens of thousands of cases every year, and is as lethal as a controlled pandemic itself.

They know the dosage for covid patients?
COVID19 is a minor varient of SARS, so yes, they do know, as they say, close enough for goobermint work.
Was Hydroxychlorozine used on SARS patients? I thought it was used for Malaria, Lupus, and Rheumatoid Arthritis?
Yes, it was tested and found effective, but not in lab rats, lol..

Hydroxychloroquine has been studied as a possible antiviral for approximately the past 40 years, says Richman. The mechanism of action is not entirely clear, but it is known to decrease the acidity in endosomes, which might prevent the endosome from releasing the virus into the cytoplasm.
Hydroxychloroquine has shown activity in vitro against many viruses, including influenza and coronaviruses, but that has largely failed to translate into success in either animals or humans. In 2005, the drug showed in vitro activity against SARS-CoV, which is closely related to the current pandemic virus, but it failed to decrease viral load in mice, and clinical interest drifted away, says Christopher Tignanelli, a surgeon at the University of Minnesota in Minneapolis, who is involved in clinical trials of COVID-19 treatments.
“There is not a huge amount of pre-clinical data for this drug,” says Tignanelli. “It's mostly test-tube and anecdote.”

I think this might be one of those inter-species thingies where something works on most species, but not mice and then gets shelved.

Lab rats do not equate to hum an beings, and, IMO, should not be used to measure efficacy but only safety.

If something kills rats, then dont promote it. But a lack of a positive result in mice does not mean it cant work in humans.

Over 14,000 Lupus and arthritic patients in the New York area have been taking Hydroxyxchloroquine for their ailments and NOT A SINGLE ONE has developed COVID19 symptoms.

Why?

Why? That is not true Jim. Lupus.org will tell you Trump ( April 4 ) is very wrong.

There are 110 validated patients with lupus that are infected with CV

If you have lupus, you’re at higher risk for infections like the coronavirus, also known as COVID-19. Some people with lupus may also be at risk for more serious complications from catching the coronavirus.

This is just unbelievable, but Democrats are slamming on the use of Hydroxychloroquine merely because Trump recommends it, and of course ORANGE MAN BAD!

So The goobernor of Mitchagain and New Yahk restrict the patient doctor relationship to only using it in a hospital setting?

OMG!

Will this wake black voters up about the Dimocrat Death Party (of Abortion) and its very evil core nature?

Of course not.

Female vs male?

At what time during the disease...before you're really sick, after you are sick, but before put on a ventilator?

What dosage works best? For what age, what weight? Child vs adult?

Just like we are doing with all the other drugs created by our best and brightest scientists out there now, to combat the disease that are going thru trials, that are showing even greater promise than this drug for malaria....
The drug has been around for 75 years, Care....they kinda have an idea on the dosage and for how long.

I took that stuff my 2d tour in Vietnam. We experienced the side effect of getting infection of minor cuts and scratches. I got my nose scratched on a thorn bush and two days later my nose was swelled three times it's size. I had to go back to base camp for 3 days of treatment. The doctors claimed later that my team was eating way too many pineapples and the citric acid in them was the catalyst for infection.
I’m glad to hear that you are okay. That was years and years ago. What if you don’t know that you have underlying sickness that you are not aware? Like heart or ulcer. They are now selling this medication on EBay ( good lord). Take one or 2 of this meds. What do you think will happen?

I wouldn't take anything that's not prescribed. The malaria pills we took in Vietnam were mandated by the DOD. I never had malaria.
Oh I believe you. People with common sense. Do you think those people that are buying from eBay will consult doctors?

I keep seeing people on this site talking about how well hydroxycholorquine is working. Where is this information coming from? I can't seem to find much about it outside of the 2 small studies that were what got it noticed as a possible treatment in the first place.

I have seen a few people saying that it helped them, but nothing about the sort of widespread positive outcomes that posters here appear to be claiming. Does anyone have any sort of articles or research they could post showing that this is working, other than the original French and Chinese studies that kicked this all off?

It would be great if this turns out to be an effective treatment, I just haven't seen anything one way or another to indicate that it is being effective in widespread fashion.
Montrovant, several days ago I read an article on the patients now using hydroxycholorquine, and I got the distinct impression the stuff is like N-Saids are to a headache: HOClQ just works, and people literally walk away well. I've heard nothing to the contrary, except that people waiting too late to take it are taking a quite lethal chance, particularly if they're very old or very immune system-compromised. I don't remember the stats if any, it's just a good way to walk away from the virus well in a few short days. Of course, people are required to stay away from others a good two or three weeks after they are declared "well." IOW, they want to get back to work instead of being 6 ft. under.

True we heard that many times. Taking regular anti biotic also went away. Taking tamiflu also went away.
That is because CV has not really taken any infections. Test + of CV doesn’t mean you are fully infected.
This what/where all these doctors are tell you....

I keep seeing people on this site talking about how well hydroxycholorquine is working. Where is this information coming from? I can't seem to find much about it outside of the 2 small studies that were what got it noticed as a possible treatment in the first place.

I have seen a few people saying that it helped them, but nothing about the sort of widespread positive outcomes that posters here appear to be claiming. Does anyone have any sort of articles or research they could post showing that this is working, other than the original French and Chinese studies that kicked this all off?

It would be great if this turns out to be an effective treatment, I just haven't seen anything one way or another to indicate that it is being effective in widespread fashion.
Montrovant, several days ago I read an article on the patients now using hydroxycholorquine, and I got the distinct impression the stuff is like N-Saids are to a headache: HOClQ just works, and people literally walk away well. I've heard nothing to the contrary, except that people waiting too late to take it are taking a quite lethal chance, particularly if they're very old or very immune system-compromised. I don't remember the stats if any, it's just a good way to walk away from the virus well in a few short days. Of course, people are required to stay away from others a good two or three weeks after they are declared "well." IOW, they want to get back to work instead of being 6 ft. under.

Everyone in the medical profession I have talked to said the exact opposite, that hydroxychloroquine is of little practical use.
If you do not have COVID-19 or have a very early case, then by hydroxychloroquine suppressing the immune system, it makes the COVID-19 infection far worse than it would have been without the hydroxychloroquine.
Only if you have an extremely severe case of COVID-19 is it possible that hydroxychloroquine might help a little.
It does 3 things. By suppressing the immune system, it brings down fevers that could be fatal all by themselves. By making cell membranes more permeable, they allow antibiotics to be more effective if the person has come down with bronchial pneumonia, bacterial infection. By making the cell more alkaline, the COVID-19 reproduction is reduced slightly.
If you give hydroxychloroquine to the patient too early, you are making it much more likely they will die.
My sources differ greatly from your unknown ones.
Thousands of Doctors: Yes, Hydroxychloroquine Works Against Wuhan Coronavirus

An international poll of thousands of doctors rated the Trump-touted anti-malaria drug hydroxychloroquine the best treatment for the novel coronavirus.

Of the 6,227 physicians surveyed in 30 countries, 37 percent rated hydroxychloroquine the “most effective therapy” for combating the potentially deadly illness, according to the results released Thursday.

The survey, conducted by the global health care polling company Sermo, also found that 23 percent of medical professionals had prescribed the drug in the US — far less than other countries.

"Outside the US, hydroxychloroquine was equally used for diagnosed patients with mild to severe symptoms whereas in the US it was most commonly used for high risk diagnosed patients,” the survey found.

The medicine was most widely used in Spain, where 72 percent of physicians said they had prescribed it.

This is an international study viewpoint. So do we go with the thousands of doctors who support the use of hydroxychloroquine or do we trust the Democrat Party's unique group after they lied about Trump for 3+ years, impeached him when he was found innocent of their projecting charges in which their leaders actually went after Trump by soliciting Russia for bad stuff on him, which turned out to be a little Faerie Tale written by none other than Hillary Rodham Clinton's former War Room buddies bought and paid for by Mrs. Clinton.

I hope those of you who read this make the right decision on avoiding death if you should succumb to COVID-19. You have both sides stated, and it's too bad there is jealousy and hatred in politics in an election year. We should be on each others' side at this time. :huddle:

My prayers are up for Aemricans. :hands:

I read the first doctor from your link Dr. Carrdillo. From there I stop. He said he treated patient that are VERY VERY ill with in 8 to 12 hours symptom free....... That is just pure BALONEY.

What is very very ill? Lots of people has CV doesn’t have any symptoms. How many patients did he treated? Mario Cuomo infected with CV considered as very ill. Not very very ill. Rocko’s ( member here ) mom is very ill. Not very very ill. Otherwise they are in ICU.

VERY VERY ill required hospitalization and should not be able to walk her/him self to an URGENT care.

OMG!

Of course not.

Female vs male?

What dosage is good? For what age, what weight?

Preliminary tests tell the medical community that it works, and it works well. It would keep a lot of people alive if the DNC would take off its gloves. Sadly, the party importantes disapprove of every little thing President Trump suggests is effective. I just don't know what it takes, because some people down at the bottom of the totem pole have no hope without something that works considerably well to spite the face of death from COVID-19.. The professionals available to President Trump are not fly-by-nights. They're real good medical people who know a winner when their first tests are in and help people if they get the diagnosis soon enough. I love them for their wonderful work. :huddle:

If the Democrats take people's hope away because it hasn't been 40 years in the proof, many who take them on their disgust will die who might well have been saved if they knew the results of the prelims. My prayers are up for the infected people that they do the do and get well very soon. :hands:
Questions?
1. Why do you need the Democrats blessings to take this med? No one is stopping you. You are welcome to take it.

2 What is all these bickering when chloroquine is now being used on all stages with people infected with CV? What is the problem?

3. Are you going to trust your life NOW with Trump and Fox because you like what he is telling you? ???

4. Why is it that the doctors and other groups that you and other posted about success in treating CV is incomplete and just willy nilly they are treated and they are okay. I read a loooot of these.

Forum List

Back