So deciding what Car I should get next..

Tom Clancy

Clancy for Ron Paul
May 23, 2009
North Carolina.
Ok.. So i know there are some folks here at USMB who know quite a lot about Cars and would help me out here..

Anyways, I've had my Truck for some time now.. (GMC Canyon, 2WD, 5L SLE, '05)

And i've been thinking of selling it and getting a Muscle Car..

--

Good idea? Or just get a newer Truck?

--

If you think i should get a Muscle Car, which one is your favorite?

I know the '71 Plymouth is a beauty..

Any suggestions?

MMMMM......if you're gonna go for a muscle car....it would be a tie between

Mustang 2010
newmustang27.jpg

and

Pontiac GTO 2010
SS-2010-Pontiac-GTO.jpg

haha I forgot to add.. A Muscle car in my Budget. :p

If you have to *add that disclaimer*, then you can't afford a muscle car at all.

Stop drooling and get back to reality. ;) :lol: :funnyface:

Oh but I can! I'm talking about the Classic American Cars. :razz:

We need more information before we can provide good advice.... Muscle Cars are fine - if you're young enough to drive one. :lol::lol: Also, they look stupid with baby seats in 'em. So, married with kids, stick to grown up cars.

haha I forgot to add.. A Muscle car in my Budget. :p

If you have to *add that disclaimer*, then you can't afford a muscle car at all.

What's more "Classic American muscle car" than a Ford Mustang or a Pontiac GTO? :eusa_think:

Although, I think the GTO is now made by Holden in Australia (I could be wrong, but I recall seeing something like that in the news some time back here.

At any rate....if you have to ask the price tag, you can't afford it. :lol: :eusa_whistle:

We need more information before we can provide good advice.... Muscle Cars are fine - if you're young enough to drive one. :lol::lol: Also, they look stupid with baby seats in 'em. So, married with kids, stick to grown up cars.

Yeah, muscle cars look stupid with car seats in them. Except in ONE case....

When it's the GRANDMA/GRANDPA driving around in the muscle car and the car seats belong to the grandkids. The way I see it....the Grandparents have paid their dues. They've EARNED the right to drive around in a muscle car with car seats, and NOT look stupid at all.

My Mom has a Mustang GT. She's had one of various different years, colors, models and body styles since 1990. First grandbabies arrived in 1995 (twins). Car seats went in the back when they were about 4 months old and stayed until the next grandbaby was born. Last grandbaby was born in 2001. Booster seat was removed a few years ago and now her latest mustang looks like a Senior drives it (and I don't mean a Senior in HS). :D

True.. Well.. It's latenight, i'll post more info in the morning. :) And I'm 18.. so No kids yet :p

What's more "Classic American muscle car" than a Ford Mustang or a Pontiac GTO? :eusa_think:

Although, I think the GTO is now made by Holden in Australia (I could be wrong, but I recall seeing something like that in the news some time back here.

At any rate....if you have to ask the price tag, you can't afford it. :lol: :eusa_whistle:

Well I'm talking about a Classic Muscle Car.. :cool:

like..

:cool:

mump_0810_01_z+1967_mustang_fastback+front_view.jpg

Last edited:

True.. Well.. It's latenight, i'll post more info in the morning. :) And I'm 18.. so No kids yet :p

Well I'm talking a Classic Muscle Car.. :cool:

like..

18? Definitely go for the muscle car.

Mustang 2010
newmustang27.jpg

and

Pontiac GTO 2010
SS-2010-Pontiac-GTO.jpg

Those aren't muscle cars. Those are "I'm getting too old, and trying desperately to hold on to my youth, so I'll buy one of these things that will make me look cooler" cars.

Mustang 2010
newmustang27.jpg

and

Pontiac GTO 2010
SS-2010-Pontiac-GTO.jpg

My first car, 1969 Mustang, 351! Way too much car for 16 year old. (Yes, it was used, by a few years). :lol:

Well I'm talking about a Classic Muscle Car.. :cool:

like..

Ooooo, that looks very much like my first car, but it was red. Very front heavy, but so cool! Drive carefully. :lol:

God, mustangs are so fucking gay.

By the way, a real muscle car is from the muscle car era. The 60's and early 70's.

You want a muscle car?

70%20chevelle%20ss%20(1).JPG

1970 Chevelle Super sport.

I don't like those rims though. I only like Corvette Rallies

rally-wheel-blog-large.jpg

God, mustangs are so fucking gay.

By the way, a real muscle car is from the muscle car era. The 60's and early 70's.

You want a muscle car?

70%20chevelle%20ss%20(1).JPG

1970 Chevelle Super sport.

I don't like those rims though. I only like Corvette Rallies

rally-wheel-blog-large.jpg

That's a GOAT, only with the Chevy name/tags on it. :eusa_hand: :funnyface:

Granted, it's a darned good looking machine, but funny how they do that and are allowed to get away with it. :eusa_eh:

When we were in high school (1975-1981), my older brother had a 1966 Chevy II SS two door (which was relatively rare to find way back then, even more so now). He had it all jacked up with a big block engine, racing suspension and rear end, nitrous oxide, dual 4 barrel carbs, bada bada bing, yada yada yip....etc. Stupid dork sold/traded his car for a very expensive rifle and instantly regretted his decision. He royally pissed our Dad off when he did that.....it took Dad 6 months to find the damned car and buy it in the first place.

Ever since, my brother has been on a quest to find his car and buy it back. At one point, I really thought I'd located it while I was on a road trip from Houston to Atlanta. Followed the driver of the car to a rest stop, waited to speak to him after he visited the boys room. I told him the story and he was fascinated. He allowed me to take pictures of the engine, VIN, etc etc, which I e-mailed to my father and brother as soon as I got home and off the road.

After digging through all the paperwork my father and brother owned, on every car they've ever owned, it they decided that this car was probably not my brother's old car. Dayam. What a heartbreaker. :(

Forum List

Back