So Conservatives: How will we come out on top?

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
Guys, we all know the loser liberals cannot be us in the game of life. We'll always be richer, happier, have hotter women and cooler dogs. So, now is the time to figure out how we'll work this new system to our advantage and prosper- while the liberals suck furiously on their new government nipple. Lets share some ideas!

How? Get rid of anybody who isn't in favor of Cutting Spending and size of Gov.

Also..

HC Reform aint the end of the World..

Nothing we can do right now..

One thing I am Happy about is that there isn't a Public Option.

Look on the Bright side.

I can give you hotter chicks, thus I was nailing conservatives lately, but happier? You've gotta be the most paranoid people I've ever met.

Guys, we all know the loser liberals cannot be us in the game of life. We'll always be richer, happier, have hotter women and cooler dogs. So, now is the time to figure out how we'll work this new system to our advantage and prosper- while the liberals suck furiously on their new government nipple. Lets share some ideas!

On the bright side... If you're an employer, your insurance costs just DECREASED to $750.00 per person. :eusa_whistle:

On the bright side... If you're an employer, your insurance costs just DECREASED to $750.00 per person. :eusa_whistle:

Is that a year or a monthly cost--:lol::lol: I imagine we will see many more lay-offs coming. Employers will cut back on part time employees as soon as possible.

QUESTION--the 8% additional payroll tax. Will it be paid solely paid by the employer or will it be split between employee/employer? Anyone know?

Is that a year or a monthly cost--:lol::lol: I imagine we will see many more lay-offs coming. Employers will cut back on part time employees as soon as possible.

QUESTION--the 8% additional payroll tax. Will it be paid solely paid by the employer or will it be split between employee/employer? Anyone know?

I'm not certain but I think the 8% was in the House bill. The senate bill, which is what was passed, I think is $750.00 per each employee as long as it's being paid on all of them.

Good for you..

My only question is why are you guys so bitchy all the time?

Maybe sell short insurance companies because I don't think they are long for this world.

I imagine we will see a sell-off in that industry tomorrow.

I would think that anyone with any investment savvy would have been out of the health insurance stocks months ago and have already had a handy portfolio of put options.

If they waited for this bill to pass, they waited too long.

Immie

Siebelius said on the tube this morning that small business would pay more taxes,, it's a job killer.

Good for you..

My only question is why are you guys so bitchy all the time?
Because they KNOW they are always lying when they boast.

RealClearPolitics - Articles - Conservatives More Liberal Givers
March 27, 2008
Conservatives More Liberal Givers
By George Will

Although liberal families' incomes average 6 percent higher than those of conservative families, conservative-headed households give, on average, 30 percent more to charity than the average liberal-headed household ($1,600 per year vs. $1,227).

Maybe sell short insurance companies because I don't think they are long for this world.

I imagine we will see a sell-off in that industry tomorrow.

I would think that anyone with any investment savvy would have been out of the health insurance stocks months ago and have already had a handy portfolio of put options.

If they waited for this bill to pass, they waited too long.

Immie

I guess neither of you have 'investment saavy'.

Seeing Public Subsidy (Not Public Option) Investors Flock to Health Insurers
First Posted: 12-21-09 03:54 PM | Updated: 12-21-09 05:28 PM

digg Huffpost - stumble reddit del.ico.us
diggs
digg5682,889
views6,442Business News
Investors are seeing the Senate's version of health care reform as a massive public subsidy for insurance companies -- and as a result, are sending the sector's stock prices shooting up, up, up. Stripped of a government-run insurance plan, the bill would give tens of millions of Americans no option but to start paying hefty premiums to private companies.

The rise in stock prices has been particularly striking in the period since Sen. Joe Lieberman (I-Conn.) said on October 27 that he would filibuster a Senate health care reform bill if it included a public option - a threat that caused Senate leaders to cave without much of a fight.

Here's a quick breakdown of major health insurance company stock performance from Oct. 27 to Friday's market close:

Coventry Health Care, Inc. is up 31.6 percent;

CIGNA Corp. is up 29.1 percent;

Aetna Inc. is up 27.1 percent;

WellPoint, Inc. is up 26.6 percent;

UnitedHealth Group Inc. is up 20.5 percent;

Health care stocks mostly gain after reform bill passes - Mar. 22, 2010

Late Sunday night the House passed the bill, which extends coverage to 32 million uninsured Americans and will cost an estimated $940 billion over the next decade

Hospital operators, including Tenet Health Care (THC, Fortune 500) and Health Management Associations (HMA), led the advance, surging about 8%. Community Health Systems (CYH, Fortune 500) and Lifepoint Hospitals (LPNT) added more than 4%.

"I think a lot of the pick up in hospital companies is that fact that a lot more bodies will be going through them," said Cameron Scrivens, portfolio manager at RBC Asset Management in Toronto. (Health Management Association accounts for 3.4% of RBC's Global Health Sciences Fund assets, while Tenet accounts for 2.9%.)

So Conservatives: How will we come out on top?

Better:

"How will the country come out on top?"

Guess you guys never thought of that, huh?

rdean, be little more Realistic..

Give it time, then come back.. Don't start saying it's going to work..

Just like I admitted and corrected myself before that it's too early too tell.. I'm not making a big deal about it either..

If it works, Good.

If it doesn't, Fix it.

Health care stocks mostly gain after reform bill passes - Mar. 22, 2010

Late Sunday night the House passed the bill, which extends coverage to 32 million uninsured Americans and will cost an estimated $940 billion over the next decade

Hospital operators, including Tenet Health Care (THC, Fortune 500) and Health Management Associations (HMA), led the advance, surging about 8%. Community Health Systems (CYH, Fortune 500) and Lifepoint Hospitals (LPNT) added more than 4%.

"I think a lot of the pick up in hospital companies is that fact that a lot more bodies will be going through them," said Cameron Scrivens, portfolio manager at RBC Asset Management in Toronto. (Health Management Association accounts for 3.4% of RBC's Global Health Sciences Fund assets, while Tenet accounts for 2.9%.)

Those are hospitals, not insurance companies.

I have not checked the market on insurers today although I notice that the market is up at the moment. I note your earlier post about increase in insurer prices too. We shall see what the long term effects are. Without the public option, I don't think it will be as bad as it could have been.

Something that I am concerned about in regards to the insurance companies is that businesses will cease offering the health insurance benefits and let the government handle it. Will that mean that private insurers will lose business?

I'm not seeing any ideas from the GOP on this!

This is not something that should be handled in one fell swoop. Plenty of conservatives have given their ideas. In fact, according to one Democrat who I just saw on Fox this morning, 218 Republican offered amendments were included in the final bill. There have been GOP ideas, but they have all been enveloped as part of the Democratic Glory.

We needed reform and we needed it soon. I don't disagree with that. In fact, we needed it decades ago.

It concerns me how this was done and the fact that no one even knows what the bill actually says.

Immie

Last edited:

Forum List

Back