So... Calexit

Pedro de San Patricio

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2015
California
As a non-California citizen it sounds like a fucking great idea. I'm in this state another week and hearing it might stop being part of the US was even happier news for me than it was for the actual residents, who are to the point of rioting over still being here. If it doesn't work out for some reason could the other 49 states hold their own vote to force the issue?

I would love for California to secede. Democrats Would have a much tougher time. Think about it, if Californy wasn't in the union Trump would have won by over 100 electoral votes, and the popular vote by over a million. Where can I send money for the cause?

As a non-California citizen it sounds like a fucking great idea. I'm in this state another week and hearing it might stop being part of the US was even happier news for me than it was for the actual residents, who are to the point of rioting over still being here. If it doesn't work out for some reason could the other 49 states hold their own vote to force the issue?

For any state to leave the union or for most states to break up the union most of them would have to want to do it. If California does get the ball rolling there will certainly be other blue states that would join the movement. The blue states are the wealthy states and the red states are a drain on them, so blue states would benefit the most by far. And, since a number of red state have already said they want to secede there is a real possibility to get this done. A ballot referendum is being drawn up in California already and will be on the ballot in the next 2-3 years.

And really it's time. There will be a civil war at some point either way, better to just let the red states go off on their own and form their religious Caliphate of poor states and be happy.

Then the rest of us won't have to worry about any backwards hillbillies getting elected and try to impose teaching the bible in school, or using state funds to build an ark amusement park. Time to break it up and everyone can be happy.

For any state to leave the union or for most states to break up the union most of them would have to want to do it. If California does get the ball rolling there will certainly be other blue states that would join the movement. The blue states are the wealthy states and the red states are a drain on them, so blue states would benefit the most by far. And, since a number of red state have already said they want to secede there is a real possibility to get this done. A ballot referendum is being drawn up in California already and will be on the ballot in the next 2-3 years.

And really it's time. There will be a civil war at some point either way, better to just let the red states go off on their own and form their religious Caliphate of poor states and be happy.

Then the rest of us won't have to worry about any backwards hillbillies getting elected and try to impose teaching the bible in school, or using state funds to build an ark amusement park. Time to break it up and everyone can be happy.

Spoken like a true far left drone!

The far left religious dogma is strong with this one!

Notice, not one single word of criticism or counter argument. Very telling.

I'm pretty sure it would at least have to go through Congress and the Supreme Court.

If the other states would also have to vote by referendum, or the state assemblies have to vote, it would be even more complicated.

Slim chances of it happening in the near future.

You said better to let the red states go off, it's Californy who will be going off on their own. It will never happen once they put a pen to it and do a cost benefit analysis. US gov has a lot of interest in CA in military bases, it is too strategic to allow them to leave. It's a cute and fun idea, but it's a fantasy.

I've been wanting to cut CA loose for years, they're so far from the rest of the US in their "progression" it's not even funny. The Feds shut down a number of installations up here in 2010; most notably Kulis AFB, they also shut down, restructured, and combined Elemendorf AFB and Fort Rich [ARMY/NatGuard] - so we now have only JBER. (Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson)

Related Facts:
There are 32 military installations in CA (includes Coast Guard - Alameda.) Of those only 1 or 2 have "permanent" assets that would be a "loss" to the USA. $150m goes to the military budget in CA.

California has a nearly TRILLION DOLLAR DEBT.

Their SPENDING is DOUBLE their tax collections.

What an economic NIGHTMARE!

I have NO PROBLEM with them seceding.

California
Total spending (state and federal funds):
$252.6 billion (estimated for 2015)
Per capita spending:
$6,451.68 (estimated for 2015)
Total state tax collections:
$138.1 billion (2014)
Per capita tax collections:
$3,559.21 (2014)
State debt:
$778 billion (as of 2014)
Per capita state debt:
$20,449 (as of 2014)

Well I guess American federal laws don't allow a single State to leave the USA...
But I'm not so erudite in American Constitution so I could be wrong :)

The red states are a financial boat anchor on the blue states. And many red states have already said they want to secede.

The old saying "as goes California so goes the nation" is still true. If CA votes to become a sovereign nation there will be many other blue states that will want to join this exodus. You people in red states this is your chance to have what you have always wanted, a Kristian Caliphate. You can reclaim the old Confederacy complete with the Confederate flag and be able to force Christianity on everyone in your new country. You won't have to ever hear on a radio program or Faux News how miserable 'libruls' make you. You'll be free.

It is time. Let's all get behind dissolving the union and creating three or four new smaller countries where the various interests can concentrate and be happy. Everyone wins all the way around. The only drawback for the red states, as noted above, is they are the poor states and the new Confederacy will have a small weak economy. But so what, the economy of the entire Confederacy was only 1/4 of the economy of New York state 150 years ago and those folks seemed happy in their station.

So we're with you now, let's dissolve the union and the Confederacy can rise again. Isn't that what you want?

You said better to let the red states go off, it's Californy who will be going off on their own. It will never happen once they put a pen to it and do a cost benefit analysis. US gov has a lot of interest in CA in military bases, it is too strategic to allow them to leave. It's a cute and fun idea, but it's a fantasy.
Does it really matter? This is our chance to get rid of them. We should be fully supporting their bid for independence and preparing our own case to evict them should it fail.

He is the idiots idiot....

California can't leave quick enough....

Abe Lincoln and the US Civil War already settled this.

I pointed this out when Texans were talking about it.

It is still true even now that the GOP has gotten control back of the whole Federal Government again.

Everyone is stuck here. Nobody can exit.

Virginia, South Carolina, and Georgia tried it once and got burned to the ground.

Well I guess American federal laws don't allow a single State to leave the USA...
Gen/Pres U.S. Grant best explained it in the appendix to his Memoirs.

You can get a copy at your local bookstore and check it out.

Gen/Pres U.S. Grant best explained it in the appendix to his Memoirs.

You can get a copy at your local bookstore and check it out.
Thanks for the info yiostheoy :)
But I live in Vietnam I don't think we have Ulysses Grant's book here.
I'll try to find it here on Internet :bye1:

Forum List

Back