So, Anybody Here Still Carve Pumpkins?

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
Easter Island (USA)
I do even though I'm not a Leonardo Da Vinci with it lol! The reason I'm asking is for two reasons. The first reason is that I'm doing mine tomorrow and I'm going to do two because they were cheap this year. The second reason is for my virtual spooktactular Halloween party on Sunday night (starting eight pm et) I'm having a virtual pumpkin carving contest, so if you guys and gals want to go ahead and enter, the pumpkin (or pumpkins if you have more than one like me) with the most likes wins USMB's most spooktactular pumpkin of the year. :D

I do even though I'm not a Leonardo Da Vinci with it lol! The reason I'm asking is for two reasons. The first reason is that I'm doing mine tomorrow and I'm going to do two because they were cheap this year. The second reason is for my virtual spooktactular Halloween party on Sunday night (starting eight pm et) I'm having a virtual pumpkin carving contest, so if you guys and gals want to go ahead and enter, the pumpkin (or pumpkins if you have more than one like me) with the most likes wins USMB's most spooktactular pumpkin of the year. :D
1635459688843.png

I used to.....but kids here don't trick or treat anymore.....so there's no point.

I used to.....but kids here don't trick or treat anymore.....so there's no point.
We used to turn our backyard into a haunted tour every year..until pandemic BS. Tip: those chemical flares..when broken open and contents scatters about..especially on cobwebs..is a great effect~

Not any more ---- but Himself grows a lot for my pumpkin and squash recipes (and let's be candid here, for the sheep in winter --- they get most of them.) So he grew a 75 pounder this year and we gave it to the mom of the beautiful little kids who come over with our neighbor to feed the sheep so often. Everyone was very pleased ----

Especially us, because moving a pumpkin that size is no joke. They put it in a wheelie cart and got it to the car trunk.

Most of them had their parents with them several years ago....now they just have something set up so the kids can stay inside and be watched.....maybe walk 100 yds total to get their treats.
It's better just to buy them a couple snickers and leave it at that.

Poor kids. I used to LOVE trick-or-treating as a kid and that's why I'm going to have a virtual trick-or-treating for the adults at my party on Sunday. I still dress up for the kids though even though we hardly get any trick-or-treaters where we live. I also have fun with my Halloween costume during the month of October. I walk around and have some fun with the neighbors and the neighborhood children, for I can be quite the little devil sometimes. Muhahaha!!! ;)

IMG_20191002_181430.jpg

Poor kids. I used to LOVE trick-or-treating as a kid and that's why I'm going to have a virtual trick-or-treating for the adults at my party on Sunday. I still dress up for the kids though even though we hardly get any trick-or-treaters where we live. I also have fun with my Halloween costume during the month of October. I walk around and have some fun with the neighbors and the neighborhood children, for I can be quite the little devil sometimes. Muhahaha!!! ;)

View attachment 557557
Last Halloween Party I went to I went as The Crow.
I think it was a couple years after I retired from the Army....so I had plenty of hair....and pulled it off quite well.
I didn't bring any guns of course.

You don't just carve them. You gotta slice off the stem part and pretty much scoop out the entrails with your hand. I always hated that part. A simple triangle cut for the eyes and nose and go where ever the knife takes you for the mouth. It's easier to draw a face or just leave the pumpkin intact on the porch or in the yard until it collapses sometime during the winter.

You don't just carve them. You gotta slice off the stem part and pretty much scoop out the entrails with your hand. I always hated that part.
But that's the best way to get the pumpkin seeds out. I don't really like pumpkin pie, but I love crunchy roasted pumpkin seeds. I've been snacking on them all day.

I might be part zombie because I love to eat jack-o-lantern brains.

I haven't done it in years.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. To me, the best carving that I have ever seen is this one. Remember Wilson from the Home Improvement TV show? :D :D :D

Screenshot%20at%202017-07-09%2013-08-38.png

I used to watch that show a long time ago. :)

You don't just carve them. You gotta slice off the stem part and pretty much scoop out the entrails with your hand. I always hated that part. A simple triangle cut for the eyes and nose and go where ever the knife takes you for the mouth. It's easier to draw a face or just leave the pumpkin intact on the porch or in the yard until it collapses sometime during the winter.

Oh come on!! Putting your hands in pumpkin goop is one of the main parts to Halloween lol!! :p
Sigh. Women. I tell ya...

Check-Engine-Light-Blinking-Meaning.jpg

LOL oops silly me, I should have gone with my first instinct when I thought that it was a gas can. :badgrin:
But that's the best way to get the pumpkin seeds out. I don't really like pumpkin pie, but I love crunchy roasted pumpkin seeds. I've been snacking on them all day.

I might be part zombie because I love to eat jack-o-lantern brains.

I like pumpkin seeds too, I think they're yummy. :) Oh and I LOVE pumpkin pie, but without the crust and a great big helping of whipped cream on top. :D

Forum List

Back