Snowden, Putin & the Olympics

• Banned
I wonder how safe Snowden will feel once the Gulags are up and running in Mother Russia. Anyone think Snowden will have access to and post to the world how Putin handles terrorists?

Putin handles terrorists the way Obama handles dissidents. So Snowden is safer in Russia than in the USA where he'd be headed for a Gitmo

• Banned
Putin handles terrorists the way Obama handles dissidents. So Snowden is safer in Russia than in the USA where he'd be headed for a Gitmo

You think? Silly question, of course not. Putin's a nice guy, his regime let two of the Pussy Riot out of the Gulag early even though they committed a terrible crime - praying in song to the Virgin Mary to save Russia from Putin.

Funny that you defend a Commie, and not the President of the United States. I suppose that makes you a patriot in the minds of your echo chamber compatriots.

BTW, Obama made the effort to close Gitmo, the fear mongers on your side of the aisle went all hysterical and blocked The President's effort to open a high security prison and close Gitmo. I doubt they were really afraid, they simply didn't want to provide civilian jobs at the time - it might have helped The President and their efforts to "make him fail".

There is no human right to blow other people up. Putin will do what he needs to, including rounding up those muslims that are dangerous and stopping the financial support for acts of terrorism. Vladimir Putin isn't going to call it workplace violence.

Funny that you defend a Commie, and not the President of the United States. I suppose that makes you a patriot in the minds of your echo chamber compatriots.

The president of the united states is an enemy of the world. He is a slime, he represents all that is evil and ugly. He should never be defended.

I wonder how safe Snowden will feel once the Gulags are up and running in Mother Russia. Anyone think Snowden will have access to and post to the world how Putin handles terrorists?

Putin has likely succeeded where most dictators have failed in the past, where he’s building a repressive police state behind the façade of faux-democracy, with no legal/constitutional institutions in place to check him, and with the consent of the Russian people still living in the fearful social/political paradigm of freedom from, with little desire or understanding of freedom to.

• Banned

Putin has likely succeeded where most dictators have failed in the past, where he’s building a repressive police state behind the façade of faux-democracy, with no legal/constitutional institutions in place to check him, and with the consent of the Russian people still living in the fearful social/political paradigm of freedom from, with little desire or understanding of freedom to.

Very well stated.

The president of the united states is an enemy of the world. He is a slime, he represents all that is evil and ugly. He should never be defended.

You're very lucky you don't live in Russian, such remarks would send you to the Gulag where the Pussy Riot Band Members were detained. Of course they had class and got paroled, you lack any and would still be confined.

Last edited:

You think? Silly question, of course not. Putin's a nice guy, his regime let two of the Pussy Riot out of the Gulag early even though they committed a terrible crime - praying in song to the Virgin Mary to save Russia from Putin.

BTW, Obama made the effort to close Gitmo, the fear mongers on your side of the aisle went all hysterical and blocked The President's effort to open a high security prison and close Gitmo. I doubt they were really afraid, they simply didn't want to provide civilian jobs at the time - it might have helped The President and their efforts to "make him fail".

LOL

Obama made an effort to close Gitmo

LOL

You Obama Worshipers are a fucking riot

LOL

Obama made an effort to close Gitmo

LOL

You Obama Worshipers are a fucking riot

You're an ignoramus and/or a liar. BTW, is a fucking riot more fun or than a run-of-the-mill riot?

As for me being an "Obama Worshiper" that too is bullshit, your special type. Obama should have pushed back on that an many other issues IMO, against the far right and the assholes who lead the GOP in the House and Senate.

Guantanamo Bay: How the White House lost the fight to close it - The Washington Post

You're very lucky you don't live in Russian, such remarks would send you to the Gulag where the Pussy Riot Band Members were detained. Of course they had class and got paroled, you lack any and would still be confined.

Two members of Pussy Riot were paroled for their role in vandalizing a church and calling it art. The leader is in Siberia where she belongs.

Of course with a REAL president, like Putin, I wouldn't say what I said. I do say it about the vermin now crawling over the white house.

Obama has likely succeeded where most dictators have failed in the past, where he's building a repressive police state behind the facade of faux-democracy, with no legal/constitutional institutions in place to check him, and with the consent of the American people still living in the fearful social/political paradigm of freedom from, with little desire or understanding of freedom to.

Interesting, eh?

This makes the ridiculous assumption that Snowden chose to go to Russia, and that he did so on the basis that he believes Russia is some kind of bastion of freedom. Both are erroneous, but the second assumption is a straw-man having nothing to do with reality whatsoever.

Why would Snowden have any access whatsoever to secret Russian government files when he's not a Russian citizen and his asylum expires in less than half a year? This argument doesn't even make sense. Is this going to be the new criticism of Snowden then? When he inevitably does not leak classified Russian documents people will call him a hypocrite, despite the fact that there is no basis on which he would have access to said documents?

This makes the ridiculous assumption that Snowden chose to go to Russia, and that he did so on the basis that he believes Russia is some kind of bastion of freedom. Both are erroneous, but the second assumption is a straw-man having nothing to do with reality whatsoever.

Snowden can leave Russian anytime he pleases, can he not? You're making the assumption Snowden isn't a paid spy for Russia (no, I have no evidence he is, nor do you have any evidence he is not).

Was Snowden kidnapped and brought to Russia in custody? Your assumption is ridiculous, not mine.

Last edited:

Why would Snowden have any access whatsoever to secret Russian government files when he's not a Russian citizen and his asylum expires in less than half a year? This argument doesn't even make sense. Is this going to be the new criticism of Snowden then? When he inevitably does not leak classified Russian documents people will call him a hypocrite, despite the fact that there is no basis on which he would have access to said documents?

And you accuse me of building a Straw Man? Yours is built out of wet straw and in a 70 MPH wind.

I said nothing about secret files. But Snowden might be an easy puppet, manipulated to make Putin look civilized.

Snowden can leave Russian anytime he pleases, can he not? You're making the assumption Snowden isn't a paid spy for Russia (no, I have no evidence he is, nor do you have any evidence he is not).

Was Snowden kidnapped and brought to Russia in custody? Your assumption is ridiculous, not mine.

No, he can't, actually, since his passport was revoked. Which is also the reason he's in Russia to begin with. I also don't have any evidence that you haven't murdered anybody. Should I operate under the assumption that you're a serial killer?

I also note that you didn't bother to address your previous fallacy while coming up with this one.

And you accuse me of building a Straw Man? Yours is built out of wet straw and in a 70 MPH wind.

I said nothing about secret files. But Snowden might be an easy puppet, manipulated to make Putin look civilized.

How is it a straw-man to respond directly to what you said?

"Anyone think Snowden will have access to and post to the world how Putin handles terrorists?"

So I ask again, why would Snowden have access to any of this information, and will you attack him when he inevitably does not release any such information on the Russian government?

Forum List

Back