snopes paid to push propaganda by facebook

And it hasn't worked out too well....

“They’ve essentially used us for crisis PR,” said Brooke Binkowski, former managing editor of Snopes, a factchecking site that has partnered with Facebook for two years. “They’re not taking anything seriously. They are more interested in making themselves look good and passing the buck … They clearly don’t care.”

'They don't care': Facebook factchecking in disarray as journalists push to cut ties

And it hasn't worked out too well....

“They’ve essentially used us for crisis PR,” said Brooke Binkowski, former managing editor of Snopes, a factchecking site that has partnered with Facebook for two years. “They’re not taking anything seriously. They are more interested in making themselves look good and passing the buck … They clearly don’t care.”

'They don't care': Facebook factchecking in disarray as journalists push to cut ties
ok - yep. time to look elsewhere for a social gathering place.

Snopes Paid to Push ‘Propaganda’ by Facebook, Former Editor Reveals

no idea on the background of this site, but wow. *if* true FB is dead. even deader than it is now if that's possible.

better backup all my stuff i value off of there. one day the login screen will have a big padlock on it.
Snopes is an extremist left wing wackjob website... only fucking morons trust snopes
They've been harder on libertarians/ancaps than they've been on republicans...There are even still a slew of alt-right shitposter pages up and running.

no idea on the background of this site, but wow. *if* true FB is dead. even deader than it is now if that's possible.

better backup all my stuff i value off of there. one day the login screen will have a big padlock on it.
If you want to be left alone with your uncorroborated conspiracies, just don’t click any links with further information on the subject
did i mention anything specific?

no.

so you're just doing your usual drive-by-show-off-your-asshole self.

Once upon a time, Snopes was a good site for fact checking!

If you want to be left alone with your uncorroborated conspiracies, just don’t click any links with further information on the subject
Or just go back to ignoring your punk ass.

Snopes is so obviously "Left protecting" no one who wants the whole truth and nothing but the truth would ever source them out on political matters or claims. According to Snopes obama and hillary are both saints.

Read the article that your right wing nutjob link cites.

Needless to say that headline is deceptive- hard to believe that some right wing website would be deceptive- right?

Snopes is so obviously "Left protecting" no one who wants the whole truth and nothing but the truth would ever source them out on political matters or claims. According to Snopes obama and hillary are both saints.

LOL- Snopes has confirmed ugly things about Obama and Hillary- but what you contards despise is that Snopes routinely outs the right wing Fake News promoted by Trump and the rest of the Right.

For you and your ilk- only 'safe' media like Fox and Breitbart ever tell the truth.

I will be glad to take up the challenge of comparing the accuracy of Snopes to say Breitbart or any 'right wing' fact checking site any day.

Everyone gets something wrong- Snopes is no exception. But Snopes is better than most- the people who really despise Snopes are the ones that really despise the truth- and love Trump's "alternative facts'

I will be glad to take up the challenge of comparing the accuracy of Snopes to say Breitbart or any 'right wing' fact checking site any day.

Everyone gets something wrong- Snopes is no exception. But Snopes is better than most- the people who really despise Snopes are the ones that really despise the truth- and love Trump's "alternative facts'
theres a right wing fact checking site?

and since opinions are split we will just dog on the other sites. if nda pointless to compare.

Snopes is a political shill for the left, period. I am not about to prove that to you by typing endlessly. But I will say they made a fool of themselves when some investigation proved that Obama got his social security when he was 13 years old. But it is a Connecticut ss#. At that time, a child of that age had to be present in Connecticut to receive one. Obama never traveled to Connecticut as a boy or teen. The story is damning and Snopes tried to cover it up, except they produced some claims and “facts” that had nothing to do with the history of the sscard Obama got. Oh, well. The public bought it even though the investigators’ rebuttal of Snopes blew holes in their concocted bunk.

Obama could not even remember the hospital he was born in, he changed it later, so Snopes had to scrub the name of the first one, too. They covered for the Nov 2016 murder of a young female journalist (monica peterson) who was down in Haiti investigating child trafficking and the Clinton foundation. The press reported it as a ‘suicide.: Of course. So Snopes tried to exonerate the left or the deep state and their findings were “inconclusive.” In other words, even Snopes did not dare say the claim of a murder was False --- because it was obvious that was a lie.

Here are a few more tidbits from that pillar of the truth: Got 'em.

Last edited:

Snopes is a political shill for the left, period. I am not about to prove that to you by typing endlessly. But I will say they made a fool of themselves when some investigation proved that Obama got his social security when he was 13 years old. But it is a Connecticut ss#. At that time, a child of that age had to be present in Connecticut to receive one. Obama never traveled to Connecticut as a boy or teen. The story is damning and Snopes tried to cover it up, except they produced some claims and “facts” that had nothing to do with the history of the sscard Obama got. Oh, well. The public bought it even though the investigators’ rebuttal of Snopes blew holes in their concocted bunk.

Obama could not even remember the hospital he was born in, he changed it later, so Snopes had to scrub the name of the first one, too. They covered for the Nov 2016 murder of a young female journalist (monica peterson) who was down in Haiti investigating child trafficking and the Clinton foundation. The press reported it as a ‘suicide.: Of course. So Snopes tried to exonerate the left or the deep state and their findings were “inconclusive.” In other words, even Snopes did not dare say the claim of a murder was False --- because it was obvious that was a lie.

Here are a few more tidbits from that pillar of the truth: Got 'em.
oh wow- A birther and someone who believes anything the whacky right wing blogs tells you- of course you despise Snopes- because Snopes repeatedly refutes so many of those conspiracy theories you hold so closely to your heart.

So lets start with the first one- Obama and his social security number. I understand that you will never believe anything other than what some whackjob Dentist/Lawyer/Real Estate Birther has told you(what is Orly doing now?)- but I enjoy slapping down birthers- so here goes.

This is from the Social Security's own website:

The Area Number is assigned by the geographical region. Prior to 1972, cards were issued in local Social Security offices around the country and the Area Number represented the State in which the card was issued. This did not necessarily have to be the State where the applicant lived, since a person could apply for their card in any Social Security office. Since 1972, when SSA began assigning SSNs and issuing cards centrally from Baltimore, the area number assigned has been based on the ZIP code in the mailing address provided on the application for the original Social Security card. The applicant’s mailing address does not have to be the same as their place of residence. Thus, the Area Number does not necessarily represent the State of residence of the applicant, either prior to 1972 or since.

Note: One should not make too much of the “geographical code.” It is not meant to be any kind of useable geographical information.
The numbering scheme was designed in 1936 (before computers) to make it easier for SSA to store the applications in our files in Baltimore since the files were organized by regions as well as alphabetically. It was really just a bookkeeping device for our own internal use and was never intended to be anything more than that.
Social Security History

But hey- you are a Birther- not as if you will believe an official government source rather than something posted in the web by some anonymous Birther!

LOL

Or just go back to ignoring your punk ass.
Lol your thread sucked so you had to reply to my post a second time? :laugh:

Forum List

Back