Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Sep 12, 2008
Conservative party in the UK seems to have lost its 4th Strait election.

And they said John Belushi had self destructive habits.

And why should they be any different in the USA.
The UK is far more socialized than here.
And yet that higher level of socialization did not cause a backlash wave that the cons rode to victory on did it?

There is a 4% swing against Labor. That might just be because Brown is not Blair.

Odd thing is, no gain for the Liberals, and they were supposed to stomp.

It is still early on, they only have 20% of the seats decided so far.

There is a 4% swing against Labor. That might just be because Brown is not Blair.

Odd thing is, no gain for the Liberals, and they were supposed to stomp.

It is still early on, they only have 20% of the seats decided so far.

I heard that the liberal progressives seemd to be picking up the slack.

They seem to be one down right now, rather than substantially up like they were supposed to be.

There is a fourth party but I can't see their Id. I think they are Unionist or something

Ooops, I was misreading the numbers. The fourth party is Scottish Nationalist. They gained one seat. The Liberals have no change so far. Minor vote gain, but it didn't translate into seats yet.

I heard (have not personally verified it) that the Conservatives will gain enough to be able to form a government even short of a majority in their own right.

This means a pro-US CONSERVATIVE P.M. possibly!

:cool:

Special relationships are like all cool and shit!

Go Great Britain. Straighten out the liberoidal mess.

Half the fun of this is the funny names the English give their constituencies. They don't do numbered districts.

One fun fact is that the Conservatives held onto Beaconsfield. It would be a tragedy if they lost that one.

But seriously, Forest of Dean? Great Grimbsy? Holborn & St Pancreas? Mole Valley?(I kid you not!) Down South?!! Pontypridd? Ribble Valley? Sutton and Cheam? Tooting!?? Ynos Mon? Erewash!!?

Forum List

Back