Smart shooter

This could turn average soldier into sniper.

Nice toy but It will never replace training. That thing is so slow, you are going to get hit 3 times while you are allowing it to aim for you. And it is only good for static targets. The crap that it can be used to down anything flying is just a stupid thing. There isn't a computer made that can equal a shooter that knows how to deflection shoot in a fraction of a second.

And the last thing any warriors wishes to do is to go completely static for somewhere between 1 and 3 seconds to get the shot off at close to medium range of an enemy. That's a good way to end up dead.

1. huge difference in shooting targets vs combat environments
2. appears it still takes discipline = human problem

If you are in a hidden position is this not great rifle to have?

Give me 3 seconds from cover using a Nato 7.62 or bigger on a static target I probably won't miss. Shooting a non static target from cover, I also can deflection shoot a moving target. Once the bullet leaves the barrel, there is no correction outside of a Hollyweird movie. When I pull that trigger, I demand the gun fires. You can't make snipers out of regular people. Snipers are a completely different breed and are mostly born that way. It's like Air Aces of WWI and II. That's a lot of money to spend on a toy.

Give me 3 seconds from cover using a Nato 7.62 or bigger on a static target I probably won't miss. Shooting a non static target from cover, I also can deflection shoot a moving target. Once the bullet leaves the barrel, there is no correction outside of a Hollyweird movie. When I pull that trigger, I demand the gun fires. You can't make snipers out of regular people. Snipers are a completely different breed and are mostly born that way. It's like Air Aces of WWI and II. That's a lot of money to spend on a toy.

Well India and the EU are ordering it and America is Interested. Not a toy.

Well India and the EU are ordering it and America is Interested. Not a toy.

Let' India and EU waste their money. There are smarter things that we can spend our Military Funds for.

The military term "sniper" is usually thrown out by geeks who want to peddle a product or media idiots who don't know their muzzle from their butt.

The military term "sniper" is usually thrown out by geeks who want to peddle a product or media idiots who don't know their muzzle from their butt.

It's a name given to a small group of people that kill at long range with long rang weapons. And it takes a very special person to do that job. Just having the skills to do the shot isn't enough. It also requires a special set of mental skills. I had the ability but failed the syke test. If you believe that most "Snipers" are athiests, you would be wrong. Most I met in my two decades of service were very religious. I haven't seen a single Hollyweird "Sniper" that was protrayed correctly. The ONLY reason I was let into their "Society" was I was their "Bus Driver".

You gotta give them credit to dream of some gizmo that would turn every Soldier into a "sniper" but it takes more than a freaking computer built into the buttstock. Real combat snipers like the late great USMC Gunny Carlos Hathcock would be rolling over in their graves. You might as well use a drone.

You gotta give them credit to dream of some gizmo that would turn every Soldier into a "sniper" but it takes more than a freaking computer built into the buttstock. Real combat snipers like the late great USMC Gunny Carlos Hathcock would be rolling over in their graves. You might as well use a drone.

Until they can figure out how to guide a bullet onto the target from the time it leaves the barrel (that system exists but due to cost and complexity, it's not being used) I don't see this system widely being utilized as it takes a fair shooter and makes them a target. This thing is right out of a Hollyweird Movie. I think there was a movie like that with Angelia Joley. We have yet to get a system small enough for guidance to fit inside a 50 cal or smaller bullet to do the job. There IS a 20mm and 40mm that does that but it fires when the shooter pulls the trigger and the real magic happens when it's being delivered to the target. But cost, weight and training prevents that system from being widely used. All that when a human can do it just as well.

Or you just use the drone.

It's a name given to a small group of people that kill at long range with long rang weapons. And it takes a very special person to do that job. Just having the skills to do the shot isn't enough. It also requires a special set of mental skills. I had the ability but failed the syke test. If you believe that most "Snipers" are athiests, you would be wrong. Most I met in my two decades of service were very religious. I haven't seen a single Hollyweird "Sniper" that was protrayed correctly. The ONLY reason I was let into their "Society" was I was their "Bus Driver".
yes--per post # 3

let me be clear. i have great respect for the skill of snipers.

Forum List

Back