Small planes and helicopters are falling out of the sky - Why?

Rodimus

Platinum Member
Dec 8, 2021
I see reports of small planes and helicopters that fell out of the sky and they do not know what caused it. On the other hand, it is rare for a big passenger plane to fall out of the sky. I have a theory that The Devil is causing the engine to shut down or the pilot to lose control of the plane, just like The Devil is responsible for abducting and murdering people that go missing in remote areas or national parks. I do not have proof of this. It is just my theory.

Please document.
Provide some links to reports of such.
i've seen the crashes and aftermath of crashes on the news in the middle of the night. you can google plane crashes. i do not want to link a google search because that can expose my location.

i've seen the crashes and aftermath of crashes on the news in the middle of the night. you can google plane crashes. i do not want to link a google search because that can expose my location.
No it can't and small planes crash more often than commercial air liners because private pilots are relatively unregulated just like private drivers.

So is the maintenance on their planes far less regulation and lower inspection requirements.

It's something we accept because sometimes freedom is messy.

1651920227886.png

~S~

In 1943, the US Army Air Corp created Womens' Airforce Service Pilots units for women to fly every warplane at the time for deliver to male pilots in combat. Many of these brave women died flying,

Walt Disney created their logo based on the Roald Dahl book "Gremlins" -- Dahl, besides being an award winning author, was also a World War II British Fighter Pilot

a07581ac451abc3e1016f3d87a3350b9.jpg

Original-Fifinelli-patch-pictured-on-WASP-wearing-flight-jackets-1-1024x944.jpg

^^^
Fifinella
was a female gremlin designed by Walt Disney for a proposed film from Roald Dahl's book The Gremlins. During World War II, the Women Airforce Service Pilots (WASP) asked permission to use the image as their official mascot, and the Disney Company granted them the rights.

Origins​

The story of Fifinella began in 1942 when Roald Dahl, who had been removed from flying with the RAF due to injury, wrote The Gremlins, a fairy tale about the hazards of combat flying; in this incarnation, the word "fifinella" only refers to female gremlins as opposed to any specific one. Dahl took the name from the great "flying" filly, Fifinella, who won The Derby and Epsom Oaks in 1916, the year Dahl was born. As an RAF-trained pilot, he was familiar with prewar RAF folklore about the Gremlin, the mischievous source of any unknown problem. Although gremlins predated Murphy's Law that "whatever can go wrong, will", they were obviously motivated by the same principles. Finella was used as the WASP badge.

In 1943, the US Army Air Corp created Womens' Airforce Service Pilots units for women to fly every warplane at the time for deliver to male pilots in combat. Many of these brave women died flying,

Walt Disney created their logo based on the Roald Dahl book "Gremlins" -- Dahl, besides being an award winning author, was also a World War II British Fighter Pilot

View attachment 641554
View attachment 641555
Those girls had some balls!

The Women Airforce Service Pilots (WASP) (also Women's Army Service Pilots[2] or Women's Auxiliary Service Pilots[3]) was a civilian women pilots' organization, whose members were United States federal civil service employees. Members of WASP became trained pilots who tested aircraft, ferried aircraft, and trained other pilots. Their purpose was to free male pilots for combat roles during World War II. Despite various members of the armed forces being involved in the creation of the program, the WASP and its members had no military standing.

WASP was preceded by the Women's Flying Training Detachment (WFTD) and the Women's Auxiliary Ferrying Squadron (WAFS). Both were organized separately in September 1942. They were pioneering organizations of civilian women pilots, who were attached to the United States Army Air Forces to fly military aircraft during World War II. On August 5, 1943, the WFTD and WAFS merged to create the WASP organization.[4]: 45, 49–50, 173 

The WASP arrangement with the US Army Air Forces ended on December 20, 1944. During its period of operation, each member's service had freed a male pilot for military combat or other duties. They flew over 60 million miles; transported every type of military aircraft; towed targets for live anti-aircraft gun practice; simulated strafing missions and transported cargo. Thirty-eight WASP members lost their lives and one, Gertrude Tompkins, disappeared while on a ferry mission, her fate still unknown.[5] In 1977, for their World War II service, the members were granted veteran status,[6] and in 2009 awarded the Congressional Gold Medal.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Many fantastic images here;
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

WASP WWII Museum - Honoring the life and legacy of the Women Airfo

No it can't and small planes crash more often than commercial air liners because private pilots are relatively unregulated just like private drivers.

So is the maintenance on their planes far less regulation and lower inspection requirements.

It's something we accept because sometimes freedom is messy.
Many commercial pilots start with private pilot training, if not getting such through military service. And there's a rather slight degree of difference on regulation and inspection requirements.

What is the first step to becoming a pilot?​

Decide what you want to fly. FAA's rules for getting a pilot's license (certificate) differ depending on the type of aircraft you fly. You can choose among airplanes, gyroplanes, helicopters, gliders, balloons, or airships. If you are interested in flying ultralight vehicles, you don't need a pilot's license.

You should also think about what type of flying you want to do. There are several different types of pilot's licenses, from student pilot all the way up to airline transport pilot. The information below describes the eligibility, training, experience, and testing requirements for Student Pilots, Recreational Pilots and Private Pilots.

If you didn't find what you need above, please contact your nearest FAA Flight Standards District Office.

Forum List

Back