small market baseball teams can expect same results as cubs had with how baseball is now.

LA RAM FAN

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2008
We all know how this was the first time in over a 100 years the Cubs won the world series and the first time in like 60 years they were even in the world series a couple years ago or so . Well because of the way baseball is set up now that the big market teams are the teams that are always in the playoffs all the time,the small market teams just dont have a prayer anymore these days of having just as much of a chance to go to the world series before the season begins as much as everybody else does.

small market teams like the padres,Reds,A's,and Twins,they just dont have a fair chance anymore as they used to have to be able to compete to go to the world series anymore.You will never see a small market team such as the A's,Reds,Padres or Twins have a chance of making it to the world series again because the big market teams always have such an unfair advantage every year of going there since they are the ones that always have the money to buy the best talent out there.

Those days of where the Twins had as much an equal chance to go to the world series and play against the Dodgers as they did in the late 60's or late 80's against the cardinals or the padres against the tigers as they did in the 80's or the A's and Reds did in 1989 ,those days are over with and will never happen again as long as baseball stays the way it is where the small market teams cant compete year after year.

Because of how baseball is set up now,expect all of those small market teams i mentioned and the others out there as well i did not mention.for THEM to go over a 100 years without even going to the world series to happen as long as baseball stays the way it is now anyways where the big market teams like the dodgers and yankees get to BUY their way into the playoffs year after year and the smalll market teams are always staying home to watch..

You mean like the 2015 World Series champion KC Royals?
They have to draft right. And they get a lot of draft picks and promising minor leaguers when they trade their better players before they hit free agency. And the players they sign as free agents must produce and be injury free. The local TV contracts are the major difference. Plus there are local advertisers. The Royals are the exception. And it is possible to win. But it is not the rule. Even if the rich teams do not make the playoffs, they can blovk the poorer teams or make it harder for them.

You mean like the 1991 Twins?

You mean like the Twins this year, if their pitching didn't crap out in the tail end of the season?

You mean like the Brewers this year, if they hadn't had a slew of injuries?

BTW, the Yankees haven't won it all on 10 years.

You mean like the Twins this year, if their pitching didn't crap out in the tail end of the season?

I am talking about even getting there for a 100 years. the 1991 twins? your just making my point FOR ME cause that was about the time when it started to become an unfair shift for small and large market teams:abgg2q.jpg:the yankees were at LEAST one game away from the series this year,when was the last time the Twins could say that? not since 1991 thats for sure.LOL .The twins year after year always have an early exit against the yankees in the playoffs, they always won the division title in the 90's and had an early exit all the time against the yankees same as the last two years once they got there, they never got to the playoffs cause they were good,but because the rest of the division is so crappy even worse than them which is the case again.Once they have to play with the big boys that buy the talent,its always an early exit for them.

The Brewers did not even make it to the national league championship game,okay they came close the year before with the dodgers but they are the exception.

the person that thinks its funny how the big market teams have a big edge over small market teams is a selfish jerk obviously.

They have to draft right. And they get a lot of draft picks and promising minor leaguers when they trade their better players before they hit free agency. And the players they sign as free agents must produce and be injury free. The local TV contracts are the major difference. Plus there are local advertisers. The Royals are the exception. And it is possible to win. But it is not the rule. Even if the rich teams do not make the playoffs, they can blovk the poorer teams or make it harder for them.

:thankusmile:

you so much took him to school.thats getting desperate using the 2015 Royals as an example.:laughing0301::lmao: where have the Royals been SINCE then? I thought so,a loser ever since.:lmao: meanwhile the big market teams,the yankees,astros,dodgers,cardinals and others keep showing up in the playoffs year after year and have a legitimate shot every year.

the royals just proves my point for me.LOL Look at how bad the royals have been SINCE then?:lmao: same as they were for over 20 years,they are back to drafting players to develop them for other big market teams again same as all other small market teams.:lmao:

someone is dense that a team like the padres will never be able to have another tony gwen again or the royals another george brett or the reds another pete rose because of how the small market teams cant keep their players since the big market teams are able to easily snatch them up now in this day age.:rolleyes:

It does not take an Einsten to see that these small market teams will never be able to have another great player like those mentioned that they can build their teams around like that since they now have such an unfair disadvantage being able to compete with the big market teams to afford them.:rolleyes:

Meanwhile, the World Series is between the Astros and Nationals...their huge-market opponents (LA Dodgers, NY Yankees) having lost already.

someone farted in here.

you so much took him to school.thats getting desperate using the 2015 Royals as an example.:laughing0301::lmao: where have the Royals been SINCE then? I thought so,a loser ever since.:lmao: meanwhile the big market teams,the yankees,astros,dodgers,cardinals and others keep showing up in the playoffs year after year and have a legitimate shot every year.

the royals just proves my point for me.LOL Look at how bad the royals have been SINCE then?:lmao: same as they were for over 20 years,they are back to drafting players to develop them for other big market teams again same as all other small market teams.:lmao:

someone is dense that a team like the padres will never be able to have another tony gwen again or the royals another george brett or the reds another pete rose because of how the small market teams cant keep their players since the big market teams are able to easily snatch them up now in this day age.:rolleyes:

It does not take an Einsten to see that these small market teams will never be able to have another great player like those mentioned that they can build their teams around like that since they now have such an unfair disadvantage being able to compete with the big market teams to afford them.:rolleyes:

a troll is laughing in defeat as always since 22lcdw took him to school and he cant counter his facts or mine like small market teams cant keep a george brett,tony gwynn or pete rose anymore.he totally played dodgeball with that pesky fact and can only cry in defeat.hee hee.:abgg2q.jpg: waits for another laughing smaily in defeat after another major ass beating.:abgg2q.jpg:

Last edited:

another fact i forgot to mention and taking a certain troll to school with the help of 22lcd of course LOL is to further my point, in this day and age of baseball,since small market teams cant develop and keep a great player like a george brett of the royals anymore or tony gwynn of the padres,they cant compete year after year even if they ARE lucky enough to beat the big market teams in baseball and go and win the world series as the royals did a a few years ago r with the new york mets because unlike back then in the days when brett was playing when all teams had an equal playing field and everyone had as much a chance as the other guy to get to the world series, again they cant keep their great players anymore. how fucking stupid and dense can a certain troll be?:rolleyes:

this example will go ignored of course just like my last post did but look at Eric Hosmer.he is the closet thing the Royals have had since George Brett of a great exceptional player that players rally around. Well he is not with the royals anymore:rolleyes: so the royals losing their best player they had,a player same as brett was a leader and players rallied around and fed off of,and the fact they lost their other best players due to free agency which has ruined the game for small market teams, they cant go out and do what they were able to do in the 70's and 80's where they could compete year after year to go to the world series since back then in those times,the difference between small market teams and big market teams was not significant at all and everybody was on a a level playing field. jesus christ i should have to explain any of this.:cuckoo:

the royals after winning their first world series in 85, four years later in 89 they came close to being in the playoffs again but did not advance only cause back then,there was not this stupid wild card that they have now,back then they finished in second place like two games behind the A'S "ANOTHER small market team that went to the world series that year back then."

The Royals back then could compete year after year in those two decades BECAUSE it was a LEVEL playing field back then and they could KEEP their best players like brett,frank white,and hal mcrae. the royals in this day and age CANT do that because the big market teams can buy the best talent.

jesus christ someone around here is an idiot,i should not even have to explain this,this is all stuff GRADE SCHOOL STUFF KIDS can understand.:cuckoo::rolleyes:

Last edited:

comedy gold, this post of yours is hysterical because the only thing you accomplished here in your desperate attempt to try and ignore reality that small market teams cant compete with big market teams year after year is prove my point FOR ME that this is indeed a fact.:laughing0301:

you just shot yourself in the foot and won the case FOR ME that the small market teams cannot compete year after year with the big market teams as they used to be able to do with this lame example of the twins.:laughing0301::lmao:

Obviously you have not paid attention to who those opponents of the yankees were the past 10 years that kept them from going to the world series.:laughing0301::lmao:

I cant remember the previous seven,but the this year and last year,they lost in the playoffs to ANOTHER big market team the Astros,and the year before that the red sox.:lmao: I am pretty sure the seven years before that they did not lose in the playoffs to the small market twins either.:laughing0301::lmao::iyfyus.jpg:

The Twins is REALLY destroying your case cause like i said back in the early 2000's when the twins would get to the playoffs,it was the same result as this year, an early exit after getting beat up by the big market yankees:rofl::laughing0301: and as i said previously,the twins only made it to the playoffs every year and this year ONLY because the division winner HAS to be in the playoffs,not because they were good.LOL

they only won the division this year and those other year not because they were good but BECAUSE someone in the division HAD to win the division and the other teams were more shitty than they were and are now.:laughing0301::lmao: they get to beat up on all those creampuffs like the royals,white sox and tigers year after year playing so many games against their DIVISION opponents,that of course they are going to win a lot of games.:lmao: Lets see them play in the american league east and play against those BIG MARKET teams year after year and see how well they do in winning the division title .they dont make the playoffs thats for sure.if you think otherwise,i got some land in Russia i want to sell you.:laughing0301:

You REALLY proved my point for me though by referring to the 1991 Twins though.:abgg2q.jpg::2up:

Because that is my point in this thread. 1991 was back in the day and age that every team in the league played on a level playing field and every team had as much a shot at going to the world series as the other guy did because back then,you did not have this unfair advantage of big market teams having a much larger gap than the small market teams in payroll.:rofl:

Back in the 70's,and 80's,and early 90's,every team had as much a legitimate shot as the other.It was not UNTIL the mid 90's came around when all that started to change. Have the twins even made it to the championship game SINCE 91? have the padres been the playoffs SINCE the mid 90's? Have the Red or A's been to the american league championship game SINCE the mid 90's? No, the reds same as the pirates about five years ago did make to to playoffs but they BOTH had an early exit and they have sucked ever since.:lmao: You think Johnny Couto who was drafted by the reds,BACK IN THE 70'S, would have left the Reds after just four years playing with them? uh no.he would have finished at least most his career with them.:rolleyes:

NEWSFLASH- baseball does not have revenue sharing as the NFL does so of course the small market teams cannot compete year after year with them as i just proved.a small market team like the twins will NEVER be able to do what the big market Astros do,beat the yankees year after year in the playoffs.:rolleyes::lmao::laughing0301:

If the NFL was run the same way major league baseball was run there is NO WAY IN HELL teams like the packers would have been able to sign and keep Brett Favre for the majority of his years and Aaron Rodgers for life as well and would for sure NEVER be in the playoffs with a very real chance of going to the superbowl year after year and winning it as they have in the last 20 years ,NOR would the Steelers have been able to Keep Ben Rothlesberger his entire career as they did and have been able to win the superbowl against the seahhawks and the cardinals as they did,:rolleyes: NOR would the chargers have EVER been able to keep Phillip Rivers for his entire career and been in the playoffs for so many years his entire career and they sure as hell would not have come just ONE GAME away from the superbowl and only missed that superbowl because they had to play the undefeated new england cheatiots.:D

If you SERIOUSLY think I am blowing smoke here and dont know what i am talking about you and can honestly look at yourself in the mirror and tell yourself the packers,steelers,and chargers WOULD be able to compete year after year and have a realistic chance to get there IF the NFL did not have revenue sharing as they do and it was run the same way as baseball is,well then you are trolling and are are as immature as that one poster is who can NEVER admit defeat or ever counters facts never even trying to disprove them.:rolleyes::lmao::laughing0301::rofl:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back