Smacked a deer this morning

Car/deer is scary shit for those of us who’ve got to deal with them regularly. Thus far I’m hits free but 3-4 very close calls, but know plenty of folks who’ve not been so fortunate. Nobody’s been killed but several injuries of varying degrees.

As the saying goes in these parts, there’s two kinds of drivers. Those who’ve hit a deer and those who will.

My buddy years ago nailed one doing about 65 on a snowmobile. Really no time to react as tree line is right off trail. He was lucky he was crouched down and deer hit hood, glanced his shoulder and flew right over him. There was deer shit all over the hood, and deer didn't survive.
In hard deep snow winters you will come across dozens starving and staying on groomed trails as snow is too deep for them.

Last night a couple going down A1A towards Daytona hit a deer on their motorcycle. The guy, who was driving, was pronounced dead at the scene. He was 39. The woman, who was 49, was transported to the nearest hospital with serious, but non-life threatening, injuries.

Both were wearing helmets...

Last night a couple going down A1A towards Daytona hit a deer on their motorcycle. The guy, who was driving, was pronounced dead at the scene. He was 39. The woman, who was 49, was transported to the nearest hospital with serious, but non-life threatening, injuries.

Both were wearing helmets...
Had a close call at night myself when I first moved into a rural area. I no longer night ride.

A couple of years ago I had occasion to drive across the Pocono's In Pa. in the late fall. You couldn't go ten miles without seeing a deer carcass on the side of the road. I guess big rigs hit them and it's just a speed bump.

Forum List

Back