sleep-deprivation caused by thoughts that keep on going : tips that may save you misery or your life

peacefan

Gold Member
Mar 8, 2018
Amsterdam, Netherlands
I personally have this problem from time to time,

thoughts rambling on and on, to the extent of not being able to sleep at all, period, for an unknown and seemingly endless time.

the cause of the rambling thoughts that can’t be calmed down into something that allows you to fall asleep like a normal human, can be any of the following :

• your fantasy running at some speed based on something you read, saw, or heard, or something you happened to think up while bored, etc, etc.
  • multiple personality disorder (google it perhaps)
  • what psychiatry calls the “delusion” telepathy and labels “voices in your head” instead, is in fact not for everyone a delusion, at least not according to my honest life experience. for more information, see my telepathy manual at telepathy_manual - Google Drive which points to telepathy_manual - Google Drive
sleep-deprivation is potentially deadly, but there are only basic scientific study results available about after how many nights and days after another without any true sleep at all, even “the average” or “military-trained” human, will die.

It gets really tricky after 3 or 4 nights for most soldiers (you may have more or less workload that that particular soldier reported on at the web-address listed below here, but that is actually of little relevance to how long you can last without real sleep, based on my own life-experience (i’m 41 at the time of writing and publishing this).

It gets downright deadly after 7 nights and days without real sleep, for the vast majority of humans, if they don’t receive any help at all.

that is why psychiatry has the very best sleeping meds on the planet available in their hospitals, and yes, that’s the only place they’re handed out (*inside* hospital, to patients) because sleeping meds are tricky to use and best avoided when possible.

but as you can read in my telepathy manual, i’ve been there (in mental hospital), it’s often unpleasant to have to stay there too. If you ever end up there, accept the fact that you’re locked in a ward with other people who are in problems, and that you’re there probably 24/7, for a few months in a row, to properly cure you and fix you back to full health.

you’ll have a psychiatric record, so applying for worker disability pension / benefits, is a wise idea, if this type of situation happens to you unpredictably or more than say once per 3 years. Because you won’t be able to hold a job with a psychiatric record and the need to recover months-long in a hospital.

psychiatry offers little psychological help, but you can usually get at least some psychological help by just being nice to others on the ward you might end up on. It’s patients helping patients, nurses helping patients, and sometimes patients helping nurses, fix eachother’s psychological hurdles, in casual conversations.

psychiatry itself runs on 2 principles : demanding obedience from their patients as a test to see if they can function peacefully in society (or when they can again), and anti-psychotics, which are all dopamine-blockers.

dopamine is the neuro-transmitter natural chemical generated by the human body when you feel happy over something.

because of all of this, the chances of ending up in a depression via psychiatry saving you from lethal levels of sleep deprivation, are great.

you need to appreciate the little things that others take for granted, if you unfortunately end up in this situation,

a roof over your head, food-stores filled properly (including the checking of experation dates) so you can skip a day of going outside when you need to,

and things like art, music, something to give your life purpose in your own eyes and maybe also in the eyes of the ones of whom you value their opinion about you (parents, romantic partner, your own kids if you have those when this disease/problem hits you).

you’re now free of the rat-race, have total freedom of agenda, but probably unpredictably recurring hard periods in which you’re fighting for your life.

but here’s the important thing : this is not a physical fight with anyone.

it’s a fight to return to a regular and easily entered normal sleep pattern.

you’ll get the advice from doctors to try to “slap” your day-night rythm back into shape by only trying to sleep at the regular human sleeping hours, and doing something to keep yourself awake until then. i suspect that won’t work for everyone, because it doesn’t work for me.

so what i do is i sleep when i can, for as long as i can.

and other than that, it’s simple : keep your house clean enough to receive an unexpected visitor whenever you can, keep your freezer and your fridge stocked with stuff that’s not about to go over it’s expiration date, don’t over-eat just to try to feel happy, happiness is never achieved from just 1 something in your life i think.

keep the music/movie volume low during 19:00–07:00 (small kiddie and all other humans’ normal sleeping time),

but feel free to turn it up a bit during day-time hours, and don’t forget to keep track of what day of the week and what day of what month it is, because you need to know when it’s sunday and a certain shop might be closed in your area. last thing you want to do is make stupid mistakes in public and appear “confused”, coz that leads to people making reports to police, who, after a few such reports, usually have you picked up for a few months recovery in mental hospital. which is an uncomfortable prison, in most areas, even most western rich cities.

For more details on what of these limits are known, see Limits Of The Human Body: How Much Sleep Deprivation, Radiation & Acceleration Can We Survive? | HuffPost

the first thing that gets difficult, right on day 2, the first day after a night of not getting any real sleep at all,

are things like :

• riding a bycicle
  • driving a car
  • going to the supermarket — you may forget to actually focus on what’s travelling over the intersections that you need to cross on your shopping walk, and get hit by a vehicle that you normally speaking would have seen in time to avoid colliding with it, in your usual way.
  • using the ATM to get cash out of the wall, and then storing it all in the proper place in your wallet. tip here is to have standard spots for all your vital items like phone, wallet, home-keys, any electronics you take with you, in all clothing you’re wearing during that month of the year. And to actually check regularly, do i still have all my stuff. And to remember, by properly focussing and vocalizing in your thoughts things like : “yes, i did put my ATM card back in my wallet and my wallet is in it’s usual pocket”.
  • placing orders and properly storing your purchases for travel back home, in stores and markets, etc, etc, any place where something is sold for money.
  • planning your shopping-trip. especially if you need to use stores that you’ve never used before. best done on paper on days like this, and don’t forget to bring that paper, in your wallet somewhere.
  • choosing between silence when you try to sleep or music/movie/TV/reading/working because you can’t sleep anyways. it’s better to be doing something you like than lying on bed trying to sleep, and realizing it’s just not going to work due to something that’s wrong.

sleep is very important for good mental and physical health/growing
....that's why I'm ''surprised'' when parents don't make their kids go to bed/get needed sleep time/etc
..my friend [ younger than I ] would complain about headaches/etc--he would drink and go to bed very late..getting sleep and drinking more water takes care of a lot of problems
...I'll go to sleep very early
my dad did also and was in fantastic shape mentally and physically in his mid 80s
also, he looked more ''youthful'' than his actual age

I'm not sure if this is the right way to battle sleeplessness or not but when I can't fall asleep I concentrate on a single good thought...like an upcoming trip or a bucket list item and before I know it I'm out like a light....
If that doesn't work I just drink till I pass out..... :wine::sleep::bigbed:

I think about the same movie, if I have trouble...but I usually don't
also working out helps--especially in cold weather
sometimes I can't keep my eyes open even when I try

Forum List

Back