Slate Magazine: "Beto 2020 Has No Reason to Exist"

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Beta's no substance, 'We-need-to-start-a-conversation' answer to everything, will get old in a hurry.

Of all the major candidates, he brings the least to the Democratic primary.

Beto O’Rourke is finally ready to end the suspense. The former Texas congressman is expected to formally kick off his presidential campaign Thursday, one day after tipping his hand to a local TV station in Texas. “I’m really proud of what El Paso did and what El Paso represents,” O’Rourke told KTSM El Paso via text. “It’s a big part of why I’m running.” His apparent confirmation came on the heels of a new Vanity Fair cover story—complete with glossy photo shoot—in which he told the magazine that he wanted to run. “I want to be in it,” he said, after describing our current political moment as an existential fight. “Man, I’m just born to be in it, and want to do everything I humanly can for this country at this moment.”

O’Rourke would seem to have much of what he needs to mount a serious run for the Democratic nomination. He has political celebrity after his stronger-than-expected challenge to Sen. Ted Cruz in the midterms. He has a devoted base of fans and network of small donors that would make him instantly competitive. He is already better known and better liked than a number of national Democrats who have been running for weeks. And in preparation for his launch, he reportedly beefed up his already valuable email list, lined up potential campaign hires, and has planned a multiday swing through Iowa this weekend.

There’s No Good Reason for Beto to Run for President

Beta's no substance, 'We-need-to-start-a-conversation' answer to everything, will get old in a hurry.

Beto O’Rourke is finally ready to end the suspense. The former Texas congressman is expected to formally kick off his presidential campaign Thursday, one day after tipping his hand to a local TV station in Texas. “I’m really proud of what El Paso did and what El Paso represents,” O’Rourke told KTSM El Paso via text. “It’s a big part of why I’m running.” His apparent confirmation came on the heels of a new Vanity Fair cover story—complete with glossy photo shoot—in which he told the magazine that he wanted to run. “I want to be in it,” he said, after describing our current political moment as an existential fight. “Man, I’m just born to be in it, and want to do everything I humanly can for this country at this moment.”

O’Rourke would seem to have much of what he needs to mount a serious run for the Democratic nomination. He has political celebrity after his stronger-than-expected challenge to Sen. Ted Cruz in the midterms. He has a devoted base of fans and network of small donors that would make him instantly competitive. He is already better known and better liked than a number of national Democrats who have been running for weeks. And in preparation for his launch, he reportedly beefed up his already valuable email list, lined up potential campaign hires, and has planned a multiday swing through Iowa this weekend.

I agree.

But if he wins the DNC nomination...he has almost a coin flip’s chance of winning the Oval...as does any major party nominee.

No one cares what you think

No good reason for any of those nutters to run. Still hoping some decent dem decides to run

Lol !

Come on. Haven't you always wanted a president that asks cows to wax his balls and fantasized about killing children?

No other candidate has ever brought the public into such intimacy as to look into his mouth as his teeth are cleaned.

Beto for a new generation.

Some of the goy care.

I posted at Slate from 2002 to 2011.....everybody was new to internet chat rooms...tricks of the trade were learned and still used to today. Slate was leftist garbage but their message boards were hilarious, full of true crazies, 24 hours a day.....Cons ruled like always but we enjoyed the leftists in those days.....lottsa laughs....when we weren't fighting them, we fought each other...there's a few old Ballot Box veterans around USMB all these years later....cagey, sly, we know every trick in the book because we invented most of them....."translations" started there...no matter what you've heard, the first translation on the internet came from a cat named "WhiteRat"...made the news after it was stolen by a dirtbag named Stan Hill....WhiteRat (a gifted hacker) was furious and spammed the board for hours at a time demanding he be given credit. There were hookups, guys actually met to fight, I personally was banned just short of 200 times, and legends like SouthernBoy, Mookie, and JoeBlam were KINGS. :lol:

But if he wins the DNC nomination...he has almost a coin flip’s chance of winning the Oval...as does any major party nominee.
Based on what?

Out-of-State Democrats funded the shit out of FakeMexican, and out-spend Cruz 3 to 1. FakeMexican was constantly running ads on all TV channels throughout Texas...and he still lost.

Texas Elections 2018: Here’s how much Beto O’Rourke and Ted Cruz have raised in their midterm Senate race

Based on reality

Forum List

Back