Sixty Minutes: Descendants of Its Slaves Buy Former Plantation

Dekster

Platinum Member
Dec 11, 2014
Just up the road from me. This is why I support the 1619 Project. I couldn't care less about what people do with it, twist it, pervert it, lie about it, deny it. We need to preserve history while we still can. Even if it is not important to us, it is important to somebody.

Dems/plantation

R.10ad5e961b34714d1326619defd18af6

Just up the road from me. This is why I support the 1619 Project. I couldn't care less about what people do with it, twist it, pervert it, lie about it, deny it. We need to preserve history while we still can. Even if it is not important to us, it is important to somebody.

Excellent story, thanks for posting that.

Good for them!

Wishing them the best and hope they somehow manage to piss off as many cracker assholes as they can.

The story is nice

Not sure what that has to do with the bad history in the 1619 project

Pretending illiterate slaves built this country is absurd. So is the obsession with Southern culture. The 1619 project isn't about America it's about the South. The North had basically no blacks, people didn't think about them, and they were vastly more economically capable....Proving that slavery was not the superior system in an obvious comparison. Slavery if anything kept the South poor and only enriched a few people. It lowered overall GDP

Keeping people as slaves is not efficient. Paying low wages is. At least it was by ~1800 anyway.

The 1619 project centers slavery in our story in a way that is just absurd from a northerner's lens.

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back