Six Natural Gas Power Plants Fail in "Refurbished" Texas Power Grid

Crick

Gold Member
May 10, 2014
N/A

After the endless litany of posts here claiming that wind and solar power would all have to be fully backed up by fossil fuel plants, this is irony at its finest. All six plants that failed were fired by natural gas. What backed them up? Any guesses?

112F. Is that abnormal for Texas at this time of the year?

What temperature can people survive in for the period of the day that the sun is out? Would 120F be too hot.
I tried an experiment in a dry sauna at about 120 and felf that I should get out after about 40 minutes due to elevated heart rate.

What temperature can people survive in for the period of the day that the sun is out? Would 120F be too hot.
I tried an experiment in a dry sauna at about 120 and felf that I should get out after about 40 minutes due to elevated heart rate.
Don't you wish you had? ; - )

Haven't heard that one.
How does it go?
It goes… “Dem Chinese be buying up all our land and housings and businesses with our own damn money! Now they be burnin down our factories so they can buy more land, cheap, and force us to buy goods from dem… and they be workin with Hunter and Dementia Joe to do all of this! It’s all on the laptop!!” Burp fart chug a beer

That would depend on what part of Texas you're in.
95 is not abnormal for the Houston area this time of year,it's 88 today due to cloud cover and we'll reach 90 before the days is done.
It's really weird that in all my 56 years in Texas power has never been a big issue.
Of course we have a shitload of leftist moving here these days that use power.

It goes… “Dem Chinese be buying up all our land and housings and businesses with our own damn money! Now they be burnin down our factories so they can buy more land, cheap, and force us to buy goods from dem… and they be workin with Hunter and Dementia Joe to do all of this! It’s all on the laptop!!” Burp fart chug a beer

You sure have a vivid imagination.

That would depend on what part of Texas you're in.
95 is not abnormal for the Houston area this time of year,it's 88 today due to cloud cover and we'll reach 90 before the days is done.
It's really weird that in all my 56 years in Texas power has never been a big issue.
Of course we have a shitload of leftist moving here these days that use power.
If you want to categorize the folks that have come to Texas and are using more than their share of your power, I suggest you look into bitcoin miners. Not generally regarded as a left wing group.

The Electric Reliability Council of Texas (ERCOT) is a mismanaged clown show of epic proportions.

The wind/solar tycoons hold all kinds of graft power over Wheel's political machine while the NG-fired plants have (and have had) all kinds of maintenance problems due to mismanagement/lack of funds.

Deserves have everything to do with it and as much as I would like to I can't blame any of it on the dems. This is a total "Texas Sized" gop shit-show.

If Bob The Fake Mexican would expose ERCOT in a responsible manner he would win in a walk.

If you want to categorize the folks that have come to Texas and are using more than their share of your power, I suggest you look into bitcoin miners. Not generally regarded as a left wing group.

WTF? Who said anything about a fair share ya fucken idiot.
More people means higher demand. It's a simple concept that even your dumbass should understand.

What a lame-ass bigoted moron.

New Topics

Forum List

Back