Six Months Later, EPA Employees Are Still ‘Crying at Their Desks’ Because of Trump

bripat9643

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2011
Liberal tears are so delicious! This is why I voted for Trump!

Six Months Later, EPA Employees Are Still 'Crying at Their Desks' Because of Trump

Six months after President Donald Trump's inauguration, employees at the Environmental Protection Agency are still "crying at their desks."

The latest edition of Rolling Stone, which features Canadian prime minister Justin Trudeau on the cover with the question, "Why can't he be our president?" goes after EPA administrator Scott Pruitt for alleged "crimes against nature."

The article features quotes from fearful EPA employees, who are still distraught over President Trump's victory.

"It's been six months, and people are still crying at their desks," one EPA staffer said.

Rolling Stone‘s contributing editor Jeff Goodell labels Pruitt a "God-fearing Christian," who is on the "wrong side of science and the wrong side of history."

I couldn't find an actual number on how many regulations the EPA oversees but apparently over 3000 were added during the Obama administration alone. Sensible regulation is fine but the the federal government has long since became a bloated vampire hanging around the neck of the tax paying citizen.

You'll be crying too when our rivers will be overfilled with trash like in 3rd countries who have loose environmental policies.

You'll be crying too when our rivers will be overfilled with trash like in 3rd countries who have loose environmental policies.
Typical nonsensical response. Thinks the EPA 'prevents' pollution. LMFAO!

No need for the EPA any longer. If you pollute, you are harming the environment. You pay up. Simple as that, but big government LOVES to regulate...and regulations harm the economy, generate unemployment, and are entirely wasteful. They do benefit the biggest corporations though...by limiting competition.

If only ALL Americans would knew this truism....Bureaucracy stifles innovation. This is a law of bureaucracy. It is rarely broken.

Bwuhahaha...

Like how Obama's 'strict' EPA f*ed up that river, held bo one responsible, packed up, and left without an apology or actual fix?!

'Ummm, sorry we destroyed / contaminated the river for miles...my bad...we out. See ya.'

:clap:

Bwuhahaha...

Like how Obama's 'strict' EPA f*ed up that river, held bo one responsible, packed up, and left without an apology or actual fix?!

'Ummm, sorry we destroyed / contaminated the river for miles...my bad...we out. See ya.'

:clap:
Libs don't know about the EPA polluting that river. It was a one day story in the DNC Bolshevik media.

It’s wrong to blame the EPA for the Gold King spill

The San Juan Mountains near Durango, Colorado, were one of the most productive mining areas in the United States between 1860 and 1986. Hundreds of millions of dollars worth of gold, silver and lead were pulled from hundreds of mines on once-public lands that became privatized by miners under the Mining Law of 1872. Fortunes were made, but as soon as the market changed or ore seams ran out, the mine owners ran out, too, leaving an unmitigated mess of hundreds of abandoned mines across the mountains.

These abandoned mines have been leaking toxic acid mineral waste into the streams of the Animas and San Juan rivers ever since. Near Silverton, 48 of 300 old mines leak toxic minerals dissolved in sulfuric acid into the Animas River every day. Federal and state officials estimate that about 1,500 gallons of acid mine drainage a day flow into the river from these Silverton-area mines.

Gold King had been leaking 200 gallons of waste a minute before the EPA crew began digging to investigate the source.

“These mines are draining as we speak,” Bruce Stover, director of Colorado’s Abandoned Mines Reclamation Program told the Denver Post in 2015. “We had a disaster last week — a surging amount of water coming out. That same amount of water is coming out every six months and harming the Animas (River).”

These mines belong to small and large companies alike, yet few if any mine owners (assuming they can be found) are willing to spend the millions needed to treat the toxic waste that will flow out of their mines forever and kill fish. Instead, the federal taxpayer pays for cleaning up this private-sector mess because the toxic waste is regulated under the Clean Water Act, a federal law that seeks to keep our rivers clean.

The Clean Water Act is enforced by the EPA, which many conservatives have vowed to abolish. In the San Juan Mountains, the EPA and its contractors have been confronting the worst of the pollution sources. including the Gold King Mine, since the mine owners will not do the cleanup themselves

We already have far more environmental laws than we need. Your Chicken Little hysteria isn't fooling anyone. Apparently you believe that at the end of the Bush administration people were dying by the millions from pollution.

The San Juan Mountains near Durango, Colorado, were one of the most productive mining areas in the United States between 1860 and 1986. Hundreds of millions of dollars worth of gold, silver and lead were pulled from hundreds of mines on once-public lands that became privatized by miners under the Mining Law of 1872. Fortunes were made, but as soon as the market changed or ore seams ran out, the mine owners ran out, too, leaving an unmitigated mess of hundreds of abandoned mines across the mountains.

These abandoned mines have been leaking toxic acid mineral waste into the streams of the Animas and San Juan rivers ever since. Near Silverton, 48 of 300 old mines leak toxic minerals dissolved in sulfuric acid into the Animas River every day. Federal and state officials estimate that about 1,500 gallons of acid mine drainage a day flow into the river from these Silverton-area mines.

Gold King had been leaking 200 gallons of waste a minute before the EPA crew began digging to investigate the source.

“These mines are draining as we speak,” Bruce Stover, director of Colorado’s Abandoned Mines Reclamation Program told the Denver Post in 2015. “We had a disaster last week — a surging amount of water coming out. That same amount of water is coming out every six months and harming the Animas (River).”

These mines belong to small and large companies alike, yet few if any mine owners (assuming they can be found) are willing to spend the millions needed to treat the toxic waste that will flow out of their mines forever and kill fish. Instead, the federal taxpayer pays for cleaning up this private-sector mess because the toxic waste is regulated under the Clean Water Act, a federal law that seeks to keep our rivers clean.

The Clean Water Act is enforced by the EPA, which many conservatives have vowed to abolish. In the San Juan Mountains, the EPA and its contractors have been confronting the worst of the pollution sources. including the Gold King Mine, since the mine owners will not do the cleanup themselves
So how is the EPA not responsible?

Lax regulations allowed companies to get away with polluting waters for decades. But if you think the EPA is responsible, then why do you cheer cuts to its budget? How is the agency supposed to address environmental issues with slashed funding and an administration that doesn't believe in its mission?

Lax regulations allowed companies to get away with polluting waters for decades. But if you think the EPA is responsible, then why do you cheer cuts to its budget? How is the agency supposed to address environmental issues with slashed funding and an administration that doesn't believe in its mission?

Regulations against that kind of thing were passed decades ago. What the EPA is doing now is trying to control any private property that has so much as a puddle on it for more than an hour. The EPA is out of control.

Forum List

Back