Six companies taking advantage of prisoners

Privatize the profits, socialize the risks.

It's unethical, and it's the right-wing manifesto.

There should be a video game about a joint United Nations NATO Task Force taking down a corrupt prison CEO!

"There is absolutely nothing too vital to be fucked over for profit. "

Capitalists.

Prisoners aren't guests. They not only should work but we should bring back the chain gang and put them to work in the fields instead of illegals.

Where did the idea that prisoners shouldn't work come from?

Prisoners aren't guests. They not only should work but we should bring back the chain gang and put them to work in the fields instead of illegals.

It came from the idea that forced labor is unconstitutional as well as barbaric.

You may have missed it but prisoners have limited constitutional rights. The right to lay on the sofa eating bon bons channel surfing isn't one of them.
Prisoners are forced to work all the time. Who do you think mops the floors, does laundry, cleans toilets?

They're incarcerated. Let them work. They FIGHT to get on those work details.

AFP_Getty-512346964.jpg

If I make a movie about taking down a private prison CEO I will show French peacekeepers kicking the hell out of the CEO's Mercenaries just to make the Neocons mad!

The major issue is the widespread corruption in the private prison system in the US: Corrupt Kids for Cash judge ruined more than 2 000 lives New York Post
They were brought before Judge Mark A. Ciavarella and, without warning or the chance to offer a defense, found themselves pronounced guilty, shackled and sentenced to months of detention in a cockroach-infested jail.

They were trapped in the juvenile justice system for years, robbing most of them of their entire high-school experience.

Hillary Transue was sent to juvenile detention for making a fake Myspace page for her teacher.Photo: AP Photo/Matt Rourke

Judge Ciavarella, who sentenced around 3,000 children in a similar manner, was later sentenced himself to 28 years in prison for financial crimes related to his acceptance of $2.2 million as a finder’s fee for the construction of a for-profit facility in which to house these so-called delinquents

You may have missed it but prisoners have limited constitutional rights. The right to lay on the sofa eating bon bons channel surfing isn't one of them.
Prisoners are forced to work all the time. Who do you think mops the floors, does laundry, cleans toilets?
I don't think the issue is whether they are forced to work or not; it's whether they are adequately compensated for that work. I feel prisoners ought to at least get the minimum wage so that they can help to support families left behind and themselves. The meanness of charging them exorbitant prices for phone calls and sundry necessities should be unconscionable in a Christian society. But that's ok with YOU, RIGHT?

[QSupportinglic1, post: 10962344, member: 38918"]
I don't think the issue is whether they are forced to work or not; it's whether they are adequately compensated for that work. I feel prisoners ought to at least get the minimum wage so that they can help to support families left behind and themselves. The meanness of charging them exorbitant prices for phone calls and sundry necessities should be unconscionable in a Christian society. But that's ok with YOU, RIGHT?[/QUOTE]
Phone calls are made collect or with phonecards. There are no exorbitant charges for phone calls. Anyone can put money on a prisoners account, send them stuff or bring it.

Most, if not all have to pay some kind of victim restitution. Is that what you mean? Supporting families of those they killed or the medical bills. That I can see.

Prisoners get paid. They also get housing, food, clothing, medical care, dental care, movies, cable tv and all premium channels, a full gym, library, computers did I miss anything this scum couldn't afford on minimum wage?

Most, if not all have to pay some kind of victim restitution. Is that what you mean? Supporting families of those they killed or the medical bills. That I can see.

Prisoners get paid. They also get housing, food, clothing, medical care, dental care, movies, cable tv and all premium channels, a full gym, library, computers did I miss anything this scum couldn't afford on minimum wage?

I was referring to those prisoners affected in this link:
Here are Six Companies Who Get Rich off Prisoners - attn

Please read it and reply accordingly!

Claptrap. Almost total claptrap. Asset forfeiture is the only thing even close to factual. The rest is all BS.

You didn't even read the link....

There should be a video game about a joint United Nations NATO Task Force taking down a corrupt prison CEO!
Judge Dredd is a movie about a good cop taking down corrupt cops, and putting down the scum of society. Then there is always Robocop, again about a good cop, but he takes down an evil CEO.

Crazy. Spiderman took down an evil CEO too. Come to think of it, The Lorax published in 1971 took down an evil CEO too. It's almost like this issue has been brought up before :p

Judge Dredd is a movie about a good cop taking down corrupt cops, and putting down the scum of society. Then there is always Robocop, again about a good cop, but he takes down an evil CEO.

Crazy. Spiderman took down an evil CEO too. Come to think of it, The Lorax published in 1971 took down an evil CEO too. It's almost like this issue has been brought up before :p

Watching people try to catch up hurts my brain.

Here are Six Companies Who Get Rich off Prisoners - attn

Is this ethical? How long will this be allowed to continue?

There is a huge link between Criminals and Lack of Education. Who/what party cuts education funding again lol?
Prisons in America usually just create better criminals, they get educated in prison, but what they learn is mostly how to fight and survive - rather than how to become productive members of society.

That's why the prisons keep filling up, and there is no change over, as the criminals are back again in a few months.

Forum List

Back