Sir Victor Uwaifo Is Dead

BrotherOppa

Aug 28, 2021
Reports just filtered in that popular Musical Legend, Prof. Sir Victor Uwaifo (M.O.N) is dead.

Sir Victor Efosa Uwaifo born in Benin City , Edo State, Nigeria on the 1st of March 1941 died at the age of 80. He his popularly known by his stage name "Guitar Boy".

He is recognized as the most educated performing music legend, he his also a writer, sculptor, a musical instrument inventor, A University lecturer in the Department of Fine and Applied Arts at the University of Benin, Benin City.

Legendary singer and guitarist, Sir Victor Uwaifo is dead.

A close source to the family confirmed this to The Nation on Saturday.

The source said he died after a brief illness.

The ‘Guitar boy’ as he was fondly called celebrated his 80th birthday in March.

Uwaifo is also the first professional musicians to be awarded with the National Merit Honours of Member of the Order of the Niger (MON).

He was also the first Commissioner for Arts, Culture and Tourism in Nigeria.

Its crazy how much talent is in Africa that we never hear about over here in the Black community. We have to do better building a bridge.

Not to get a race argument going, but blacks in America have more in common with a white guy from Alabama than an actual African.

It's just true.

The term African-American is probably one of the most misused terms in the American lexicon.

There's very, very, very, very few genuine African-Americans in the United States.

Reason I mention it is because you're right, blacks don't hear about Africans. There's a very real cultural divide. The reason being is precisely what I said.

And that goes for pretty much all of the hyphenated Americans.

Not to get a race argument going, but blacks in America have more in common witt a white guy from Alabama than an actual African.

It's just true.
I would disagree. The bond between me and my Eritrean, Kenyan, and Toganian friends is something I would never have with a white person. There is an ancient connection we just don't have with whites that we do with Africans. Our music and culinary habits reflect this also.

I would disagree. The bond between me and my Eritrean, Kenyan, and Toganian friends is something I would never have with a white person. There is an ancient connection we just don't have with whites that we do with Africans. Our music and culinary habits reflect this also.

It's an interesting topic. But you know as well as I do how that would go.

• Banned
It's an interesting topic. But you know as well as I do how that would go.
Thanks for your inputs.

Forum List

Back