Sir John A. Macdonald statue toppled in Hamilton park after hundreds attend rally, march

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Police sat around to watch while scratching their asses. Money well spent on some good O.T to watch the first P.M be toppled.

Also, no social distancing or mask wearing was required. Hey, protesting is different! Everyone knows that covid doesn't go after the woke.

Police estimated that about 200 people attended the rally and march. No one was injured as the statue fell, the release said.

"Due to the size of the crowd, police remained on scene to monitor the event," police said in the release.

According to police, the crowd dispersed from Gore Park at 3 p.m. local time. Police said they remained on the scene as they waited for city staff to remove the statue.

Organizers call July decision 'disturbing'​

In a letter issued before the rally, organizers said council's decision was "deeply disturbing" to Indigenous people.

"The purpose of a statue is to assert, promote and celebrate cultural values. By keeping this statue in a public space, it acts as a reminder of the values that lead to the forcible removal of Indigenous children and the destruction of families. It invokes great pain and forces community members to relive the trauma for which Sir John A. Macdonald is partially responsible," the letter stated.

"Removal of the statue provides an opportunity for city council to demonstrate that Indigenous voices are being listened to. It is time to take meaningful action. Removal also demonstrates that, while our history cannot be changed, we as a community now promote different values.

I've never advocated for this before but I think everyone needs to just get out there and take down statues, memorials and murals they don't like including ones of MLK, George Floyd, Obama, BLM etc.

Why not? one side get's away with it all the time without fear of reprisal so therefore it must be OK.

Don't like something? no problem, pull it down.

In this new society it seems if you don't like something then you've got the right of way and your feelings given priority.

Taken to his end conclusion Universities that teach CRT and have loads of hard left teachers will get blown up too but the people who start the ball rolling never consider the end point so it's fine and if they don't like the sound of that? then great. Stop the madness now then and things go back to normal.

A question from a U.S.A. citizen. What do they have against him?. From my old school days studies he seemed to be a decent leader, some one who came from working class level to help create and lead the nation of Canada.

A question from a U.S.A. citizen. What do they have against him?. From my old school days studies he seemed to be a decent leader, some one who came from working class level to help create and lead the nation of Canada.

Apparently he was quoted making a racist comment about the indigenous people in Canada and being ruled by new settlers. As our first P.M he was of course excited about the premise of oppressing the native citizens, like all powerful Europeans of his time were apt to engage in. We despise them today, for their time it was his way to power.

If we measured and cancelled people by their independent instances of words, and even in some cases the actions they've taken, there wouldn't be many contributing in society.

Last edited:
Apparently he was quoted making a racist comment about the indigenous people in Canada and being ruled by new settlers. As our first P.M he was of course excited about the premise of oppressing the native citizens, like all powerful Europeans of his time were apt to engage in. We despise them today, for their time it was his way to power.

If we measured and cancelled people by their independent instances of words, and even in some cases the actions they've taken, there wouldn't be many contributing in society.
And he was right...the native savage is repugnant in many ways. No different from our own.

In this new society it seems if you don't like something then you've got the right of way and your feelings given priority.
Except the reality is this isn't at all about their stated goals. Anyone who needs proof can just pull down a statue that offends them and the Left will see to it they are charged with a "hate crime". Our DC cabal is floating the idea of punishing the unvaccinated by literally taking away their freedom of movement and association by blocking them from interstate travel. I've been wondering which step will light the fuse and THIS one may do the trick.
If they use Feds to enforce such checkpoints or roadblocks there will eventually be violence and I suspect the DC thugs will launch war on them then. It's becoming more clear every day that they will not stop until they have the excuse they need to go full authoritarian, troops and all...

And he was right...the native savage is repugnant in many ways. No different from our own.
My father-in-law was a technical trouble-shooter for Massey Harris, later, Massey Ferguson, and traveled the midwest a lot. He once told me about a guy he met in Canada that was complaining about some annoyance from the indigenous and he offered to swap U.S. blacks for the indigenous. Yeah... he was a bit of a racist and he just reflected the beliefs of his generation.
BTW, they could never work out the details on the deal so it was dropped, LOL

My father-in-law was a technical trouble-shooter for Massey Harris, later, Massey Ferguson, and traveled the midwest a lot. He once told me about a guy he met in Canada that was complaining about some annoyance from the indigenous and he offered to swap U.S. blacks for the indigenous. Yeah... he was a bit of a racist and he just reflected the beliefs of his generation.
BTW, they could never work out the details on the deal so it was dropped, LOL
LOL! That doesn't sound like a half bad deal. I'll take a drunk indian over a sober black any day of the week.

Forum List

Back