Simple Question: Did we (USA) win Iraq War?

Did We Win the Iraq War

• Yes

Votes: 32 46.4%
  • No

Votes: 37 53.6%

• Total voters

CrusaderFrank

Diamond Member
May 20, 2009
Iraq War “To Do” List
1. Defeat Iraqi Military
2. Overrun Baghdad
3. Capture Saddam
4. Begin Martial Law
5. Defeat Insurgency
6. Facilitate Elections
7. Establish New Currency
8. Establish New Constitution
9. Establish Fair Markets
10. Rebuild infrastructure

10 for 10. Chalk it up for the Good Guys.

Horsecrap, CF. Basic services, including electricity, are at pre-war levels and it has been six years. The second we are out of there, Iraq will ally with Iran. I truly believe that was not part of Bush's plan.

Women's rights in Iraq, check.

How the US Erase Women’s Rights in Iraq

Religious freedom the Christian people in Iraq, check.

Iraq: Christian Population Dwindling Due To Threats, Attacks - Radio Free Europe / Radio Liberty © 2009

The new constitution in Iraq, check.

Full Text of Iraqi Constitution - washingtonpost.com

Article 2:

First: Islam is the official religion of the State and it is a fundamental source of legislation:

A. No law that contradicts the established provisions of Islam may be established.

Article 3:

(Iraq is a country of many nationalities, religions and sects and is a founding and active member of the Arab League and is committed to its covenant. Iraq is a part of the Islamic world.)

-----------

I believe the right in this country finds Iraq a close friend and an incredible success. Good Job Republicans. This is what happens when you guys are in charge.

Still waiting for all the right wingers to come along and explain this incredible success. Now they're talking about all the new places we should be dropping bombs.

Still waiting for all the right wingers to come along and explain this incredible success. Now they're talking about all the new places we should be dropping bombs.

LOL Obama is in charge not the Republicans, you may want to check on who is talking war.

Iraq War “To Do” List
1. Defeat Iraqi Military
2. Overrun Baghdad
3. Capture Saddam
4. Begin Martial Law
5. Defeat Insurgency
6. Facilitate Elections
7. Establish New Currency
8. Establish New Constitution
9. Establish Fair Markets
10. Rebuild infrastructure

10 for 10. Chalk it up for the Good Guys.
11. Rid the world of Saddam's massive arsenal of Weapons of Mass Destruction

oops!

Why did we go to Iraq before the job was done in Afghanistan? Why did we prosecute destruction in Afghanistan for going on eight years now and should Afghanistan fall to Al Qaeda it's all Obama's fault? Who ran that war for seven of those eight years and why isn't he accountable?

And was nation building our mandate for war in Iraq? The yardstick you provide shows seven points for nation building and only three for warfare.

Horsecrap, CF. Basic services, including electricity, are at pre-war levels and it has been six years. The second we are out of there, Iraq will ally with Iran. I truly believe that was not part of Bush's plan.

Facts are not your friend

Iraq's Electricity Production Surpasses Prewar Level

Electricity rationing still occurs in Iraq, despite increased energy production
February 19, 2009

BAGHDAD -- The amount of power generated in Iraq is higher than it was before the end of the reign of leader Saddam Hussein in 2003, RFE/RL's Radio Free Iraq reports.

Electricity Minister Karim Wahid said in Babil Province on February 18 that the country's power output has reached 6,760 megawatts, some 2,500 megawatts more than the amount being generated in 2003 before the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq.

Wahid added that the country will get a substantial increase in power this summer when several large energy-producing projects will be finished and provide an additional 2,000 megawatts.

Wahid said the government's recent budget cuts due to the fall in oil prices will not affect the Electricity Ministry's plans.

Despite the increased energy, there is still an electricity shortage in Iraq. Electricity rationing still occurs, including in the capital, Baghdad.

Iraq's Electricity Production Surpasses Prewar Level - Radio Free Europe / Radio Liberty © 2009

Electricity
Expanding Access to Electricity

In 2002 Baghdad had access to electricity on a near continuous basis while the rest of Iraq was limited to 3 to 6 hours daily. The U.S. government has made significant progress in improving electricity supply in Iraq and distributing it more equitably throughout the country. USAID recently completed its three-year, $2.3 billion Iraq Infrastructure Reconstruction Program. Through its overall program, USAID has added 1,292 megawatts of electric generating capacity to Iraq's power grid, serving over 7 million Iraqis.

USAID: Assistance for Iraq - Accomplishments: Electricity

Wow The lessons of Vietnam still stand, Libruls still calling the war for the enemy. Thank God they no longer have a media monopoly! They tried their best, but in the end, the good guys won

We won, just fucking deal with it. You can post all the lies and bullshit about electricity, infrastructure and women's rights (Was a trip to the Rape Room one of the Rights they lost post invasion?) The simple fact is we went in and we won.

With the exception of applying meaningful pressure on Iran (thanks to Jihadist supporters at State Dept and in Congress aka: Democrats) we hit all our strategic objective! That's calling winning!!

We trained up the ISF to be the most lethal force in the Middle East probably including the IDF (sorry, Israel, you better do more than just show up next time). As proof I offer the ass kicking inflicting at Basra on Dems favorite son in the area: Mooky Al Sadr (where did he disappear to?) and their Iranian proxies.

Dem LOVE calling it for the enemy. It's like breathing for them.

Last edited:
To the 7 fucking morons who voted no, please tell define how we lost

Up to 8 fucking morons now. What should President Obama to to put it in the Win Column in your Inverted 180 degree backwards Bizzaroland world view?

Don't be a pussy your entire life, I intentionally made the poll anonymous...tell me why you think we lost, let's hear your "ideas"

Bump to see if anyone on the Left magically grew a sac overnight and feels like giving specific answers.

Maybe you should consult Sonia's Sotomayor, I hear she has a wise Latina vagina.

This thread is NOT going away! I will bump it everyday until you start putting answers behind saying how it is we lost Iraq. It will nag at your frail sensibilities until you can't take it any more and come on here to post: Booooshhhh! We hates it! Hates him my Precious! He stole the precious election! He liessssss about WMD, precious!

Thank you.

Last edited:
Bump to see if anyone on the Left magically grew a sac overnight and feels like giving specific answers.

Maybe you should consult Sonia's Sotomayor, I hear she has a wise Latina vagina.

This thread is NOT going away! I will bump it everyday until you start putting answers behind saying how it is we lost Iraq. It will nag at your frail sensibilities until you can't take it any more and come on here to post: Booooshhhh! We hates it! Hates him my Precious! He stole the precious election! He liessssss about WMD, precious!

Thank you.
try decaf.

Yeah, we won big time!

We won 4,000 dead U.S. troops.

We won close to a trillion dollars in debt (thank you Communist China!).

We won the obligation to keep U.S. forces in yet another foreign country forever.

We won the undying admiration of our good friends the Saudis for relieiving them of their biggest threat.

Sorry my liberal friends, we won the war in Iraq, to late to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

If you feel cheated, no worries, from what I've seen from the new C-in-C, you'll have a U.S. defeat to celebrate in short order.

There should be enough room to cross out Bush and scribble in Obama on the party hats but Afghanistan is going to be a tight squeeze where Iraq was on the banners and flags...just write small.

Maybe you should break down and sign onto victory with the rest of us, get Obama to pull his head out of his six and listen to the General HE APPOINTED.

Is this what victory looks like in the 21st century? We have to ponder whether or not we actually won? It's already too much to take pondering whether or not we should have even fought the fight!

Thanks, idiot Bush and those who carried water for his idiocy! Because we went uninvited into Iraq, we may now lose the war we should have fought and decisively won.

"MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!"

In order to say that we won the war, we need to decide if the original goals set forth at the beginning of the war have been accomplished.

What were those goals?

Forum List

Back