Simone Biles

24/7 coverage of a quiter.
I get that she has to make the best decision for herself but elevating her to near hero status is ridiculous.
No surprise the right wing haters are ripping her for dropping. Even you calling her a quitter are part of the problem. So naturally people are going to stand up for her and push back against those trying to smear her. If she had broken her ankle would you be calling her a quitter?

It’s a great example of how the wingnuts push eachother to take everything to ridiculous extremes. And the media laughs as they cash their checks

She is legally obligated but beyond that she has no reason to force herself to perform for your pleasure.
If any dollar of taxpayers money went into anything she did, I say different. Either way it does not matter anymore. We are going down as a nation. We went to paying people because the East Block Communist nations paid their athletes and made big time inroads in world sports events and Olympics. Now we are corrupted in many of the sports events. I could not care less if she was a near pure amateur. She is not anymoreThe pure political propaganda we now live with by our Pravda media has given creadence to what is said. If she had any doubts others were denied positions because of them. It is like me believing Joe Scarborough is a Republican. He sure sounds like he is left of left on his TV program. But damn, 20 years a go he was an up and coming Repub from a more right of center area that had a lot of people on his bandwagon. Then a woman died in his office with no murderer found.

On occasion I have to tell a customer I can't do something because I lack the skill or that I don't have confidence that I can do it to their satisfaction.
That is called being honest and having integrity. I have even walked off of a few jobs because of expectations that I know could not be met
I was in agreement with you right through here. I even applaud the sentiments and ideals noted here.
How have we come to the point that our expectations are so low that we celebrate someone's lack of confidence?
Her athletics is her job. That is the career she chose
It’s not a celebration of lack of confidence. It’s a celebration of common sense, good judgement, and an understanding that Ms Biles will have a life AFTER and OUTSIDE gymnastics. The potential dangers of her continued competition far outweighed her desire to win another gold medal. We should applaud her for that.

Her competition career was effectively over either way due to her age. The only real question is whether or not she damaged her "brand" in the way this went down. I think she probably has because at first it was her "ankle" and then it was her "mental health". She'll still be able to make a nice living. She just won't have the same gravitas. Instead of being The Greatest of All Time like she bills herself, she will just be The Best For a Short Period of Time.
That’s not true at all. She still owns moves that nobody else can do and dominates her sport like nobody has ever done. Nothing has changed. Did Tiger lose his status because he got in a car wreck?

When she leaves the sport she will have nothing to cash in but her legacy, which is now
tarnished and soiled. The people who stupidly say she owes America and the sport nothing
don't have to live the rest of their lives with this stain on their resume.

It's easy for fools with nothing to lose to run their mouths.

So who held a gun to her head to become an elite gymnast?

I'd say she's been more than adequately compensated for her efforts and this is the flip side of adulation
when Biles just packs it in saying her head isn't right, or whatever the weak rational was, and
everyone is wondering what is going on.

Surely this person who did "train mercilessly" for years wouldn't just throw that all away at the
Olympics because she didn't feel right.
I'm hoping for her sake that there is something she cannot reveal because this is not how a champion
goes out.
This is how a weakling leaves the international Olympic scene. She is the anti-Kerri Shrug.
You have no idea what you’re talking about and no clue what it takes to pull off the moves she pulls off. If her head, concentration and awareness is not polished and sharp she risks serious injury. Even if she were to just go for it anyway she wouldn’t pull off her routines. You need absolute confidence to stick moves. Don’t be a judgmental ass about things you know nothing about

Surely this person who did "train mercilessly" for years wouldn't just throw that all away at the
Olympics because she didn't feel right.

How do you land a back flip onto a 4 in balance beam if you don’t “feel right”

A golfer who doesn’t feel right might miss a putt
A gymnast who doesn’t feel right could be killed or crippled

Anyone who has seen the Movie Rush knows the story. Nikki Lauda withdrew from the Tokyo Grand Prix because he felt it wasn’t safe. The extreme rain made visibility essentially non existent. Because of his decision James Hunt won the Championship.

To this day the decision is controversial. There are those who say that Lauda let the team down. He was the driver but the team without which no driver can race was betrayed.

There are those who say withdrawing was courageous. Despite the pressure to perform he went with his own beliefs.

It is curious though. On one hand we tell our children to resist peer pressure. But when someone does resist that pressure we denigrate them.

We demand conformity while encouraging individuality. Isn’t that a little hypocritical?

Is your Son courageous for resisting Peer Pressure to get involved in drugs? Is your Daughter a strong young woman resisting the pressure to have sex before she is ready? Or are they betraying their friends and peers? Cowards who stand alone?

I don’t know why Simone withdrew. It could not have been an easy choice. I am willing to give her the benefit of the doubt and believe she felt it was necessary. Perhaps she can’t explain it well.

But like Nikki Lauda she had to make the decision she could live with. The one that was right for her. Why not point to her and tell your children that this young woman resisted peer pressure to compete in dangerous events when the whole world demanded she perform?

Why not use her example to help your own children resist the peer pressure that will be a fraction of what Simone felt but may be overwhelming to them? Why not sit your Daughter down and say you see. You don’t have to do anything you don’t feel comfortable doing. Follow your heart. Why not point to Simone and tell your Son. When someone wants you to do something dangerous. You do what you believe is right. Unless you think that girl is more man than you are.

You might save them from a mistake. You might save their lives. You might save them from a life altering injury.

Or you can teach them the lesson that everyone is counting on you and you can’t let them down.

It’s your kid. You do what you want.

I was in agreement with you right through here. I even applaud the sentiments and ideals noted here.

It’s not a celebration of lack of confidence. It’s a celebration of common sense, good judgement, and an understanding that Ms Biles will have a life AFTER and OUTSIDE gymnastics. The potential dangers of her continued competition far outweighed her desire to win another gold medal. We should applaud her for that.
When the media spends more time talking about her than the actual achievements of the others something is drastically wrong. The Olympics and coverage of them isn't supposed to be a therapy session. It is to celebrate the achievements of those who perform at their peak.
Covering her withdrawal is one thing. Exalting it is another entirely.
She went to compete. That was her only goal. For reasons only she knows she failed in achieving her goal.
Cover it and move on to those more deserving of the limelight

When the media spends more time talking about her than the actual achievements of the others something is drastically wrong. The Olympics and coverage of them isn't supposed to be a therapy session. It is to celebrate the achievements of those who perform at their peak.
Covering her withdrawal is one thing. Exalting it is another entirely.
She went to compete. That was her only goal. For reasons only she knows she failed in achieving her goal.
Cover it and move on to those more deserving of the limelight
The media isn’t covering Simone more than the others. What news outlets are you watching?

Yes it’s a big story and being talked about but it’s not all consuming

Jesus people?

She's in a sport where she does flips and twists 20 feet in the air.

If she can't tell up from down, not only is she NOT going to do well, she's going to get seriously hurt?

And what the fuck is it to you anyway?

And oh yea...as a result of this an alternate took her place...AND WON GOLD!!

Anyone who has seen the Movie Rush knows the story. Nikki Lauda withdrew from the Tokyo Grand Prix because he felt it wasn’t safe. The extreme rain made visibility essentially non existent. Because of his decision James Hunt won the Championship.

To this day the decision is controversial. There are those who say that Lauda let the team down. He was the driver but the team without which no driver can race was betrayed.

There are those who say withdrawing was courageous. Despite the pressure to perform he went with his own beliefs.

It is curious though. On one hand we tell our children to resist peer pressure. But when someone does resist that pressure we denigrate them.

We demand conformity while encouraging individuality. Isn’t that a little hypocritical?

Is your Son courageous for resisting Peer Pressure to get involved in drugs? Is your Daughter a strong young woman resisting the pressure to have sex before she is ready? Or are they betraying their friends and peers? Cowards who stand alone?

I don’t know why Simone withdrew. It could not have been an easy choice. I am willing to give her the benefit of the doubt and believe she felt it was necessary. Perhaps she can’t explain it well.

But like Nikki Lauda she had to make the decision she could live with. The one that was right for her. Why not point to her and tell your children that this young woman resisted peer pressure to compete in dangerous events when the whole world demanded she perform?

Why not use her example to help your own children resist the peer pressure that will be a fraction of what Simone felt but may be overwhelming to them? Why not sit your Daughter down and say you see. You don’t have to do anything you don’t feel comfortable doing. Follow your heart. Why not point to Simone and tell your Son. When someone wants you to do something dangerous. You do what you believe is right. Unless you think that girl is more man than you are.

You might save them from a mistake. You might save their lives. You might save them from a life altering injury.

Or you can teach them the lesson that everyone is counting on you and you can’t let them down.

It’s your kid. You do what you want.
I dont remember demanding she perform.......in fact wasnt she instantly lauded...try to be honest

That’s not true at all. She still owns moves that nobody else can do and dominates her sport like nobody has ever done. Nothing has changed. Did Tiger lose his status because he got in a car wreck?

Tiger woods lost a ton of sponsors in his fall from grace. The most recent car wreck happened when he was already down. There are lots of old gymnasts you never hear of who "owns" their move. It consists of all the ones named after yesterday's competitors. Sponsors will let her wither on the vine so not be seen as deserting the black woman in her time of crisis. She, however, will take a hit.

She is being defended from the gutless sacks of feces who would have a 24 year old young woman put her entire future on the line for momentary glory. That’s disgusting.
Or she could be a coward who was afraid to stand up to Black Lies Matter harassment

Tiger woods lost a ton of sponsors in his fall from grace. The most recent car wreck happened when he was already down. There are lots of old gymnasts you never hear of who "owns" their move. It consists of all the ones named after yesterday's competitors. Sponsors will let her wither on the vine so not be seen as deserting the black woman in her time of crisis. She, however, will take a hit.
Tiger had just won a masters and was making a huge comeback. You obviously don’t follow golf and you obviously don’t know a thing about gymnastics. Do everybody a favor and stick to what you know.

She's in a sport where she does flips and twists 20 feet in the air.
Twenty feet in the air? :icon_rolleyes: Really?
If she can't tell up from down, not only is she NOT going to do well, she's going to get seriously hurt?

And what the fuck is it to you anyway?

And oh yea...as a result of this an alternate took her place...AND WON GOLD!!
“Physically, I feel good,” she told Hoda Kotb in an exclusive interview after her withdrawal. “Emotionally, it varies on the time and moment. Coming to the Olympics and being head star isn’t an easy feat.”
From NBC. Biles isn't even claiming her body is being abused and wrecked.
It isn't! Your drama queen bullshit is amazing. Now she can't tell "up from down"?

I don't even think I can call you a liar. I think you actually believe the trash you post.

Last edited:
Simone Biles was heard telling her teammates that Black Lives Matter activists threatened to cancel her if she did not protest the national anthem. She supported BLM, but did not want to protest.
This is disgusting, frightening and may explain a lot and it fits in with what I've posted: we do
not know what actually caused Simone Biles to drop out of competition.

BLM turns everything they are involved with into shit.

Forum List

Back