Simone Bails

Let's say she never steps foot on another mat or never hops on another balance beam, so what? Her legacy is already etched in stone, she will go down in the history books as one of the greatest of all time in her sport.

She'll just be a retired legend then, even though she's still very young, hanging out with the other old time gymnasts like Olga and Nadia who were hot shit in their time too.

Sure, she'll still be in the record books, but the fans of the sport will be looking at the new champion

She'll just be a retired legend then, even though she's still very young, hanging out with the other old time gymnasts like Olga and Nadia who were hot shit in their time too.

Sure, she'll still be in the record books, but the fans of the sport will be looking at the new champion
Hey that's the sports world you can stop on top forever.

And she will land a very high paying job coaching at a major university. At least a few more years of commercials and endorsements, and most likely some brand of gymnastics equipment that will pay off for decades to come.

“For the people who feel like you practiced your entire life and now this is the major moment, this is what I want them to understand,” Rose said. “Michael Jordan won three championships and lost his father. And took two years of a mental health break, he was an adult playing in the NBA. The GOAT already.”
Here is the big obvious difference: Michael Jordan clearly left at the end of a season and made it known he was going away before hand.
If only Simone Biles did her team the same courtesy.

I am not sure if I buy this claim that the gymnasts "twisties," is legitimate. I present the challenge that it might be an innuendo to marijuana use.

This article suggsts that a similar condition has been noticed in older golfers, who lose the ability to putt properly, and I heard last night, that baseball pitcher, Jon Lester, experienced "yips," and could not throw the baseball properly to first base.

It happened to the great Arnold Palmer when he was in his mid-40s. Putting yips often happen to wristy putters, and Arnie had a wristy putting stroke that worked really well throughout most of his career. But then Arnie got the yips. He would take his stance to hit the ball with his putter, and he kept standing there as if he couldn’t draw the club back. Then, when he did swing his putter club back and forward at the ball, he gouged at it as if he was trying to kill a snake with a machete! Everyone who watched it felt so sorry for Arnie. And Arnie–he just felt embarrassed.

The yips[edit]​

Lester has had well-documented problems throwing the ball to first base, normally a routine task for a professional pitcher. This is a phenomenon known as the yips. In 2015, it was noted that Lester had not attempted a pickoff for more than one year, before creating wild throws in his latest attempts.[64] In 2018, it was reported that Lester tried to get around his problems by bouncing his throws to first base.[65]

Although, I have never heard of these conditions before, and not finding much history for it. It is surprising that the gymnasts have a different name for it. I am wondering if Ms. Biles may have been set-up. I believe that the woman that was barred from the Olympics was a warning to Biles.

Simone Biles should never have entered the Olympics this time. She's 24. Go out on top. Now she will ever be known as a self obsessed loser.

I don't necessarily believe she will forever be remembered as a loser, but she will definitely be remembered for what has happened here.

I think it comes down to whether she was in control of her mind and body or not. If she couldn't control her own mind and body then she had no business doing those ridiculously dangerous acrobatic moves that the rest of can't even conceive doing even when we were 24. Fellow and former gymnasts have commented on how risky that is.

She couldn’t pinpoint anything, really. She met with doctors every day here. She had two sessions a day with sports psychologists. Some went well. Some she could barely muster an answer. She was frustrated. Humiliated even.

Biles herself:

“I kind of felt embarrassed with myself,” she said. “... My problem was, why were my body and my mind [not] in sync? And that’s what I couldn’t wrap my head around. What happened? Was I tired? Where did the wires not connect?

“I trained my whole life, I was physically ready, I was fine and then this happens,” Biles said. “Something that was so out of my control.”

So, is she lying? Upon what do you base that conclusion? If anyone is stupid enough to believe she did any of this on purpose then it's clearly a case of wanting to believe something bad about somebody else without cause or reason to fit your own narrative or worldview. At 24, this is presumably her last Olympics, and you think she deliberately avoided competition? It's sad IMHO that there are people like that in this world, regardless of their politics.

I think it comes down to whether she was in control of her mind and body or not. If she couldn't control her own mind and body then she had no business doing those ridiculously dangerous acrobatic moves that the rest of can't even conceive doing even when we were 24. Fellow and former gymnasts have commented on how risky that is.

She couldn’t pinpoint anything, really. She met with doctors every day here. She had two sessions a day with sports psychologists. Some went well. Some she could barely muster an answer. She was frustrated. Humiliated even.

Biles herself:

“I kind of felt embarrassed with myself,” she said. “... My problem was, why were my body and my mind [not] in sync? And that’s what I couldn’t wrap my head around. What happened? Was I tired? Where did the wires not connect?

“I trained my whole life, I was physically ready, I was fine and then this happens,” Biles said. “Something that was so out of my control.”

So, is she lying? Upon what do you base that conclusion? If anyone is stupid enough to believe she did any of this on purpose then it's clearly a case of wanting to believe something bad about somebody else without cause or reason to fit your own narrative or worldview. At 24, this is presumably her last Olympics, and you think she deliberately avoided competition? It's sad IMHO that there are people like that in this world, regardless of their politics.
You are sad that people know when it is time not to do something that may injure themselves, you are a nutzi...

You are sad that people know when it is time not to do something that may injure themselves, you are a nutzi...

Anyone in the gymnastics racket has to realize they may injure themselves.

The difference here is that Ms. Biles lost her nerve, and could not perform last week.

Actually, the broad made the smart move, if she doesn't have the confidence any more she should sit down and let others continue.

Japan made her ADHD illegal, or it always has been in Japan. So for Biles to enter competition without the thing that makes it possible for her to compete is really crazy.

And her drugs give Simone a huge advantage in all other meets and competitions because she can focus
on her business with a laser beam intensity.

So her drugs give her a leg up. Now they taketh away. Competing in Japan wasn't such a good idea.

New Topics

Forum List

Back