Simone Bails

Unlike her notoriety and career earnings, most of her teammates will now not have a gold medal to help them obtain endorsements and such. They will never have this opportunity again.
Notoriety? Career earnings in amateur athletics? In most events it is fleeting at best and as it should be. All athletes should have post amateur sport career plans, based on something other than amateur sports prowess and achievement.

But YOU won't be remembered for doing ANYTHING at all EVER.
Roger that. I have no problem with that, as a player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more. The graveyards across the planet are filled with those, that just went about doing what they did and then only remembered by family members they actually impacted. Does the thought bother you, personally? Good luck to you in attaining your immortal goals, that you not be a loser in death, as all are eventually to simply be losers of life. I'm good.

Mental strength is as important as physical strength, especially at that level. You can blame it on the media all you want. The mental weakness was hers. A couple of years from now, she won't be remembered as anything in sports, one way or the other.

Without question. It's that connection between the body and the willpower to succeed. In the NHL the term "skill vs will" is often brought up. You either rise to the ocassion and embrace the challenge of defeating your opponents and sacrificing it all or, you fail.

Now for one of my patented stories. When wresting in high school, the ref brought us to the middle to begin the match and then left us there some reason to find a whistle or something.

Myself and a rather well built competitor, certainly more muscular than me, were standing in the middle of the ring, just staring at one another. An honest to God stare-down before our match, and neither of us were flinching.

There were fans sitting around and you could hear the whispers. Quite funny thinking back to it now. It continued for two solid minutes. He then looked over at his teammate and smirked as in "I've got this chump". I immediately knew this guy was mine and the outcome ended up being as I had hoped. His look away was the mental queue I needed, consciously or not; to fuel my belief that I would win.

I realize this isn't even close to the level of pressure or mental strength she needs. I can tell you though, when wrestling half naked in trunks, with T.V cameras on and female spectators (it was at my home school which added to this), it was definitely an extremely personal and pressure-filled situation to win or lose to an opponent. I've been on both sides.

Last edited:
Notoriety? Career earnings in amateur athletics? In most events it is fleeting at best and as it should be. All athletes should have post amateur sport career plans, based on something other than amateur sports prowess and achievement.
Oh, please.

Michael Phelps has a net worth of around $80,000,000. Scott Hamilton has a net worth of around $30,000,000. In 2015, prior to becoming Caitlyn, Bruce Jenner had amassed a fortune of $100,000,000. What do they all have in common?

Each won Olympic gold...

As I understand it, players are rewarded financially for a gold medal. There is also the vital endorsements.

In Canada, you can pick up an endorsement or two as a bronze or silver athlete. I'm not sure about now, but in the past, you HAD to win gold to attain such endorsements.

If you don't believe me:

Simone Biles’ net worth in 2021 (estimate): $6 million

When the entirety of a nation is all eyes on a 24 year old girl for perfection, yeah, you can only take so much. None of us will ever know that pressure.

Sure but when you market yourself as the Greatest of All Time, part of your wounds are self-inflicted. Now, she will be known as the girl who bolted when it mattered most.

Its great that a bunch of fat old fucks can explain the pressure on modern athletes. I feel really empowered by the information you guys have given me.

What's funny is you calling anyone a fat old fuck, fat fck.

If her head isn't right it's senseless to continue

Mental strength is as important as physical strength, especially at that level. You can blame it on the media all you want. The mental weakness was hers. A couple of years from now, she won't be remembered as anything in sports, one way or the other.
Same goes for the Olympic torch bearer, Naomi Osaka, who lost to a pretty average Czech player in her
third match and then blamed "mental pressure" for her loss.

I started a thread in Sports about how this half Japanese interloper, Osaka, who can't speak Japanese
or who has ever resided in Japan, simply was placed ahead of all the other Japanese athletes for
that honor of being torch bearer in Tokyo.

Imagine how they all feel now, if they weren't angered at the snub before.

I've been following sports of all kinds for decades and have never seen "mental stress"
cited so much as it is today. Fallout from the woke ideology.
People aren't looking for ways to win anymore. They are rationalizing why they lose.

Its great that a bunch of fat old fucks can explain the pressure on modern athletes. I feel really empowered by the information you guys have given me.

That's the sport. If she has mental issues than maybe it's time to hang them up and let a new breed right to the occasion.

Sports is pressure. If you can't do it, fine, bow out. How can she be trusted going forward? There are alot of peoples lives who are impacted when you don't have the top talent in place. Just look at Canada economy for example...

Do it or don't. Criticism will follow, but it's not malicious for the most part. It's basically stating, "if you can't do it, you can't do it. Let's stop the narrative and fill her spot next time".

She has the right to leave if she can't handle it. Comparitivelty speaking though, this isn't pressure. Being a single mother who has been evicted is pressure. Being in a war and shot at from God knows where is pressure. Trying to make ends meet month to month is pressure.

Life is pressure. Without judging her, I'm sure her teammates and coaches wishes she would have dealt with this before the Olympics, not during...

Oh, please.

Michael Phelps has a net worth of around $80,000,000. Scott Hamilton has a net worth of around $30,000,000. In 2015, prior to becoming Caitlyn, Bruce Jenner had amassed a fortune of $100,000,000. What do they all have in common?

Each won Olympic gold...
Exception, not the rule.

Coming from you, no comment needed.

I'm sure YOU know what it's like to compete internationally as an athlete. Right? :icon_rolleyes:

Everyone chokes at times. Just ask the English football squad.

When the entirety of a nation is all eyes on a 24 year old girl for perfection, yeah, you can only take so much. None of us will ever know that pressure.
She courted the “attention”. It had nothing to do with the public expecting “perfection” and everything to do with her choking on her woke politics. She has herself and the media to blame.

Pressure is a privilege, said Billie Jean King, who should know about competing at the highest levels there are
with money, fame and prestige all on the line.

Simply walking away after a loss blaming "mental stress" is a self admission that you don't have what it
takes. Competing is a physical, mental and emotional commitment.

And I do know about that having competed in national tournaments as a tennis player.
For me, it was my US Open. And the stress was great, if you let it get to you.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back