Simone Bails

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
She'll now be remembered as the girl who cost the American women's gymnastic team the gold medal in Tokyo.

Truly unfortunate, it looks like she let social media get the best of her.

The Boston Globe

Simone Biles cites mental strain for Olympic team final withdrawal: ‘I just never felt like this’​

United States star Simone Biles said her stunning withdrawal from Tuesday’s women’s gymnastics team finals was due to her mental health.

When the entirety of a nation is all eyes on a 24 year old girl for perfection, yeah, you can only take so much. None of us will ever know that pressure.
Yeah...so much pressure...

Just take a mental health day.

The pussification of America continues unabated.

Let me show you one the female Olympic Gymnasts of my generation...

Last edited:
She'll now be remembered as the girl who cost the American women's gymnastic team the gold medal in Tokyo.

Truly unfortunate, it looks like she let social media get the best of her.

The Boston Globe

Simone Biles cites mental strain for Olympic team final withdrawal: ‘I just never felt like this’​

Mental strength is as important as physical strength, especially at that level. You can blame it on the media all you want. The mental weakness was hers. A couple of years from now, she won't be remembered as anything in sports, one way or the other.

I'm not going to discard someones mental issues, that's for her to deal with. I will however, inject my own unwanted opinion on this issue and state that the generation being raised today is mentally weaker than any before them.

Just as my generation was probably weaker than those before me, going back a couple of generations they were certainly mentally tougher than my generation.

There was a term I recall hearing at University about psychology and "manufacturing illness". Sometimes people get pulled 100 directions and they become isolated in listening to the persuasions of others, they read about clinical labels and diagnoses, many which are fluff science. They begin to care about others opinions, they give permission to themselves to be mentality soft.

They have this luxury as they don't have to worry about finding a place to sleep or eat. When you go through really difficult circumstances when younger, you are prepared to confront life no matter the curveballs thrown. Too many today have convenience while being sheltered and having built-in excuses for failure.

Maybe her hunger is gone and she doesn't care enough anymore to win. Not for herself, not for her team or for her country. How many others would love to be in her shoes and would take the bull by the horns with their goal only on winning gold?

it's quite unfortunate.

When the entirety of a nation is all eyes on a 24 year old girl for perfection, yeah, you can only take so much. None of us will ever know that pressure.
I dunno about that. Last time I pulled up to a drive through window the wife and kids took forever to decide what they wanted. A long line of cars behind us were all beeping their horns. Now THAT is a lot of pressure.

Mental strength is as important as physical strength, especially at that level. You can blame it on the media all you want. The mental weakness was hers. A couple of years from now, she won't be remembered as anything in sports, one way or the other.

Unlike her notoriety and career earnings, most of her teammates will now not have a gold medal to help them obtain endorsements and such. They will never have this opportunity again.

But YOU won't be remembered for doing ANYTHING at all EVER.

That's plainly not true.there is no entirety of a nation's eyes on her. This has been a sparsely watched Olympics as it is. This is the Olympics no one cares about. Except for those who want each and every competitor to make an anti American statement. That pressure must have been tremendous. No doubt the other blacks were demanding her fist in the air moment.

She's still a champion. Nobody knows what she's going through at the moment. Give her space

Fuck that.

When an athlete reaches a certain level, as Biles has, there's no question they're going to be met with an incredible amount of pressure.

But they know that. Biles knew it. If you're not mentally tough enough to handle it, you shouldn't be there, period. I remember once seeing Tiger Woods lose his shit when someone took a picture of him as he started his backswing. Woods stopped and said "C'MON, MAN!! REALLY?"

My take on it is that if you're the best in your field, and a single snap of a camera shutter sends you over the edge, you might not be mentally fit enough to compete.

So, the US Women's Gymnastic Team won the silver. That's good, but not as good as it could've been. It would be a travesty if she, too, were awarded a silver medal. She should either choose to compete and remian in Tokyo, or quit the team, pack her shit and come home...

Fuck that.

When an athlete reaches a certain level, as Biles has, there's no question they're going to be met with an incredible amount of pressure.

But they know that. Biles knew it. If you're not mentally tough enough to handle it, you shouldn't be there, period. I remember once seeing Tiger Woods lose his shit when someone took a picture of him as he started his backswing. Woods stopped and said "C'MON, MAN!! REALLY?"

My take on it is that if you're the best in your field, and a single snap of a camera shutter sends you over the edge, you might not be mentally fit enough to compete.

So, the US Women's Gymnastic Team won the silver. That's good, but not as good as it could've been. It would be a travesty if she, too, were awarded a silver medal. She should either choose to compete and remian in Tokyo, or quit the team, pack her shit and come home...

She has around 30 Olympic and World medals, cameras don't bother her....give the kid a break. Something is in her head

Forum List

Back