Simon Cowell's shows are 'dangerous' and 'cruel', says Annie Lennox

tommywho70x

Rookie
Apr 15, 2010
Simon Cowell's shows are 'dangerous' and 'cruel', says Annie Lennox
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ANI Tuesday 11th May, 2010
(from BigNews Network)
Oscar-winning singer Annie Lennox has blasted Simon Cowell's TV talent shows - labeling the contests 'dangerous' and 'cruel'.

The Eurhythmics star claims she would never like to be a part of the judging panel of shows such as 'American Idol' or Britain's 'The X Factor' because of the devastating effect rejection can have on upcoming singers.

"I think those types of shows are dangerous and cruel - they'll have a long-lasting effect on how people look at music," the Daily Star quoted her as telling Britain's Daily Mail.

"I understand their appeal, but there's no chance I'd ever be a judge. You have a panel of people basically giving you the thumbs up or down, and there's so much more to music than that," she added. (ANI)

Oh please. If someone can't sing then Simon is doing them a favor by telling them they can't before wasting years of their life thinking they can. They never tell someone who's good that they suck.

• Banned
Oh please. If someone can't sing then Simon is doing them a favor by telling them they can't before wasting years of their life thinking they can. They never tell someone who's good that they suck.

maybe. maybe not. bob dylan can't sing. never could. not very good with a guitar either. a good thing they didn't have american idol back then. look what we might have missed if simon had told bobby to go home.

i used to attend cattle calls as an associate producer in actor's equity theater in LA. sat through dozens of dotards doing renditions of songs they shouldn't sing or soliloquies they shouldn't speak.

come to think of it, we never said anything to these people besides thank you --- whether we thought they were great or sucked.

If someone cannot deal with rejection and cruelty then the last thing they should be is a singer, actor, performer, or politician.

Old Annie appeared ON American Idol for the Idol Gives Back charity thingie this year.

Way to take a firm stand, there, Annie! :cuckoo:

More to the point: anybody who goes on that show understands that it is a talent show. They understand that the rejection (if it comes) is VERY public. They elect to take the risk of embarrassment for a reason. Annie needs to lighten the fuck up. America could have "rejected" Carrie Underwood, too. But the girl took her chances and came out on top.

And as somebody already noted, if you happen not to be destined for the possibility of eeking out a living as an entertainer, then maybe the public embarrassment of getting rejected on Idol is actually a damn good thing.

Their ratings have gone down the turd pipe anyway since you couldn't watch Paula making a fool of herself all doped up on pills and booze. Just wait and see them when Simon leaves after this Season. Kara is as dumb as they come. ~BH

Their ratings have gone down the turd pipe anyway since you couldn't watch Paula making a fool of herself all doped up on pills and booze. Just wait and see them when Simon leaves after this Season. Kara is as dumb as they come. ~BH

I don't know how dumb she is, but I think she's kinda cute.
kara-dioguardi-bikini-picture.jpg

Forum List

Back