Silver and gold......really a scam?

Your stockpile of ammo will be degraded in 50 years even under ideal conditions. Ammo in a carried firearm degrades in 1 year. Not useful for trying to store 100's of thousands of dollars worth of wealth. It's also not fire or water proof.

Gold & Silver have been increasing for 5,000 years so they will always be easily exchanged for fresh ammo, weapons, water, food, shelter, land, equipment, fuel, energy, utilities, healthcare, etc.

If you shoot someone for their stuff, your power will still go off, ice will melt, food will rot, environmental control of ammo will fail, & others will shoot you dead.

Gold & Silver are fire & water proof, will keep the lights on, hot & cold water flowing, fresh new ammo in gun, fuel in the tank, food on the table, a roof over your head, buy armor, security, store wealth & increase in value.

Gold & Silver have been increasing for 5,000 years

Post your evidence.

I thought "precious metals" were supposed to go UP in downward shifts of economic times.
At least I've always heard that.

So why is the silver and gold I bought two years ago worthless now?

I bought my boullion coins from a 5 star online precious
You bought bullion coins??
You've been pranked my boy!
You might just as well bought gold jewelry!

In the apocalyptic world you are envisioning, a person with weapons and ammo will take whatever type of exchange you hold--how will you stop them?
Why do you assume a person with considerable gold wealth is not well armed & better able to terminate your miserable existence?

"Precious Metals" to me are brass, copper and lead.

I have very little in gold or silver because it has little value TO ME. For other people, it's something they're compelled to hoard. I have no such need at this point. I buy just a little here and there.

If and when the shtf in a meaningful, long-term way...like fo realz...survival, peace and prosperity will depend on property and combined (trusted) skillsets. Skillsets create and define resources/physical mediums of exchange. The value of them, like anything else, is only worth as much as someone is willing to pay/trade.

Kind of like a game of Age of Empires.

That's my two cents anyway.

Also, watch your corn hole. There be wolves and coyotes about. Figuratively speaking...

Need a good fort to contain your compound with outposts and guard towers scattered about. :)

:Boom2:

Last edited:
I thought "precious metals" were supposed to go UP in downward shifts of economic times.
At least I've always heard that.

So why is the silver and gold I bought two years ago worthless now?

I bought my boullion coins from a 5 star online precious metals dealer, with the paperwork and reciepts. It's all been sitting in my safe since I bought it.
It's not all that much, but still...............

I've always been told thats why people want to hoard the stuff, because the price "skyrockets" in times of economic downturns.

I've checked the current prices of silver, gold, and copper, and they've continually gone DOWN in price.......from the price I paid when I bought them.

Was I suckered?

Are "precious metals" like diamonds? Worthless?

precious-metals.jpg
It’s Bidenomics. The doomsayers are wrong.

It’s Bidenomics. The doomsayers are wrong.
Gold and Silver will purchase what it purchased in the past. Fiat currencies eventually implode. When they do, there usually is a short time before a new currency is introduced. Much pain occurs. So, something to trade is needed. The financiers of the world call gold and silver a barbarous relic. Yet they own a lot of it. The price supposedly represents the inflation we have. And also, uncertain times. Our home prices represent a lot of inflation. And that means as one example there is a lot of excessive printing of our currency.

Gold and Silver will purchase what it purchased in the past. Fiat currencies eventually implode. When they do, there usually is a short time before a new currency is introduced. Much pain occurs. So, something to trade is needed. The financiers of the world call gold and silver a barbarous relic. Yet they own a lot of it. The price supposedly represents the inflation we have. And also, uncertain times. Our home prices represent a lot of inflation. And that means as one example there is a lot of excessive printing of our currency.
Bottom line: Gold is going down. The economy is trending up. Thanks, Joe!

If you think your silver and gold are worthless then I'll take them off your hands. I'll make that sacrifice good buddy.

BTW, when the SHTF people aren't going to use gold and silver for trade, they're going to use cigarettes and booze.

If you think your silver and gold are worthless then I'll take them off your hands. I'll make that sacrifice good buddy.

BTW, when the SHTF people aren't going to use gold and silver for trade, they're going to use cigarettes and booze.
Just sayin’ Joe’s doing a good job.

I’m alright, Jack, keep your hands off of my stack!

Forum List

Back