Signups for Official USMB Mafia Game #3

Wake

Easygoing Conservative
Jun 11, 2013
Hello everybody,

Game #2 is still going, and I'm planning to bring new elements to the 3rd.

We'll be using a Semi-Closed Setup. This means you'll be given a list of what may be played in our game. What's exactly at play will be unknown. The list is growing, which is why this thread is here sooner. The list of possible roles is here. Some roles are going to make the game absolutely hilarious. :badgrin:

I'm thinking of a theme for our game, too. Some have suggested a horror movie theme would be swell. It's entirely up to you to voice how you'd like this theme to go. If it can be made, it will be made—if you wish. Want to see Freddy Krueger, Albert Wesker, and the Bride of Chucky? If you want, we can make it happen. :D

If you would like to play, even if you've never played before, come on. Give it a shot. You may find it quite enjoyable. No matter what, everyone is welcome here.
:smiliehug:

[MENTION=36528]cereal_killer[/MENTION]
[MENTION=13580]CaféAuLait[/MENTION]
[MENTION=30820]Moonglow[/MENTION]
[MENTION=26838]Ropey[/MENTION]
[MENTION=39075]Shaitra[/MENTION]
[MENTION=45321]armada[/MENTION]
[MENTION=5262]Immanuel[/MENTION]
[MENTION=43625]Mertex[/MENTION]
[MENTION=34688]Grandma[/MENTION]
[MENTION=45739]Jughead[/MENTION]
[MENTION=854]Avatar4321[/MENTION]
[MENTION=27986]R.D.[/MENTION]
[MENTION=31178]MeBelle60[/MENTION]
[MENTION=11703]strollingbones[/MENTION]
[MENTION=48997]sameech[/MENTION]
[MENTION=21905]FA_Q2[/MENTION]
[MENTION=39688]RosieS[/MENTION]
[MENTION=30065]dblack[/MENTION]
[MENTION=41527]Pogo[/MENTION]
[MENTION=45104]WelfareQueen[/MENTION]
[MENTION=43888]AyeCantSeeYou[/MENTION]
[MENTION=8806]manifold[/MENTION]
[MENTION=38281]Wolfsister77[/MENTION]
[MENTION=49365]tn5421[/MENTION]
[MENTION=29688]derk[/MENTION]
[MENTION=19727]Darkwind[/MENTION]
[MENTION=31092]Kooshdakhaa[/MENTION]
[MENTION=46151]HelenaHandbag[/MENTION]
[MENTION=11865]Luissa[/MENTION]

The List
AyeCantSeeYou
TemplarKormac
Wolfsister77
CafeAuLait
MeBelle60
Moonglow
Grandma
Sameech
manifold
tn5421
Shaitra
Mertex
RosieS
FA_Q2
Ropey
Luissa
ZZZX
R.D.

Last edited:
you could always mix themes too.

horror/cinderella

something like that. lol

Freddy Krueger game me the serious creeps. So did Jason from Friday the 13th and the Evil Dead movies. Also, Poltergeist. I'm seriously OK with whatever is decided but those are some scary movies that would be good to go with. I'm sure there are others.

OK, now I've got some creative ideas swirling. Every vote count will contain a YouTube video with a scary horror movie scene. From Tremors and Deep Blue Sea to Jurassic Park and The Mummy—not to mention all the slashers—we'll have them.

Each player's flavor theme will be an evil entity from a horror movie. Call me a visionary, but I think that's gonna be awesome. :badgrin::D

As for the way this game will go, players will be given more roles, but they'll be limited. This will give more players a taste of night action madness. We'll go with 2 main factions, again; that's easiest for newer players.

Here's a more refined list of possible roles:

2-Shot Town Cop ~ You can inspect another player to learn their alignment. This may only be used twice during the game, once a Night.

2-Shot Doctor ~ You can protect other players from kills. Each protection stops one kill, and lasts for one night. This may only be used twice during the game, once a Night.

1-Shot Jailkeeper (2nd Night) ~ You may roleblock and protect one player from death during the Night. This can only be used once during this game. May only be used during Night 2.

3-Shot Watcher ~ You can watch another player. You will be told if that player used an ability. Twice per game.

1-Shot Roleblocker (3rd Night) ~ You can block another player's action each night. You are immune to roleblocks. May be either Town or Scum. Ability may only be used Night 3.

1-Shot Vigilante (4th Night) ~ You may target and attempt to kill one player. Once per game, and only during Night 4.

2-Shot Tracker ~ You can track another player. You will be told who that player targeted, if any. Twice per game.

2-Shot Hider ~ You may hide behind someone else during the Night. This makes you immune to targeting. If you hide behind Scum you die. If the person you're hiding behind is targeted, that ability/kill will affect you as well. Twice per game.

Town/Scum Interrogator ~ During the Night you may PM the host the name of one player. I'll create a QuickTopic thread and send it to both the Interrogator and target, and the Interrogator will attempt to ask questions/discuss innocence with the target. As nature would have it, the Interrogator could be evil, too.

Town/Scum Hexer (Hex Words: ___, ___, ___) ~ The Hexer may hex one player with three specific words of the host's choosing, and PMs the host the name of one player each Day. The host will PM the target and tell that person he or she must use at least one of those specific words in each post during that specific Day, and that all three must be used at least once. If the target fails to do so in a post three times during that Day, a strike is given to that player by the host. Three strikes means he or she dies. A strike will be given to the Hexer's target if he or she mentions he or she has been hexed, or directly states there is one in the game. Also, the three words given to you must be used in your posts, too, so have fun with it. A player who has been hexed during Day 1 cannot be given a strike if not targeted by that same Hexer during Day 2. There may be multiple Hexers.

Chicken-Loving Hippie ~ The Chicken-Loving Hippie will target 2 or 3 players each Night, and toss a drumstick at them from the shadows. This has no effect, besides thwarting hunger. Town/Scum.

Neighbors ~ At the beginning of the game a certain number of players will be given a link to a QT thread. They will be allowed to talk during both the Day and the Night. Neighbors may be of any alignment. There may also be multiple neighborhoods.

2-Shot Mafia Frame Artist ~ You can frame another player during the night. Inspections on that player will give a 'mafia' result. Twice per game.

Mafia Godfather ~ Inspections on you will give a result of "Innocent."

One-Shot Redirecter ~ You can redirect another player's ability to target another player. Your ability can only be used once. Once per game. Mafia/Scum.

Last edited:
I have some wicked words picked out for the Hexer(s), too! ;)

This game will be flavored with scary movie monsters, ghouls, and other evil entities.

It reminds me of that one good scary movie, The Cabin in the Woods.

~ The shark from Jaws
~ A velociraptor from Jurassic Park
~ Imhotep from The Mummy
~ A hungry Graboid from Tremors
~ The demon from Insidious
~ The alien from The Thing

The possibilities. Mwa ha ha. :badgrin::D

Last edited:

Forum List

Back