Signature wisdom

Amelia

Rookie
Feb 14, 2011
Packerland!
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their consciences."--- C.S. Lewis

(Trajan)

"If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain."

- Winston Churchill

I don't know about wisdom but this is has always been my favorite Lincoln quote..

"If I were two-faced, would I be wearing this one?"

-Abe

One more funny one..

When being bickered at by a dissenting elitist at a dinner party -

'Mr. Churchill, if you were my husband, I'd poison your tea!'

Churchill: "And if you were my wife, I would drink it!"

- Winston Churchill

Last edited:
It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies.

Then again, it might not.

The American people lived under the heel of the robber barons.

They couldn't wait to limit their authority.

Those who want this nation to return to those days are truly tools.

"Human transformation requires the movement from fear to love. Presence is the door, embodiment is the key."

Russell Delman

(sky's siggie)

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their consciences."--- C.S. Lewis

(Trajan)

should this be in the religion thread?

Common sense is the most evenly distributed quantity in the world. Everyone thinks he has enough.

All people have the right to stupidity but some abuse the privilege.

People are most conservative on issues that they know most about. --Ann Coulter

(PoliticalChic)

A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice.
Bill Cosby

(Ringel05)

"All men were created equal. Some were just left in the oven a bit too long." Samuel Clemens

Last edited:
There were once three frogs on a log and one of them made a decision to jump in. How many were left?

When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.

P. J. O'Rourke

There was a young curate from Crew
Who kept a cat in a pew.
He said: "I shall endeavour to seek
To teach it some Greek"
(But never got farther than µ.)

Forum List

Back