Sick again...........

there is no insulin pill. there are many oral meds and one should know the difference in the oral meds...a simple mistake of taking the wrong allergy meds can affect the oral meds you are taking...i.e. clartin does not react with metformin while a lot of allergy meds cause a spike in blood sugar...people need more education about diabetes esp when they have it. esp when they are going back and forth to the hospital...
It's an oral med, bones. Thank you. It's called Synjardy.

I just got over having ANOTHER bout with complications due to diabetes. I had to spend a couple days in a local hospital to figure out WHY I'm having difficulties dealing with the disease. This time my blood sugar levels were almost dangerously low due to an overcompensation in insulin medication because my sugar levels WERE seriously HIGH in number before this. I thoght it would be a wonderful and clever idea to use ONLY emojis in my posts. My last day on here, 5-6 days ago, is a BLUR. I don't remember much about the last six hours or so, other than I had trouble focusing my thoughts. After my very last post, I blacked out and regained consciousness on the floor of my bedroom in front of my computer! My sister heard me fall, and was right there to find out what happened. I got fully dressed and my sister took me to the ER of our local hospital. Well, TWO DAYS later I got to go home. I had been off the Internet for about 3 days, recovering and getting my strength back. I'm glad to be back on here, but will be posting MUCH less frequently than I was before my latest illness.

mr. boe is a type I diabetic. He had problems with hypoglycemia for years, so I have a lot of sympathy for you. Has your doctor talked to you about a continuous glucose monitor? mr. boe uses a Dexcom G6. It is fantastic - he hasn't had a dangerous low since he started using it.

I tried them and found that they dont stay on if you sweat in the least.
They were however great for short term just to figure out what is screwing up your blood sugar.
I was able to pinpoint exactly where I was going wrong.

The Dexcom is not like other CGMs. mr. boe has been using his for a little over a year. I really cannot adequately describe how much it has helped him.

So it doesnt come off when he sweats?
I mean really sweats!!!
I havent tried that particular brand but the ones I have tried wouldnt stay on for one day of being out in the heat.
If so I'm definitely going to try it!!
It's very convenient to be able to just scan yourself like a gallon of milk at the grocery store. :)

No, it doesn't come off. The adhesive is pretty sticky. It did give him contact dermatitis, so he uses some other products to protect his skin and then secure the sensor. A bit of a production at first, but he has his method perfected now.

Sticky is the least of my worries!!!
I've had wound vacs and many assorted bandages over the last year.
But I get what your saying,the glue over time does screw ya up.

Forum List

Back