Shut Down the Schools

Yeah! Why would people want to become more educated and knowledgeable.

They do!
But many parents are less than thrilled at their children being indoctrinated; taught that abortion is a sport and drugs and The Democrat Party are the salvation of humankind. Hence the need to not just close the government (read "Democrat infested") schools but to keep them closed.
What else is there in education? The kids have to learn somehow. Would you have all kids in "religious" indoctrination centers?

Schools are essentially public babysitting services.

That is how they were originally set up when the IR went into full swing.

They do!
But many parents are less than thrilled at their children being indoctrinated; taught that abortion is a sport and drugs and The Democrat Party are the salvation of humankind. Hence the need to not just close the government (read "Democrat infested") schools but to keep them closed.
What else is there in education? The kids have to learn somehow. Would you have all kids in "religious" indoctrination centers?

I went to the Christian school system, and believe me, we outperformed the Government system every day of the week.

It was about learning, while the government school kids had to worry about getting shivved in the back for their lunch money. I got slapped upside my head many times, but no one tried to rob me.

They do!

I went to the Christian school system, and believe me, we outperformed the Government system every day of the week.

It was about learning, while the government school kids had to worry about getting shivved in the back for their lunch money. I got slapped upside my head many times, but no one tried to rob me.

You sure that wasn't the priests dick slapping you upside the head.

They do!

What is a "Christian school system" as opposite to a "government school"? I went through the public school system under my mother's threat that I would be sent the Academy of the Holy Angels. Fortunately, I had a strong Father who would never allow this to happen. Mommy, unfortunately, was a ditz for the Vatican. I even was present for her trip to the Vatican in my teens. Oh, go be with your mother at St. Peter's when you are a teen! I love my late father. He kept me away from the Catholic clutches.

I too was forced to attend a Catholic school. It turned me off to religion for awhile. Luckily, at a relatively young adult age I found a less strict Lutheran Church and have been happy as a Lutheran for well over 55 years. Our public schools here are great. Small rural community our school is the hub of the community. The teachers are great and the kids do well. Not all schools are bad.

I too was forced to attend a Catholic school. It turned me off to religion for awhile. Luckily, at a relatively young adult age I found a less strict Lutheran Church and have been happy as a Lutheran for well over 55 years. Our public schools here are great. Small rural community our school is the hub of the community. The teachers are great and the kids do well. Not all schools are bad.

I'll take your word for it. But when I was in school, the government schools were very violent places as opposed to the parochial school system. Your fellow students were likely to use a shiv on you there. The real proof in the pudding was how tremendous our test scores were, compared to the public school kids. I think the fact that we all were expected to look sharp, jackets and neckties, made us actual be sharp.

They do!

I worked in a public school system and at the time my daughter attended private school. I leaned that you can not trust any school, private or public when it comes to test scores. Teachers teach the test. They do it everywhere. This is most evident when the school changes the test. Scores go down and the following year they go up.

You should judge the quality of instruction based on the progress of your child, not claims by an administrator, principal, or superintendent.

Forum List

Back