Shouldn't all voters' votes matter?

Supposn

Gold Member
Jul 26, 2009
Even if a third party's platform better coincides with the opinions of many voters, most U.S. voters will not ”squander” their vote, but they rather choose what they consider to be the lesser of two evils, (i.e. between the Democrat or Republican) canltipldidate. In regard to many issues they consider to be of importance, an overwhelming majority of U.S. voters' viewpoints substantially differ from those of their congressional representatives.

I advocate that although only winning candidates are designated their districts' congressional representative, each candidate should be empowered with a portion of a single vote, (i.e. a weighted vote) within the U.S. House of Representatives. The weighted portion is the portion the candidate's portion of votes cast for electing the district's congressional representative.

Only those designated as their congressional districts' representative, may vote on any matter brought to a vote within the U.S. House of Representatives.

All congressional representative candidates may temporarily register their assigning of all their weighted vote to any district's representative. The assignment must be for specified dates or topics to be voted upon.

All congressional representative candidates may assign their vote to multiple district representatives, but not for the same dates or the same topics.

All congressional representative candidates at any time may register their rescinding of their assignment to any district's representative, (but not for votes previously exercised).

Respectfully, Supposn

Even if a third party's platform better coincides with the opinions of many voters, most U.S. voters will not ”squander” their vote, but they rather choose what they consider to be the lesser of two evils, (i.e. between the Democrat or Republican) canltipldidate. In regard to many issues they consider to be of importance, an overwhelming majority of U.S. voters' viewpoints substantially differ from those of their congressional representatives.

I advocate that although only winning candidates are designated their districts' congressional representative, each candidate should be empowered with a portion of a single vote, (i.e. a weighted vote) within the U.S. House of Representatives. The weighted portion is the portion the candidate's portion of votes cast for electing the district's congressional representative.

Only those designated as their congressional districts' representative, may vote on any matter brought to a vote within the U.S. House of Representatives.

All congressional representative candidates may temporarily register their assigning of all their weighted vote to any district's representative. The assignment must be for specified dates or topics to be voted upon.

All congressional representative candidates may assign their vote to multiple district representatives, but not for the same dates or the same topics.

All congressional representative candidates at any time may register their rescinding of their assignment to any district's representative, (but not for votes previously exercised).

Respectfully, Supposn
Stop watering down the vote with vote harvesting (fraud) like they do in California, and stop Motor Voter Registrations of Illegal Aliens like they do in California, and then get rid of Mass Mail in Balloting.

Ensure the integrity of One Man One Vote and none of this other nonsense matters.

Democrat Politicians should be in jail for illegally changing voting laws in 2020.

Until there is accountability, nothing else matters.

Respectfully, Supposn
Tinkering for the sake of tinkering isn’t a great idea.

Respectfully, Supposn
I don't really understand what you're talking about.

My guess is that you're hoping someone would ask you.

The floor is yours...

I don't really understand what you're talking about.

My guess is that you're hoping someone would ask you.

The floor is yours...

He wants every losing candidate to have a fractional vote in the House.

Like so many "ideas" he has, this one is also stupid and pointless.

Last edited:
Proportional representation in the House, based on the % of the vote a party receives in the election could help end the two parties monopoly.

Respectfully, Supposn
This is a great idea! We need a name for it. What about Weighted Transfer Format? WTF?

Respectfully, Supposn
I dunno, when dead people and disney characters vote for democrats it just seems...weird

I dunno, when dead people and disney characters vote for democrats it just seems...weird
Tell me about it. Ops......

"A man who once described a ballot being cast in his dead wife’s name as “sickening” and was cited by the Nevada Republican Party last November as evidence that massive voter fraud swayed the results of the 2020 presidential election has been charged by prosecutors with voter fraud.

According to a lawsuit filed in the Las Vegas Justice Court this month, the man, Donald Kirk Hartle, voted his deceased wife Rosemarie Hartle’s ballot. At a November press conference, Matt Schlapp, chairman of the American Consevative Union, named Rosemarie Hartle as one example of the “hundreds of dead people" he said had voted in the election in Clark County. The Nevada Republican Party also cited Hartle’s interview with KLAS Channel 8 in their voter fraud allegations.

Hartle told the TV station, which first reported the lawsuit, that his wife died at 52 from breast cancer in 2017 and that no ballot ever came to his house, despite a ballot for her being issued and received by the county.

“That is pretty sickening to me to be honest with you,” Kirk told the TV station at the time.

Hartle has been charged with two category D felonies, according to the criminal complaint. Both are punishable by a prison term of up to four years, as well as a fine of up to $5,000."

Proportional representation in the House, based on the % of the vote a party receives in the election could help end the two parties monopoly.
BlindBoo, it would be for all candidates, (rather than their parties), that would be entitled to portions of single House of Representative votes. But yes, the proposal (to the extents that other candidates are supported within their congressional districts,) would effectively break the Republican/Democrat monopoly of the House. Respectfully, Supposn

If they lose..they would have no vote in the house.
Candycorn, every vote within your district was cast by a registered voter residing in your congressional district.
They voted for candidates complying with all of the federal your state’s and district's requirements of a candidate to be a U.S. Congressional Representative for your district.

Within this proposal:
To retain the entitlements of a candidate for the Congressional House of Representatives, (which in itself is an office), the candidate would comply with almost all that’s required of a representative. For example, there’s no need for a candidate to go to Washington D.C., but just as a representative, the candidate would be required to maintain residence within the state of your district.

Currently, on many individual issues:
A good proportion of those that voted for their current representative, disagreed with the opinions of the person they voted for, but they didn’t vote for a 3d party that were not electable. Their opinions regarding most issues were of no matter. Combined with those that didn’t vote for their district’s elected representatives, for more or less than the majority of voters in every congressional district, their opinions and votes don’t really have any political consequences.
Respectfully, Supposn

Candycorn, every vote within your district was cast by a registered voter residing in your congressional district.
They voted for candidates complying with all of the federal your state’s and district's requirements of a candidate to be a U.S. Congressional Representative for your district.

Within this proposal:
To retain the entitlements of a candidate for the Congressional House of Representatives, (which in itself is an office), the candidate would comply with almost all that’s required of a representative. For example, there’s no need for a candidate to go to Washington D.C., but just as a representative, the candidate would be required to maintain residence within the state of your district.

Currently, on many individual issues:
A good proportion of those that voted for their current representative, disagreed with the opinions of the person they voted for, but they didn’t vote for a 3d party that were not electable. Their opinions regarding most issues were of no matter. Combined with those that didn’t vote for their district’s elected representatives, for more or less than the majority of voters in every congressional district, their opinions and votes don’t really have any political consequences.
Respectfully, Supposn
Your point?

To me, the biggest problem we have is that votes - all votes - matter way too much. An election shouldn't be a referendum on policy. It shouldn't be a struggle over the shape of society. It should simply be about choosing leaders we can trust.

To me, the biggest problem we have is that votes - all votes - matter way too much. An election shouldn't be a referendum on policy. It shouldn't be a struggle over the shape of society. It should simply be about choosing leaders we can trust.
DBlack, currently:
A good proportion of those that voted for a major party's candidate, or for third party's unelectable candidates, within many, if not the majority of congressional districts, had greater confidence in third party's unelectable candidates, rather than their current elected congressional representative.
The opinions and votes of all voters' votes not cast for the winner, (i.e. their district's current congressional representative), and many of those cast for the winner, had little or no political consequences.
Likely, a majority of all votes cast do not matter. Respectfully, Supposn

DBlack, currently:
A good proportion of those that voted for a major party's candidate, or for third party's unelectable candidates, within many, if not the majority of congressional districts, had greater confidence in third party's unelectable candidates, rather than their current elected congressional representative.
The opinions and votes of all voters' votes not cast for the winner, (i.e. their district's current congressional representative), and many of those cast for the winner, had little or no political consequences.
Likely, a majority of all votes cast do not matter. Respectfully, Supposn
mkay

Your point?
Candyman, currently:
The opinions and votes of all voters' votes not cast for the winner, (i.e. their district's current congressional representative), and many of those cast for the winner, had little or no political consequences. Likely, a majority of all votes cast do not matter.

Within this proposal all, or almost all votes certainly matter. Respectfully, Supposn

Forum List

Back