Should we vote for the man or his policies?

Vote your wallet and pocket book....that's all we have folks.....if we go back to the Obama daze....we will all leave the earth poorer than we are today...plain and simple......
Yeah let our kids pay for all them trump deficits.
They will be paying for Obama's record deficits also.
Trump has now spent more in 3 1/2 years than Obama spent in 8 years. But don't worry Trump has promised to eliminate the 26 trillion dollar debt in 8 years. I guess he is going to ask Mexico to pay it off along with the cost of the Wall he didn't build..
Trump is a lying sob and these idiot repubs don't get what a disaster he'll be, given 4 more years
What Trump supporters don't understand is in his 2nd term he would be a totally free agent to do anything he choses. There is no reason to expect he will do anything to please his supporters. He'll never face another election. He said he has no interest in his presidential library or the like. He certainly is not interested in becoming a leader in his party such as the Bush's or Clintons. Most of the party leadership does not want to have anything to do with him. In fact most of the leaders in the party would not support him until it was definite that he would be nominated in 2016. I would expect Trump in a 2nd term to do exactly what he wants to do and that could be really dangerous for the country.

What a bunch of horseshit! Trump isn't an emperor or a dictator that can do whatever he wants, constitutionally or otherwise. Every executive action he takes will be scrutinized by by liberal federal judges everywhere, and even if it goes to the SCOTUS not even a right-leaning court will allow him to anything that is that far out of his authority. And he's not going to get any cooperation from the dem-controlled House, you know that! And even if the GOP retains their Senate majority it will probably be by only one or possibly 2 seats. They're not going to allow Trump to go hog-wild either.

Get a grip, dude, your TDS is out of control. Nice fear-mongering though.
My point is that Trump does not seem to have any incentive to promote a republican agenda if he wins this election. Past president's have all seen their lives as either a quit retirement or as a driving force in the party. Neither of these incentives fit Donald Trump at all. During his 1st term, everything he has done has been about getting re-elected. And that includes downplaying the greatest healthcare emergency in a hundred years and his willingness to accept the loss of American lives as just casualties in his fight to win.

There are checks on the president's power but how effective would they really be? With a republican senate that refused to give any real consideration to his impeachment by ignoring all evidence and rapidly dismissing charges, it seems very unlikely impeachment would pose any threat to Trump. He's appointed over two hundred right wing federal judges and now he has a rightwing Supreme Court which may well make him unstoppable. He has an attorney general that will back him up and finally a staff that will be loyal to him. He has set the stage for a fight for the presidency after the election with his insistence that the election will be fraudulent. I doubt he would be successful, but the damage to the nation will have been done.

Of course if there was a landslide vote for or against him, the game would change, however most people are predicting a close election and the polls bear that out.
Trump has ignited a firestorm among democrat voters We will come out in numbers not seen before America must rid itself of the cancer in our WH Too bad the scum supporting him can't be gone too
In this election, I think voting for the man or his policies is irrelevant. Trump has made the election about the survival of the democratic election process in America.

I suspect it would take a landslide vote to stop Trump. Trump has laid the groundwork for a constitutional crisis and a declaration of national emergency. His constant rhetoric about a fraudulent election, his threats to fight any loss, hints that he will remove his FBI director who is opposing him on his claim of voter fraud, and packing the supreme court and hundreds of federal judge seats with his appointees is certainly reason for concern. This is a conspiracy theory but each day that passes adds credence to it. The only thing that would stop him is a clear mandate from the voters. Otherwise, we're going have a wild ride which could drastically change the free election process in America. This has long been the goal of both Russian and Chinese inference in our elections.

Last edited:
according to Biden, you should vote for skin color
Trumps color is Yellow Republicans will flock to him
in English please
In English You a trump idiot didn't understand??? You understand all his lies though
hahahhaha
I love when he lies/etc
...'''''Trump color is Yellow Rs will flock to him'''' = wow--a well thought out, powerful quote ---hahahahhahahahaha

Vote your wallet and pocket book....that's all we have folks.....if we go back to the Obama daze....we will all leave the earth poorer than we are today...plain and simple......
Trump has now spent more in 3 1/2 years than Obama spent in 8 years. But don't worry Trump has promised to eliminate the 26 trillion dollar debt in 8 years. I guess he is going to ask Mexico to pay it off along with the cost of the Wall he didn't build..
Trump is a lying sob and these idiot repubs don't get what a disaster he'll be, given 4 more years
What Trump supporters don't understand is in his 2nd term he would be a totally free agent to do anything he choses. There is no reason to expect he will do anything to please his supporters. He'll never face another election. He said he has no interest in his presidential library or the like. He certainly is not interested in becoming a leader in his party such as the Bush's or Clintons. Most of the party leadership does not want to have anything to do with him. In fact most of the leaders in the party would not support him until it was definite that he would be nominated in 2016. I would expect Trump in a 2nd term to do exactly what he wants to do and that could be really dangerous for the country.

What a bunch of horseshit! Trump isn't an emperor or a dictator that can do whatever he wants, constitutionally or otherwise. Every executive action he takes will be scrutinized by by liberal federal judges everywhere, and even if it goes to the SCOTUS not even a right-leaning court will allow him to anything that is that far out of his authority. And he's not going to get any cooperation from the dem-controlled House, you know that! And even if the GOP retains their Senate majority it will probably be by only one or possibly 2 seats. They're not going to allow Trump to go hog-wild either.

Yeah he's not emperor or dictator but the problem is he thinks he is. After all, he wants to emulate his pal Putin .Maybe his yellow cowards ,who fail to stand up for Americas values in the Senate will grow some balls? I doubt it , because scum like they are and his supporters rarely change
You just have four more years to wait and it will be all over....:itsok:
Ram ,you really know how to hurt a guy
Sorry Ed.....

My point is that Trump does not seem to have any incentive to promote a republican agenda if he wins this election. Past president's have all seen their lives as either a quit retirement or as a driving force in the party. Neither of these incentives fit Donald Trump at all. During his 1st term, everything he has done has been about getting re-elected. And that includes downplaying the greatest healthcare emergency in a hundred years and his willingness to accept the loss of American lives as just casualties in his fight to win.

There are checks on the president's power but how effective would they really be? With a republican senate that refused to give any real consideration to his impeachment by ignoring all evidence and rapidly dismissing charges, it seems very unlikely impeachment would pose any threat to Trump. He's appointed over two hundred right wing federal judges and now he has a rightwing Supreme Court which may well make him unstoppable. He has an attorney general that will back him up and finally a staff that will be loyal to him. He has set the stage for a fight for the presidency after the election with his insistence that the election will be fraudulent. I doubt he would be successful, but the damage to the nation will have been done.

Of course if there was a landslide vote for or against him, the game would change, however most people are predicting a close election and the polls bear that out.
Trump has ignited a firestorm among democrat voters We will come out in numbers not seen before America must rid itself of the cancer in our WH Too bad the scum supporting him can't be gone too

Near as I can tell, the only "firestorm" ignited has been among people who already come out and vote Democrat in every election . . . oh, and in the buildings burned down by people who don't vote/think it's silly.

On another note, I like the TRUE Democrat "tolerance" and "inclusiveness" your post shows: I wish we didn't have to let people who don't agree with us even live here!

Yeah he's not emperor or dictator but the problem is he thinks he is. After all, he wants to emulate his pal Putin .Maybe his yellow cowards ,who fail to stand up for Americas values in the Senate will grow some balls? I doubt it , because scum like they are and his supporters rarely change

Don't suppose you have any evidence of Trump "thinking he's a dictator"? Also, you might want to consider the possibility that Senators vote against your wishes because your wishes are bullshit and have nothing to do with America's values. I know you've been told that what you're spewing is objective fact that everyone secretly knows and agrees with, but that just goes to show how gullible you are.

In this election, I think voting for the man or his policies is irrelevant. Trump has made the election about the survival of the democratic election process in America.

I suspect it would take a landslide vote to stop Trump. Trump has laid the groundwork for a constitutional crisis and a declaration of national emergency. His constant rhetoric about a fraudulent election, his threats to fight any loss, hints that he will remove his FBI director who is opposing him on his claim of voter fraud, and packing the supreme court and hundreds of federal judge seats with his appointees is certainly reason for concern. This is a conspiracy theory but each day that passes adds credence to it. The only thing that would stop him is a clear mandate from the voters. Otherwise, we're going have a wild ride which could drastically change the free election process in America. This has long been the goal of both Russian and Chinese inference in our elections.

TRUMP has made it about the survival of the democratic election process in America?! TRUMP has?! We have Democrats spouting demands to change every possible thing they can think of about the way we hold elections: abolish the Electoral College, do away with in-person polling and conduct it by mail, create new Democrat-leaning states . . . And now you have the sheer, baldfaced nerve to prattle about TRUMP attacking the election process?!

Here, let me move a little farther away from you, so that when God strikes your lying ass down with lightning, I don't get hit with the blowback.

TRUMP has made it about the survival of the democratic election process in America?! TRUMP has?! We have Democrats spouting demands to change every possible thing they can think of about the way we hold elections: abolish the Electoral College, do away with in-person polling and conduct it by mail, create new Democrat-leaning states . . . And now you have the sheer, baldfaced nerve to prattle about TRUMP attacking the election process?!

Here, let me move a little farther away from you, so that when God strikes your lying ass down with lightning, I don't get hit with the blowback.
Nothing would make our elections more democratic than doing away with the Electoral College in favor of the popular vote. The electoral college creates a situation in which a vote in a low population state has as much as 57 times the value of a vote in a high population state in a presidential election. 80% of the nations that allow the people to elect their leaders use the popular vote. Of those that use mechanisms such as the electoral college, none are as undemocratic as the US. The reason the founders decided on the electoral college as means of selecting a president has nothing to do with giving a greater voice to small states as many people believe. That came later when people began to question the wisdom of such an unfair system of selecting a president.

The electoral college was a compromise between those that believed the people should select the president and those that feared it. First, they thought 18th-century voters lacked the resources to be fully informed about the candidates, especially in rural outposts. Second, they feared a headstrong “democratic mob” steering the country astray. And third, a populist president appealing directly to the people could command dangerous amounts of power. Today, with the nation closely knitted by rapid commendations, economics, and culture, none of those reasons are valid. The only reason we have an electoral college today is republican strength in small states support it.

Vote by Mail has increase voter participation in every state. Of course republicans fear greater voter participation because it is contrary to their philosophy of government in which the elite are selected by the elite to lead the nation. Redistricting, stricter voter identification, poll only voting, shutting down DMV offices in minority neighborhoods making it more difficult to get voter identification, purging voter roles before elections have all been tactics used by republicans keep the "undesirable" from voting.

The only territory that democrats have seriously promoted statehood was Puerto Rico and local support has been mixed. Democrats major effort in promoting statehood has been focused on Washington DC. Of course republicans would never support it because there are too many blacks in DC. Whatever republican can do to suppress minority voting, they will do.

Nothing would make our elections more democratic than doing away with the Electoral College in favor of the popular vote
There would be a civil war first that would make the civil war of 1861 look like a picnic....no way will Americans turn the nation over to NY and LA.....the EC was enacted for a reason...to keep the peace...and if you want to improve our electoral system try and stop vote harvesting like they do in CA......and are trying to do all over America.....its unconstitutional as hell....

Nothing would make our elections more democratic than doing away with the Electoral College in favor of the popular vote
There would be a civil war first that would make the civil war of 1861 look like a picnic....no way will Americans turn the nation over to NY and LA.....the EC was enacted for a reason...to keep the peace...and if you want to improve our electoral system try and stop vote harvesting like they do in CA......and are trying to do all over America.....its unconstitutional as hell....
There will be no civil war and no change to the electoral system in our life time. I firmly believe that we will abandon the electoral college as part of a constitutional convention in which there will be many changes to the constitution. America is changing and eventually the constitution is going to have to change because no constitution can survive without real change. The founders understood this and they gave us a method of amending it but they never dreamed the nation would reach a state where the signifcant changes would be impossible using the amendment process. Over the last 50 years we have only amended the constitution twice and only one amendment has had any significant effect. In the prior 50 years we amended the constitution 9 times and most of those amendments have significantly changed America. In order to change the constitution, it would take a constitution convention in which the two sides could negotiate changes.

By 2040, using the current growth rates we start seeing more republican states becoming high population states.
1, California
2. Texas
3. Florida
4. New York
5. Georgia

Going out a little further you start seeing a number republican states such as North Carolina and Arizona moving into the top ten. In 50 years we may well see republicans fighting to abandon the electoral college and democrats opposing it.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back