Should we update the constitution?

suplex3000

VIP Member
Nov 25, 2014
Georgia
A lot of the laws and rights that were originally included in the constitution were written in colonial America's mindset. We no longer need everyone and there mom, grandmother and 2nd cousin bearing arms. That's what the police/ military is for. I think freedom of speech is a nice thing to have, but we shouldn't have the right to offend people. We need to re write the constitution with today's issues in mind. What do you think?

A lot of the laws and rights that were originally included in the constitution were written in colonial America's mindset. We no longer need everyone and there mom, grandmother and 2nd cousin bearing arms. That's what the police/ military is for. I think freedom of speech is a nice thing to have, but we shouldn't have the right to offend people. We need to re write the constitution with today's issues in mind. What do you think?
It couldn't be improved upon but that's what amendments are for, updates..

Conservatives own most of the state legislatures at this point in our nations history. Seems like as good a time as any to make a few changes. A 'Balanced Budget' amendment might be a good idea.

The problem with a Constitutional Convention is that there are people out there that think like this person.

The problem with a Constitutional Convention is that there are people out there that think like this person.

Bingo.

No one has a RIGHT not to be offended. And anyone that claims they should is beyond stupid. As for the 2nd amendment that is what keeps us free. But you want it changed, it is a rather simple process, just get a majority in the House and Senate to approve a new amendment and then get 37 States to approve it.

The Constitution (1787) ought to be RESTORED then enforced.

then the following updates

the 2A ought to be clarified by stating that neither the federal nor the state governments have any authority to regulate firearms in any way shape or form,

that any amendment changing the states right to elect senators requires a UNANIMOUS decision

that graduated income taxes are unconstitutional

that the federal government has no authority to tax "A" to support "B"

Last edited:
A new Constitutional Convention would be the worst thing that could possibly happen to this country.
I don't think anything should necessarily be changed. Perhaps declaring the US to be a Christian country. Banning gay marriage. Making English the official language. Make flag burning a crime.

But in the end...a Constitutional Convention would cause more uproar than anything. Could you imagine a media blackout while Nancy Pelosi and her ilk try to take away guns and free speech? Or Ted Cruz trying to turn the US into canada?

I think freedom of speech is a nice thing to have, but we shouldn't have the right to offend people.

Bingo.

You just highlighted the difference between democrats and Democrats. Polar opposites.

I disagree with your stances but you have a First Amendment right to advocate such stances. As previously stated; the Amendment process is a process of "updating the Constitution".

A new Constitutional Convention would be the worst thing that could possibly happen to this country.
I don't think anything should necessarily be changed. Perhaps declaring the US to be a Christian country. Banning gay marriage. Making English the official language. Make flag burning a crime.

But in the end...a Constitutional Convention would cause more uproar than anything. Could you imagine a media blackout while Nancy Pelosi and her ilk try to take away guns and free speech? Or Ted Cruz trying to turn the US into canada?

WHy should the US be declared in Christian country? Don't we atheists have rights? Why should Constitutional law be intertwined with ecclesiastical law?

Why can't Americans speak any language they choose?

Why should flag burning be a crime, specially when the flag no longer represents a CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC.

I agree with the Pelosi comment.

WHy should the US be declared in Christian country? Don't we atheists have rights? Why should Constitutional law be intertwined with ecclesiastical law?

Why should flag burning be a crime, specially when the flag no longer represents a CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC.

Because your ilk are destroying this nation.

Are you nuts?

What type is that?

Are you nuts?

What type is that?

Anti-Christian, godless, moral destroying atheists who think English shouldn't be the national language

How?

How?
The moral fabric of the nation has been destroyed...thus America is being destroyed.

New Topics

Forum List

Back