Should we update the constitution?

A lot of the laws and rights that were originally included in the constitution were written in colonial America's mindset. We no longer need everyone and there mom, grandmother and 2nd cousin bearing arms. That's what the police/ military is for. I think freedom of speech is a nice thing to have, but we shouldn't have the right to offend people. We need to re write the constitution with today's issues in mind. What do you think?
That you're a tedious troll.

A new Constitutional Convention would be the worst thing that could possibly happen to this country.
I don't think anything should necessarily be changed. Perhaps declaring the US to be a Christian country. Banning gay marriage. Making English the official language. Make flag burning a crime.

But in the end...a Constitutional Convention would cause more uproar than anything. Could you imagine a media blackout while Nancy Pelosi and her ilk try to take away guns and free speech? Or Ted Cruz trying to turn the US into canada?

WHy should the US be declared in Christian country? Don't we atheists have rights? Why should Constitutional law be intertwined with ecclesiastical law?

Why can't Americans speak any language they choose?

Why should flag burning be a crime, specially when the flag no longer represents a CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC.

I agree with the Pelosi comment.

Because your ilk are destroying this nation.

Are you nuts?

What type is that?

Anti-Christian, godless, moral destroying atheists who think English shouldn't be the national language
Wouldn't atheists be anti most religions and not solely Christians? What "morality" are you referring to? English is Our national language, just turn on the TV and radio, shit look at the language that is being spoken on this forum. :lol:

A new Constitutional Convention would be the worst thing that could possibly happen to this country.
I don't think anything should necessarily be changed. Perhaps declaring the US to be a Christian country. Banning gay marriage. Making English the official language. Make flag burning a crime.

But in the end...a Constitutional Convention would cause more uproar than anything. Could you imagine a media blackout while Nancy Pelosi and her ilk try to take away guns and free speech? Or Ted Cruz trying to turn the US into canada?

WHy should the US be declared in Christian country? Don't we atheists have rights? Why should Constitutional law be intertwined with ecclesiastical law?

Why should flag burning be a crime, specially when the flag no longer represents a CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC.

How?
The moral fabric of the nation has been destroyed...thus America is being destroyed.
When has this country been more "moral" than we are today? Who's morals are you referring to?

Are you nuts?

What type is that?

Anti-Christian, godless, moral destroying atheists who think English shouldn't be the national language
Wouldn't atheists be anti most religions and not solely Christians? What "morality" are you referring to? English is Our national language, just turn on the TV and radio, shit look at the language that is being spoken on this forum. :lol:
I wonder how much money we spend on bilinguial material? You wanna become a legal citizen, you learn the language.

Are you nuts?

What type is that?

Really, and I thought those Christian motherfuckers who support the welfare/warfare police state were the culprits.

Well, you live and learn

NOT.

How?
The moral fabric of the nation has been destroyed...thus America is being destroyed.
When has this country been more "moral" than we are today? Who's morals are you referring to?
It gets worse every year. Teen pregnancies, unwed mothers, drug addicts, legitimization of homosexuality, crime...the list goes on. Look back some years, the moral fabric of this nation was tight until the hippies took over.

A lot of the laws and rights that were originally included in the constitution were written in colonial America's mindset. We no longer need everyone and there mom, grandmother and 2nd cousin bearing arms. That's what the police/ military is for. I think freedom of speech is a nice thing to have, but we shouldn't have the right to offend people. We need to re write the constitution with today's issues in mind. What do you think?
I'm offended by the gist of your thread so let's ban that speech. But if we did then you wouldn't get the opportunity to be corrected and that would be counterproductive so let's not ban speech.

How?
It gets worse every year. Teen pregnancies, unwed mothers, drug addicts, legitimization of homosexuality, crime...the list goes on. Look back some years, the moral fabric of this nation was tight until the hippies took over.

You stupid motherfuckers send children to the minimum security prisons known as public schools - while they are there must do something to break the monotony - I guess they are fucking, big time.

Stop complaining and support the little bastards , that's your job.

How?

You stupid motherfuckers send children to the minimum security prisons known as public schools - while they are there must do something to break the monotony - I guess they are fucking, big time.

Stop complaining and support the little bastards , that's your job.

WTF you talking about?

Are you nuts?

What type is that?

I wonder how much money we spend on bilinguial material? You wanna become a legal citizen, you learn the language.

Shut up you stupid ignorant motherfucker.

Puerto Rico was invaded in 1898, my ancestors were made US citizens against their will. Congress knew they spoke no English. Shut your pie hole and keep investing in bilingual material.

LOL.

Are you nuts?

What type is that?

Puerto Rico was invaded in 1898, my ancestors were made US citizens against their will. Congress knew they spoke no English. Shut your pie hole and keep investing in bilingual material.

LOL.

With all of your cussing...it seems to me as if English is your second language.

Are you nuts?

What type is that?

The amount spent on bilingual material is probably a LOT less than we have spent in Iraq and Afghanistan and our 'nation building' efforts.

The American Naturalization test is in English, though there are three exemptions.
There are exemptions from English-language naturalization test - NY Daily News

The Constitution has been changed through amendments, court cases, usage, laws and other means. If all goes well it will continue to be changed. If people believe it will be changed back to 1789 they may be wrong. America, the Constitution, our way of life and all about us continues to be more liberal. Too liberal for some, not liberal enough for some and pretty close to just right for others.

Why should there be an update to the Constitution when the far left just sees it as GD piece of paper and does not follow it anyway?

How?
Some of those are the result of more freedom but I would rather have more freedom than less freedom. What's wrong with the "legitimization of homosexuality"? How does that "legitimization" hurt you ? What percent of our society are homosexuals and how does that hurts us? Homosexuality is not a new phenomenon.
The so-called "moral fabric" of our society was NOT tight before the "hippies took over" , they had laws delegating people as second class citizens based solely on the color of their skin. That's hardly "moral" and the people who were inflicting those injustices were Christians who went to Church every Sunday and preached the "Gospel of Love" while they inflicted their oppression and brutality on "those people".

Are you nuts?

What type is that?

LOL.

With all of your cussing...it seems to me as if English is your second language.

Third Language..

First is cussing which I learned from my sergeants in Viet Nam .

Second is Southern Red Neck , which I learned from my wife.

The Constitution has been changed through amendments, court cases, usage, laws and other means. If all goes well it will continue to be changed. If people believe it will be changed back to 1789 they may be wrong. America, the Constitution, our way of life and all about us continues to be more liberal. Too liberal for some, not liberal enough for some and pretty close to just right for others.

"and other means" is correct.

By nominating scumbags to the federal bench who have never read or heard of the US Constitution (1787).

How?
Some of those are the result of more freedom but I would rather have more freedom than less freedom. What's wrong with the "legitimization of homosexuality"? How does that "legitimization" hurt you ? What percent of our society are homosexuals and how does that hurts us? Homosexuality is not a new phenomenon.
Legitimizing poor behavior is never good...it excuses poor and detrimental behavior.
The so-called "moral fabric" of our society was NOT tight before the "hippies took over" , they had laws delegating people as second class citizens based solely on the color of their skin. That's hardly "moral" and the people who were inflicting those injustices were Christians who went to Church every Sunday and preached the "Gospel of Love" while they inflicted their oppression and brutality on "those people".

Sure it was. You are trying to blur the issue by using race relations as the sole definition of 'moral fabric'. It is another discussion in itself. The fact of the matter is that America's moral compass no longer points North. Much of that reason being the assault on Christianit.

WE should do one thing to the constitution...Make it say at the top, "hell, yes the government should invest in our fucking country!!!!" Are you insane?

Infrastructure, science and r&d!!!

Infrastructure is a LOCAL STATE MATTER.

INFRASTRUCTURE should be privately owned so the sons of bitches don't claim that traveling on "public" roads is a privilege. I also don't want the fascists claiming that by traveling on "public" roads that I had no expectation of privacy and "consented" to have the gestapo stop my vehicle at anytime.

Forum List

Back