Should we get involved in the war on Drugs by helping Mexico exterminate Cartels?

Should we get involved with the war on drugs and help Mexico exterminate the Cartels?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nitroz

INDEPENDENTly ruthless
May 18, 2011
Merritt Island, FL
This is a POLL!

Yes or No.

Explain your reasoning. (No calling anyone a dumbass or you WILL be reported)

I say yes, we need to get involved and help Mexico take the bad guys out. Why do I say so?
Because the Cartels are simply doing their own thing still and don't have enough pressure on them. What will our role be if we do get involved and work with Mexico? Our role will be simple and there will not be any use of smart missiles or jets. (basically just essential equipment) IE use of Humvees, Guns, Drones (only for intel), and nothing else.

What would be the benefit of doing so? Less drugs coming accross the border. Lower crime rates in both countries. Lower immigration rates. Less money it will cost us in the long run. And Mexico will be able to rebuild and become a peaceful place again.

Until Mexico takes the appropriate action nothing will be fixed or ended. The Mexican Government needs to suspend the Law in the hardest hit areas, send in troops and clean out the known gangs. With shoot to kill orders.

Rotate the troops every 30 days so bribes won't work as well and aggressively investigate the slightest of rumors of a cover up, payoffs or bribes to troops, police or Judiciary. Any "lucky breaks " for the cartels should be investigated as well.

Not only shouldn't we legalize drugs we should make dealers pay with their lives if they traffic to anyone under 18 and life sentences to anyone else. We should set up separate prisons for drug dealers and drug runners. No amenities and hard labor.

We should consider Martial law in our hardest hit gang areas and clean out our own gang problems. Cops know who they are but we coddle them because of our laws.

This is a POLL!

Yes or No.

I say yes, we need to get involved and help Mexico take the bad guys out. Why do I say so?
Because the Cartels are simply doing their own thing still and don't have enough pressure on them. What will our role be if we do get involved and work with Mexico? Our role will be simple and there will not be any use of smart missiles or jets. (basically just essential equipment) IE use of Humvees, Guns, Drones (only for intel), and nothing else.

What would be the benefit of doing so? Less drugs coming accross the border. Lower crime rates in both countries. Lower immigration rates. Less money it will cost us in the long run. And Mexico will be able to rebuild and become a peaceful place again.

Its a brilliant way to waste money!

Calderon tried to fight the cartels and look how low the crime rate went and how peaceful Mexico got!

Until Mexico takes the appropriate action nothing will be fixed or ended. The Mexican Government needs to suspend the Law in the hardest hit areas, send in troops and clean out the known gangs. With shoot to kill orders.

Rotate the troops every 30 days so bribes won't work as well and aggressively investigate the slightest of rumors of a cover up, payoffs or bribes to troops, police or Judiciary. Any "lucky breaks " for the cartels should be investigated as well.

Not only shouldn't we legalize drugs we should make dealers pay with their lives if they traffic to anyone under 18 and life sentences to anyone else. We should set up separate prisons for drug dealers and drug runners. No amenities and hard labor.

We should consider Martial law in our hardest hit gang areas and clean out our own gang problems. Cops know who they are but we coddle them because of our laws.

I like the way you think. ;)

And we do more than coddle them because of people who have the mentality of questioning the government of not doing anything and then accusing them of harsh penalties and excessive force when they get caught doing something wrong...

I want to do politics. But people are going to hate me because I'll actually be doing my job.
(Jails would fill up pretty damn fast)

Lock the border down between Mexico and the US and let them kill each other.

Make sure that you point the machine guns into the US so that when we shoot them, as they cross, it can not be called an act of war against Mexico.

This is a POLL!

Yes or No.

you're going to report us for calling somone a dumbass? :eusa_eh:really?:cuckoo:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

no, let Mexico fight her own damn wars, ain't she got a army?

All that time in the service apparently made you forget about the Constitution. Please study the concept of "Civil Liberties" and The Bill of Rights.

Plus, most of those things you advocate are exactly what the gov't refuses to do now.

And please, PLEASE start another thread and apologize profusely for your stupid idea about implementing Martial Law. Shit like that is the reason many non-veterans think we're a bunch of Authoritarian Goose Stepping Nazis.

You're not in the Army anymore. You don't wear stripes anymore. Slapping your troopies around may have worked for you in the Army but here in the real world it'll get your ass thrown in jail, and deservedly so.

This is a POLL!

Yes or No.

I think we would be better served by stricter border enforcement...MUCH stricter.

Last edited:
How do we do THAT? Feel free to elaborate. Given ALL the other healthy alternatives THAT haven't been tried so far? Tell us, I will personally try one IF I haven’t already done it, that IS…..

Last edited:

Forum List

Back