Should we declare a national day of blasphemy?

Sep 12, 2008
The Islamic loons are declaring fatwas against European and American free speech on a regular basis now. And the folks responsible are folding, unforgivably.

I hate what south park does. But if they are going to be all so courageous in the face of US criticism, they should have equal courage in the face of Islamic stuff too.

Now that they know they can make us fold, they will be back with more threats.

The correct response to threats like this is not folding, but 'in your face.' I think from now on, when we get a threat, we should treat it like a national day of blasphemy, so that they know that their threats not only don't work, but are counter productive.

The Islamic loons are declaring fatwas against European and American free speech on a regular basis now. And the folks responsible are folding, unforgivably.

I hate what south park does. But if they are going to be all so courageous in the face of US criticism, they should have equal courage in the face of Islamic stuff too.

Now that they know they can make us fold, they will be back with more threats.

The correct response to threats like this is not folding, but 'in your face.' I think from now on, when we get a threat, we should treat it like a national day of blasphemy, so that they know that their threats not only don't work, but are counter productive.

who folded? they made fun of it...

i think you might want to try watching it instead of listening to how it was mischaracterized.

600 lashes + 7 years in prison for blasphemy in Saudi Arabia...
:eek:
Harsh ‘Blasphemy’ Sentence as Saudi Arabia Continues to Evade US Religious Freedom Sanctions
August 1, 2013 – The sentencing of a Saudi blogger to seven years’ imprisonment and 600 lashes for blasphemy spotlights again the fact that the U.S. administration has for years waived the one legislative tool available for putting pressure on the kingdom over religious freedom violations.
Raef Badawi, the founder of a website promoting public debate on the role of religion in Saudi Arabia, was convicted this week of insulting Islam through the website and ridiculing religious figures – including the notorious religious police, the Committee for the Promotion of Virtue and Prevention of Vice. He has already been in custody since June 2012. According to Human Rights Watch (HRW), a prominent Saudi cleric last year issued a ruling declaring Badawi to be an apostate. Prosecutors originally added apostasy – a capital offense in Saudi Arabia – to the list of charges, but Badawi managed to persuade the court that he had not renounced Islam.

HRW deputy Middle East director Nadim Houry said the sentence “makes a mockery of Saudi Arabia’s claims that it supports reform and religious dialogue.” “King Abdullah has received praise for fostering dialogue and an exchange of ideas between religions, but it appears that Saudi authorities’ tolerance for open discussion stops at Saudi borders,” he said. The king, who in 2011 opened a Vienna-based center for interreligious dialogue, has frequently been praised by Western governments, including the Obama administration, for fostering harmony between religions.

Speaking at a Ramadan iftar at the State Department last week, Secretary of State John Kerry told the gathering “I was impressed when I first visited Saudi Arabia, and I met King Abdullah, and I listened to him talk about his sense of urgency about bringing faiths together and his own initiative to try to reach out across the divide and bring Muslim and all other religions together.” But at home Abdullah presides over a regime based on the strict Wahhabi strain of Sunni Islam and rights campaigners say religious freedom for others – including Christians, Shi’ites and Ismaili Muslims – is essentially non-existent.

On its 2013 list of the worst persecutors of Christians, Open Doors USA put Saudi Arabia at number two (behind North Korea), a position it has held for most of the past decade. “The Saudi government bans most forms of public religious expression other than that of the government's own interpretation of one school of Sunni Islam and uses criminal charges of apostasy and blasphemy to suppress discussion and debate and silence dissidents,” U.S. Commission on International Religious Freedom (USCIRF) chairman Robert George said on Wednesday.

- See more at: Harsh ?Blasphemy? Sentence as Saudi Arabia Continues to Evade US Religious Freedom Sanctions | CNS News

Forum List

Back