Should this guy go to prison II?

Otis Mayfield

Diamond Member
Sep 17, 2021

TAMPA — Jeremy Michael Brown is a former U.S. Army special forces soldier and one-time congressional candidate in Tampa. He’s also a self-identified member of the far-right Oath Keepers extremist group.

Prosecutors say he was among the rioting crowd Jan. 6 at the U.S. Capitol, where he was photographed in military garb, a tactical vest and carrying surgical shears and zip ties. When federal agents searched his Palm River area home last week, they said they found a short-barrel rifle, a sawed-off shotgun, more than 8,000 rounds of ammunition and two hand grenades.

“You made a specific threat to law enforcement,” the judge told Brown. “And that’s something I can’t ignore.”

CWUNODKC5JAA7I34ATSOSRAYOU.jpg

All those weapons are useable by a militia.

He's probably going to prison for the hand grenades unless they are dummies used for training.

You think he should go to prison?

TAMPA — Jeremy Michael Brown is a former U.S. Army special forces soldier and one-time congressional candidate in Tampa. He’s also a self-identified member of the far-right Oath Keepers extremist group.

Prosecutors say he was among the rioting crowd Jan. 6 at the U.S. Capitol, where he was photographed in military garb, a tactical vest and carrying surgical shears and zip ties. When federal agents searched his Palm River area home last week, they said they found a short-barrel rifle, a sawed-off shotgun, more than 8,000 rounds of ammunition and two hand grenades.

“You made a specific threat to law enforcement,” the judge told Brown. “And that’s something I can’t ignore.”

He's probably going to prison for the hand grenades unless they are dummies used for training.

If he has the proper permit for the SBR then that isn't a crime. The sawed-off is a problem and I doubt the grenades were live or the media piece would have used stronger language. That's the problem with trying to find the truth these days. Media has become very casual about putting out inflammatory click-bait even at the cost of lying. BTW, there is nothing wrong with Americans creating militias. The fact that media cast them as anti-government insurgents is just more propaganda. The one way to get anti-government militias is to crack down on enough freedoms that average people become willing to fight back. It's a simple equation.

"For at least the past 20 years, we have been ensnared in one massive propaganda campaign after another. Yet no matter how many times it's proven that what we're being told are lies, millions of Americans still choose to believe the liars."

This story is one example.

If he has the proper permit for the SBR then that isn't a crime. The sawed-off is a problem and I doubt the grenades were live or the media piece would have used stronger language. That's the problem with trying to find the truth these days. Media has become very casual about putting out inflammatory click-bait even at the cost of lying. BTW, there is nothing wrong with Americans creating militias. The fact that media cast them as anti-government insurgents is just more propaganda. The one way to get anti-government militias is to crack down on enough freedoms that average people become willing to fight back. It's a simple equation.

His only hope is if they were training grenades.

If they were live grenades, he's toast.

Since he was a special forces guy, he probably had a lot of opportunity to palm some live grenades. Told the armory he used them in field, but didn't.

Did he illegally possess these items?

So, you don't really know.
If he did not illegally possess those items, there's no reason to send him to prison.
Right?

Damn, F Lee Bailey! You should get a job lawyering!

Like we on this forum are close enough to the evidence to tell anything.

And thus, you agree: You don't really know.
That being the case, no one can give an informed asnwer to your question.
/ topic

You really don't know either.

What's your point? That we shouldn't discuss things on this forum?

Stupid premise, if true.

I like the pearl-clutching, breathless report of 8,000! rounds of ammunition. That's a few cans of 22lr, something you'd burn in an average day or two on the range.

I think he should move to mar-a-lago

Damn, F Lee Bailey! You should get a job lawyering!

Like we on this forum are close enough to the evidence to tell anything.
If you truly don't know, should you side on presumed innocence?

Several questions are unanswered, did he have permits for his weapons? If he did indeed threaten law enforcement he should spend some time in the pokey.

Forum List

Back