Should the US defend Taiwan from China?

Should they?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Irregardless ---you seem very sensitive regarding Christians and Christianity ....thus it might be interesting to know how you developed such a venoumous attitude towards the dominant religion of America.
Not to be pedantic but...irregardless is a nonsense word. I used to use it all the time until someone pointed that out to me.

Anyway, sorry to be a buttinski, but speaking of Christianity and our founding and religion in politics in America and all that stuff, have you ever read The Age of Reason by Thomas Paine?

China has a lot of internal problems that could lead to serious domestic intranquility

The economy is slowing, workers are losing their jobs without any government support

Plus massive flooding and crop failures

Yes they are saber rattling

But china might go too far and start a war rather than back down and lose face
Isn't starting a war a time-honored way to distract from internal problems?

Pathetic.....I know you will continue to listen to how I will continue to terrorize you with the truth.

I have noticed many times how atheists complain about the Jehovah Witnesses knocking on their door.

In my entire life I have only had them knock on my door once and I lived across the street form one of their churches.

I think the atheists have a problem with them but not because the J.W's harass them.
I use to have JW's knocking on my door at least once a week. I started joking with my friends that I was going to put a chalk outline of a body on my front stoop and scatter some copies of The Watchtower on the lawn. :lol:

But I wimped out and bought a NO SOLICITING sign and put it under my doorbell instead. Worked like a charm.

I told my son he should buy a bunch of those signs and sell them door-to-door with the sales pitch, "How'd you like me to be the last salesman to knock on your door?"

I do not think China is merely saber rattling....I think they have a plan.....they have thought about all this long and hard.....and they are very clever....much, much smarter than the Western World who they have played now for decades.

Ever since the days of Mao they have let it be known that they will one day take over Taiwan.

Yet...I do think they want to do it in a peaceful manner...and Joe Biden is a great opportunity for them to do that.

What they are doing with the over-flights is to ratchet up the pressure in a gradual manner....to convince the U.S. they are serious and if we interfere there will be severe repercussions.

They are going to increase the pressure until there is some sort of limited military action which will provoke a big pow wow between the U.S. and China; at which time they will make it very,very clear to joe what they will do if they cannot get an agreement similar to the Hong Kong agreement with the U.K.

And we all know what joe will do.
I hope Taiwan has taken a page from Israel's playbook, and is ready to defend themselves...perhaps with a plutonium-filled surprise.

Let's make two lists

Nations China has attacked since 1956 (CCP came to power)

Nations the US has attacked since 1956
I see what you did there. The Chinese communists invaded Korea in 1950, and you didn't want that to make the list. Nice try.

Let's make two more lists.

The Chinese people killed by the Chinese government.

The American people killed by the US government.

Last edited:
Forty years ago when the US still produced products, I would agree with you. The US has been working towards a total service economy since then. The majority of the US workforce can't produce anything so instead of the superior products that the US produced, we are now relegated to the quality that all other third world countries get
We are manufacturing more stuff than ever before. It just takes less people to do it, thanks to technology.

Just like 90 percent of our workforce was involved in agriculture at our Founding, now it only takes 2 percent, and we are feeding the entire world.

But when we talk about where the JOBS are, yes, the service and entertainment sectors are where things are going.

I say yes, we should defend nearly any freedom loving allied nation from them
To defend any freedom-loving nation is one thing but we are talking about the US that destroys freedom-loving nations and actively supports fascism. So ..... the question in the OP is "Should the US defend Taiwan from China?" Considering the fact that the US doesn't abide by international law concerning what "freedom-loving" means and who qualifies, my answer is, therefore, NO. Freedom-loving nations ought to be defended for sure but not by fascist-creating nations such as the US that has no respect for freedom-loving in the first place. The UN certainly needs to be reformed but it is the only institution that ought to decide what nations should be supported and by whom. Rogue regimes such as North Korea and the US (etc.) shouldn't be allowed to decide anything at all on their own initiative.

I hope Taiwan has taken a page from Israel's playbook, and is ready to defend themselves...perhaps with a plutonium-filled surprise.

Israel's playbook is to occupy Western governments, academia, MSM, etc. Then steal nuke material from Pennsylvania and deny it. And have the West fight their wars. Fuck them. :dunno:

We cant afford war with China. But we should aid Taiwan. Officially recognizing them as a soveriegn nation, while refusing to recognize their claim of being the rightful government of mainland China would go a long way. We can establish an embassy, set up some sort of base and support their admitance into the UN as a seperate nation from China.
China would go to war over that or even if Taiwan declared their independence China says it will go to war if they do that.

No-NK invaded South Korea.
Yes....that started the whole thing....then Mac kicked the N. Koreans out of S.Korea and headed North despite China warning him if he did so they would intervene.....he did and they did.

We had a monumental failure of intelligence that did not notice the Chinese moving in.....despite American soldiers telling their higher ups they were fighting Chinese.

Over a hundred thousand Chinese laid a trap for Mac....and to add to that Mac split his forces in his drive north....a classic military mistake.

One of the maxims of war....do not split your forces.

The Chinese took big advantage of that and chased Mac back down South to the 38th paralell....when a sort of stalemate took hold....China did manage to capture Seoul but Ridgeway retook it....and the battle sewsawed that way....The Chinese would take a hill and the Americans would retake it...it went back and forth that way till a cease fire took hold.

Last edited:
Yeah, why should we have cared Hitler conquered all of Europe and North Africa? What did he do to us?

We are such busybodies!

Any allusions to Hitler's Germany or the NSDAP are completely incongruent in this case.

Taiwan is Chinese territory ceded back to China, from Japan, after WW2.

The island has been occupied by the supporters of a faction which lost a civil war.

This is akin to the Rebel Army from our Civil War occupying one of the Channel Islands along the US coast.

Then claiming that island was theirs from the beginning, and they were a sovereign state.

It is fucking ridiculous on its face.

You are just too fucking brainwashed to question the narrative.

I see what you did there. The Chinese communists invaded Korea in 1950, and you didn't want that to make the list. Nice try.

Let's make two more lists.

The Chinese people killed by the Chinese government.

The American people killed by the US government.
The Chinese were requested to enter the conflict by by Kim Il Sung.

Give them some nukes.
Yeah, I'd usually have to say no. . . but, this seems to, in IMO, to be the best solution.

On the face of it, I am extremely opposed to nuclear proliferation, but if we look at the origins of Taiwan, it was, and still is, essentially, a civil war. It is much like the Korean conflict, STILL unresolved.

And the world is living in denial.

". . . After the end of World War II, the Chinese Civil War resumed between the Chinese Nationalists (Kuomintang), led by Generalissimo Chiang Kai-shek, and the Chinese Communist Party (CCP), led by CCP Chairman Mao Zedong. Throughout the months of 1949, a series of Chinese Communist offensives led to the capture of its capital Nanjing on 23 April and the subsequent defeat of the Nationalist army on the mainland, and the Communists founded the People's Republic of China on 1 October.[102]

On 7 December 1949, after the loss of four capitals, Chiang evacuated his Nationalist government to Taiwan and made Taipei the temporary capital of the ROC (also called the "wartime capital" by Chiang Kai-shek).[103] Some 2 million people, consisting mainly of soldiers, members of the ruling Kuomintang and intellectual and business elites, were evacuated from mainland China to Taiwan at that time, adding to the earlier population of approximately six million. These people came to be known in Taiwan as 'Mainlanders' (Waishengren, 外省人). In addition, the ROC government took to Taipei many national treasures and much of China's gold reserves and foreign currency reserves.[104][105][106]

After losing control of mainland China in 1949, the ROC retained control of Taiwan and Penghu (Taiwan, ROC), parts of Fujian (Fujian, ROC)—specifically Kinmen, Wuqiu (now part of Kinmen) and the Matsu Islands and two major islands in the South China Sea (within the Dongsha/Pratas and Nansha/Spratly island groups). These territories have remained under ROC governance until the present day. The ROC also briefly retained control of the entirety of Hainan (an island province), parts of Zhejiang (Chekiang)—specifically the Dachen Islands and Yijiangshan Islands—and portions of the Tibet Autonomous Region (Tibet was de facto independent from 1912 to 1951), Qinghai, Xinjiang (Sinkiang) and Yunnan. The Communists captured Hainan in 1950, captured the Dachen Islands and Yijiangshan Islands during the First Taiwan Strait Crisis in 1955 and defeated the ROC revolts in Northwest China in 1958. ROC forces in Yunnan province entered Burma and Thailand in the 1950s and were defeated by Communists in 1961.

Ever since losing control of mainland China, the Kuomintang continued to claim sovereignty over 'all of China', which it defined to include mainland China (including Tibet, which remained independent until 1951), Taiwan (including Penghu), Mongolia (known by the ROC as 'Outer Mongolia', 外蒙古) and other minor territories. In mainland China, the victorious Communists proclaimed the PRC to be the sole legitimate government of China (which included Taiwan, according to their definition) and that the Republic of China had been vanquished.[107]"

The folks in Taiwan should not just have to surrender their sovereignty.

OTH, the U.S. should not have to take sides, since we are intertwined with both sides, economically and politically.

China should back the F off. They don't have a right to be aggressors. That war has been over long ago, and what they did to Tibet should have been acted upon by the U.N., but the world powers were cowards back then, just like they were with Hitler, so this coming crisis should come as no surprise.

Good solution Todd.

Forum List

Back