Should the US defend Taiwan from China?

Should they?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
You are correct....but Ridgeway retook it in the 4th battle of Seoul.

1634357069523.png

The USA should be invaded by a country to get rid of the Sleepy Joe Regime since it hates American citizens and hates liberty and freedom. It would be cool if China invaded the USA to stop the invasion of low IQ illegal aliens and to but an end to the fake news, fake academia, fake entertainment industry, etc.

China was never in S. Korea. We stopped them at the 38th parallel.

The Korean War was the first time China could legitimately say it had defeated a foreign power in more than a century. Not only that, the PLA pushed the US and its allies all the way from the Chinese border to Seoul with little more than massed light infantry and clever strategies against a modern military with access to heavy artillery, tanks, and massed bombers. Just a decade before, Chinese soldiers spent eight years ineffectually dying against a much less technologically advanced enemy in Imperial Japan before it surrendered to the Americans and Soviets. Before that China was pretty much slapped around by any foreign power every couple years. The boost to the national psyche must have been massive.
In WWII, that was ROC. In Korean War, that was PROC. That was night and day. Joseph Stilwell and Truman fxxked ROC in WWII. Then, Russian fully supported PROC :rolleyes:

Anyway, back to the topic. Only 2 reasons that US should defend TWN, First island chain defence and TSMC.

In WWII, that was ROC. In Korean War, that was PROC. That was night and day. Joseph Stilwell and Truman fxxked ROC in WWII. Then, Russian fully supported PROC :rolleyes:

Anyway, back to the topic. Only 2 reasons that US should defend TWN, First island chain defence and TSMC.
TSMC?

I wonder how many got all your abbreviations?

The USA should be invaded by a country to get rid of the Sleepy Joe Regime since it hates American citizens and hates liberty and freedom. It would be cool if China invaded the USA to stop the invasion of low IQ illegal aliens and to but an end to the fake news, fake academia, fake entertainment industry, etc.
China would be worse than all that combined and multiplied by 10

A friend of mine, a US citizen from an affluent White/Jewish area, lived in China for a few years. He loved it except for the fact the broads are unimpressive.

We cant afford war with China. But we should aid Taiwan. Officially recognizing them as a soveriegn nation, while refusing to recognize their claim of being the rightful government of mainland China would go a long way. We can establish an embassy, set up some sort of base and support their admitance into the UN as a seperate nation from China.

If not who will we defend cause it wont stop there...Philippines? Japan? Australia? South Korea?
Why is that our problem? Unless those countries want to pay (and pay through the nose, in the trillion dollars per year range) for military protection, I say walk away and let them deal with it.

This is about money and technology.

Currently there is a moratorium denying shipping technology that makes silicon wafers (what makes computer chips) to mainland China...we can to Taiwan. (And we are...we are the sole manufacturers of the equipment...no one else can)
ASML can. They are a Netherlands company.

Unfortunately some want America to

Unfortunately some still attempt to cling to isolationism....no longer possible in a such a small world as we now have.

A good analogy is a 'chess game' and the chess board being the world.....one small move on the board has all kinds of ramifications.
Actually, the original analogy was the Domino theory.

To answer the OP's question....I will quote this from -American Military News-

US will ‘lose fast’ in war with China, Air Force’s simulation shows​

MARCH 11, 2021
That's what the Trident missiles are for.

We cant afford war with China. But we should aid Taiwan.

The US neocons can afford war with anyone, particularly and exclusively enemies of the Zionist entity in Palestine who have tentacles in every country except "rogue" countries. If you mean "we" as if the USA is actually a unified country that has beliefs and ethics in common, you are crazy.

You from Taiwan? Me neither.

You wanna know the problem with modern Americans?

They don't understand that it is ok to just be an American.

Every other nation on this planet can just be themselves.

Brits can be Brits, the French...MFers from India can just be Indian.

They can tend to their own shit, and deal with their own problems without EVER venturing out, and never expected to either without a pinch of guilt.

Rightfully so.

Not Americans.

MFers from America have been so brainwashed that they ACTUALLY think that they should be dying for Taiwan.

TAIWAN...Ain't that some shit?

8,000 miles away, no real connection to the US...but we are almost EXPECTED to go fight a massive war for that shit spot island.

What happened to our country?

Sad.
Yeah, why should we have cared Hitler conquered all of Europe and North Africa? What did he do to us?

We are such busybodies!

Pathetic.....I know you will continue to listen to how I will continue to terrorize you with the truth.

I have noticed many times how atheists complain about the Jehovah Witnesses knocking on their door.

In my entire life I have only had them knock on my door once and I lived across the street form one of their churches.

I think the atheists have a problem with them but not because the J.W's harass them.
Are you in the right thread?

Are you on some sort of mind-altering chemicals?

Forum List

Back