CDZ Should the parents of gang members be arrested for accessory to murder, manslaughter and attempted murder?

Let me ask..... Is it fact or just alleged that she sent this ^^^^^^^^^ text? "Don't do it."

You didn't answer this ^^^^^^^^^

They know their kid is a gang member, ..............the baby mommas, sisters, mothers, grandmothers are often the straw buyers who buy the guns illegally for their family gang member..........
Do we disagree? Knowing of a crime doesn't make you a criminal, participating in one does.

I am....I am addressing the other posters who have already convicted the parents......without knowing anything about the situation the same way they convicted Kyle Rittenhouse....

No one here is on the jury.

At least nine States hold adults criminally responsible for storing a loaded firearm in such a way as to allow a minor to gain access. Some of these provisions include an enhanced penalty if the minor causes injury or death to himself or another person and create exceptions for parental liability when the minor gains access to a weapon by unlawful entry into the home or place of storage or if the firearm is used in self-defense. In addition, 13 States have provisions that create criminal liability when a custodial adult or parent is aware that his or her child possesses a firearm unlawfully and does not take action to prevent the possession.

Looks like it has been tried. It didn't work.

Parents tell their kids to stay out of gangs. Their kids says they aren't in a gang. What else can they do? Lock their kid in a cage?

Last edited:
The parents of the Michigan school shooter have been arrested and charged with manslaughter......the warning they apparently recieved about their child was a scary picture and scary writing...the day the shooting occurred....

Meanwhile...the parent/parents of actual gang members have far more knowledge of their violent children and their activities........up to and including murder, manslaughter.....

Should the parents of gang members be charged with the same crimes as the Michigan school shooter>
Only if they're white.

At least nine States hold adults criminally responsible for storing a loaded firearm in such a way as to allow a minor to gain access. Some of these provisions include an enhanced penalty if the minor causes injury or death to himself or another person and create exceptions for parental liability when the minor gains access to a weapon by unlawful entry into the home or place of storage or if the firearm is used in self-defense. In addition, 13 States have provisions that create criminal liability when a custodial adult or parent is aware that his or her child possesses a firearm unlawfully and does not take action to prevent the possession.

Looks like it has been tried. It didn't work.

Parents tell their kids to stay out of gangs. Their kids says they aren't in a gang. What else can they do? Lock their kid in a cage?
No.....that's Biden's job.

Do you know they knew their kid was disturbed? Big assumption on your part...

The parent/parents of gang members know their kids are criminals engaged in crime and likely violence......with far more evidence than a scary picture and writings...
That we will find out, in their trials, I suppose...? The little evidence we have, points to them knowing.

-when father was alerted to the shooter at sons school, he left work, rushed home, looked for the gun, couldn't find it, called police to report it was stolen, and told them the shooter could be his son.

-mother laughed off son trying to buy ammo, and told him not to get caught next time.

-mother sent text to son saying while shooting at school was going on saying "Don't do it"!

Plus the call to school for depicted murder pictures and cry for help. They left him there, knowing he had access to an automatic hand gun...no action taken then,

...like a nice long ride home with your son, to discern his mental health through talking with him, after HELP ME! cry....

They were negligent.

The question in their court trial is, was any of this the reasonable actions that most parents would take?

Again: I believe the charges against the parents (from the little we yet know) seems to be a legal stretch. In Michigan, it looks like the trial jury will get instructions on the law from the judge setting forth the “elements” f the charged crimes as follows;

“A person is guilty of involuntary manslaughter if the prosecutor can prove all of the following elements beyond a reasonable doubt (Michigan Criminal Jury Instruction 16.10):

• First, that the individual caused the death of the victim, that is, that the victim died as a result of the individual’s act.
  • Second, in doing the act that caused the victim’s death, the individual acted in a grossly negligent manner OR in doing the act that caused the victim’s death, the individual intended to injure the victim. For example, an individual who commits assault and battery with the intent to inflict injury but instead causes an unintended death, then this amounts to, at least, involuntary manslaughter. People v Datema, 448 Mich 585; 533 NW2d 272 (1995).
  • Third, that the individual caused the death without lawful excuse or justification.”

That doesn't make sense to me, but then I'm not a prosecutor.
I think it is a reach. This is not to say that the parents might not be guilty of SOME crime or crimes based on the underlying facts and the horrible tragedy that ensued. I am just doubtful that “involuntary manslaughter” is the proper charge.

The parents of the Michigan school shooter have been arrested and charged with manslaughter......the warning they apparently recieved about their child was a scary picture and scary writing...the day the shooting occurred....

Meanwhile...the parent/parents of actual gang members have far more knowledge of their violent children and their activities........up to and including murder, manslaughter.....

Should the parents of gang members be charged with the same crimes as the Michigan school shooter>
It is a precedent that isnt going to go well for the citizens of the United States, while millions of diseased illegals are crossing the southern border murdering and raping as they go along.....We the People will be replaced with Taco's and Burrito's...

I'm fine with these parents being charged as long as the Judge who let the guy out days before he drove his SUV through a crowd killing and injuring close to 100 people. Also fine with charging parents of gang members.

Absolutely!

Parents should bare some responsibility for the actions of their offspring for their entire lives.
Well, at least until they’re 18. You are absolutely on the right track though it should be a lot longer. A human’s brainstem doesn’t fully connect to the frontal lobe, where logical thoughts are formulated, until around the age of 25.

Had we known this information 2 1/2 centuries ago, our US laws would be much up-to-date with actual “body clocks”. The legal age of drinking alcohol, possibly other laws, would’ve been set at a higher age. Can you imagine the public outcry now if congress tried to raise it now? Lol No way will any state attempt to raise legal drinking age to match this info of course- Mutinies and riots would break out in all states!

Do you know they knew their kid was disturbed? Big assumption on your part...

The parent/parents of gang members know their kids are criminals engaged in crime and likely violence......with far more evidence than a scary picture and writings...

I think they commented in a LE briefing there's no evidence of mental illness speaking of both the parents and kid.

Short version:

To be guilty as an accomplice, the alleged accomplice has to share the “mens rea” with the primary criminal actor and to have performed some some act (the “actus reus”) in furtherance of that crime.

I don’t know if there’s any evidence that the Crumbley parents were even aware of their son’s murderous thinking. So, if not, it is difficult to believe they could “share” his culpable mental state. They may be guilty of different crimes based on what they did know and what they failed to do. But I’m not sure manslaughter is legitimately on the list.
I had a bad case of actus reus once. Thank goodness for antibiotics.

In any case, going after the parents is all about politics, anyway.

What isn't with leftists, anyway?

Yes, definitely. If their kid is a minor, the parents should be liable for all the cost of the damages their kid did.

Forum List

Back