Should Spanish be the USA's 'official language?'

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Reaction score
Well, let's see, English has about 171,000 words, Spanish about 100,000. So given how poorly Americans use English, maybe a language with fewer words would be easier? :)

PredFan

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Why the hell not. We've been dumbing down Americans for a couple of decades now, why stop. More ignorant voters means more democrats in power.

Moonglow

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Why the hell not. We've been dumbing down Americans for a couple of decades now, why stop. More ignorant voters means more democrats in power.
I guess they are not as dumb as you think..Since there is a majority GOP politicians in office...

Moonglow

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Spanish is just another Romantic Latin language which is barely alive...

PredFan

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I guess they are not as dumb as you think..Since there is a majority GOP politicians in office...
Wait what? You left wing nutters assured us that the only reason the GOP is there is because voters didn't go to the polls, the this country is still mostly voting Democrat despite the results from the last election. Which is it?

longknife

Diamond Member
Reaction score
As someone who is fluent in Spanish, my response is:

Hell no!

I would like to see all this crap about other languages in official documents come to an end.

English should be - and is - the official language of The United States of America.

Period.

Admiral Rockwell Tory

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Spanish is just another Romantic Latin language which is barely alive...
Pick up the phone and call anyone in Las Vegas. If they answer the phone and don't say "Bueno!", you just may have won the lottery. Check your numbers!

Many of the teenagers there are ineligible for military service after high school because after living there for their entire lives, they still do not speak English.

Unkotare

Diamond Member
Reaction score
As someone who is fluent in Spanish, my response is:

Hell no!

I would like to see all this crap about other languages in official documents come to an end.

English should be - and is - the official language of The United States of America.

Period.

There is no official language in the United States.

DGS49

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Many years ago, a Hawaiian Senator named Hayakawa proposed that English be declared the official language of the United States. He was told that the idea was stupid and unnecessary.

So now, 50 years later, most Governent social services are provided in at Least two languages - English and Spanish - while the American people ask, WTF?

We are just a couple of elected officials shy of a declaration that the U.S. is bi-lingual, English and Espanol.

WTF?

Admiral Rockwell Tory

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Many years ago, a Hawaiian Senator named Hayakawa proposed that English be declared the official language of the United States. He was told that the idea was stupid and unnecessary.

So now, 50 years later, most Governent social services are provided in at Least two languages - English and Spanish - while the American people ask, WTF?

We are just a couple of elected officials shy of a declaration that the U.S. is bi-lingual, English and Espanol.

WTF?
He was a Senator from California, not Hawaii.

harmonica

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List