Should President Clinton(s) Nominate Judge Sutton Of The 6th To Heal The Divide?

Pro or con Clintons. Would it be wise for them to pick someone like Sutton to heal our country?

• Yes, it would be very wise.

• No, the SCOTUS should be packed with liberal Justices: The Trumpsters should just bite it.

• No, I'm from Russia and I want to see a lopsided, angry & divided America! *drooling*

Results are only viewable after voting.

Silhouette

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2013
Well, here's the bio on Judge Sutton of the 6th circuit:

Document Center / FJA Honors the Life of Justice Antonin Scalia / Federal Judges Association

FJA Honors the Life of Justice Antonin Scalia
Justice Antonin Scalia (1936-2016)
Tributes from Former Clerks
Judge Jeffrey Sutton:

Judge Sutton, United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit, clerked for Justice Scalia from 1991-1992.

I had the good fortune of clerking for Justice Scalia in October Term 1991. Eleven years later, I became a judge—thanks in large measure to that transformative year.

Justice Scalia left an imprint on everyone who worked with him. It was hard not to be affected by the Justice’s passion for the law...

Sutton-240x300.jpg

Sutton is 56 years old. Born 1960.

If the Clintons want to heal the divide and win some affection from distanced Trumpsters, the first thing she should do after taking the Oath is nominate Judge Sutton or his equivalent to fill the gaping hole that Scalia has left on the conservative side of the court.

She can grapple and fight with Congress later as Ginsburg and Breyer need replacing. Sutton as I understand it, patterned his judicial philosophy after Scalia. Scalia was like a God to him especially on Constitutionality and forethought on setting precedent.

This one act would be the strongest thread the Clintons could use the quickest to begin sewing the nation back together.

Discuss.

Last edited:
No. She should pick someone whose philosophy she shares. Although, sticking with Garland would be tossing an olive leaf to Mitch "the Turtle" McConnell.

No, that's the point, she picks someone whose philosophy she DOES NOT SHARE...to prove her willingness to compromise to heal the country. Did you not read the OP? Wait a minute...it's you...nevermind...

Document Center / FJA Honors the Life of Justice Antonin Scalia / Federal Judges Association

Judge Jeffrey Sutton:

Judge Sutton, United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit, clerked for Justice Scalia from 1991-1992.

I had the good fortune of clerking for Justice Scalia in October Term 1991. Eleven years later, I became a judge—thanks in large measure to that transformative year.

Justice Scalia left an imprint on everyone who worked with him. It was hard not to be affected by the Justice’s passion for the law...

If the Clintons want to heal the divide and win some affection from distanced Trumpsters, the first thing she should do after taking the Oath is nominate Judge Sutton or his equivalent to fill the gaping hole that Scalia has left on the conservative side of the court.

She can grapple and fight with Congress later as Ginsburg and Breyer need replacing. Sutton as I understand it, patterned his judicial philosophy after Scalia. Scalia was like a God to him especially on Constitutionality and forethought on setting precedent.

This one act would be the strongest thread the Clintons could use the quickest to begin sewing the nation back together.

Discuss.
ROFLMAO

You are such an idiot, Sillywet.

Hillay Clinton is a corrupt neoMarxist ideologue.

She wouldnt touch a conservative with a ten foot poll, you delusional Anti-Trump moron.

^^ That's exactly what made Scalia a conservative...duh! He was a purest when it came to the Constitution. If it wasn't written in the Constitution or even remotely implied, there is no protection.

There is no conservative side of the court.
There's not supposed to be. That's for sure.

Just like Ginsburg was not supposed to go out in public and tell the world how she was going to vote on Obergefell. Perfection and reality often don't exist in the same world though, alas.

Don't try and bullshit me, Sil. The only reason you like Sutton is b/c he ruled against gay marriage on the 6th Circuit Court.

No, that's the point, she picks someone whose philosophy she DOES NOT SHARE...to prove her willingness to compromise to heal the country. Did you not read the OP? Wait a minute...it's you...nevermind...

Uh, nobody voted for Hillary so she could put more knuckle-dragging homophobes on the court.

Here's the thing. If Trump is defeated today, there should be no attempt to validate the deplorable collection of racists and homophobes who slithered out from under the rocks to support him.

None.

The tragedy of Trump is so many Republicans who KNOW he was a racist, a homophobe and a misogynist voted for him anyway. Shame on them.

Uh, nobody voted for Hillary so she could put more knuckle-dragging homophobes on the court.

Is that what you're calling the late Justice Scalia? You know he was besties with Justice Ginsburg, right?

Judge Jeffrey Sutton:

Sutton-240x300.jpg

Sutton is 56 years old. Born 1960.

Discuss.

He might be a good nomination for President Trump.

Forum List

Back